• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Super trickler, Auto trickler or charge master

I looking at purchasing a scale and a powder throwing unit. Need some help in figuring which one to purchase.
The cost isn't a issue on either of the ones I listed. Wait time is a factor though
Promethius is definitely out of the question.
Any info on why to choose 1 over the other would be greatly appreciated thank you
I've got the RCBS and the ATV4. The RCBS is actually pretty accurate, but it's not nearly as fast. The V4 is very fast, and very accurate. I haven't had the overthrow problems that a lot of people report. I mean, I can get it to overthrow if I try to crank the speed way up, but at stock settings it's usually fine.

The thing I really don't like about it is how finicky it is to empty. IDK why he went with the sliding panel thing. It's so easy to dump powder when you're emptying it.

Reactions: secondofangle2
The thing I really don't like about it is how finicky it is to empty. IDK why he went with the sliding panel thing. It's so easy to dump powder when you're emptying it.
Emptying it is by far the most inconvenient thing. I don't usually spill powder but it's just an awkward operation.

FWIW I got $650 for my slightly used V4 on eBay today, so at least it is still holding its value

I ended up finding a v3 with 409 components here on the hide for 600 and orderd the scale should have both by next week will probably place a order for the ip trickler later or just resell it to get the st

It's certainly not the quietest thing, but the video makes it seem louder than it is lol.

I know the Matchmaster isn't the Alpha Dog as far as these things go... but for a lot of guys, even at full street price, it probably will do everything they need it to do while being bone-head simple. No shims needed, no aftermarket gadgets, a very low drama solution to making dropping powder to the kernel far less annoying. If one really needs the speed of the Supertrickler, I guess they could just run 2 of them lol.
I went one step down from the match Master and got a Chargemaster with the Military Discount. Super excited to use it for the first time.

Reactions: CK1.0
Finally used my RCBS Chargemaster. I gotta say. What used to take 2-3 hours as far as charging my 6.5 Creedmoor, this thing blew my mind and got the job done in less than an hour. I checked the charge weight against my old scale, and Lo and Behold, everything mathcved up. So damned pleased with this RCBS Charge Master.