• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Supercross season. Rmf SH group?

FUNCTIONAL

Dirty Civilian
Minuteman
  • Feb 19, 2012
    Eastern, NC
    Supercross season starts in a few days and was wondering if anyone was up for having a SH group in RM Fantasy?

Not sure if it's against forum rules but maybe we can have a small buy in with payout to the top 3? 3rd 10%, 2nd 30%, 1st 50% and the last 10% to the forums or a charity?

Thoughts? Interest? Either way a free one would be fun also.

Yeah I am pretty pumped for this first race. Coin toss on who makes the podium.

I just renewed my subscription for Peacock so I can watch it from the fish house on Saturday night.

Going to be a good season for sure.

I’d be down for a fantasy league if you put one together.

If Tomac jells with the YZF , There will be some serious racing. I hope its tight with multiple winners !

Reactions: Thorny
    We will know after Saturday who is looking good. Too many choices right now to even guess who the top 5 will be. I am pulling for Tomac, or AC or Aaron Plessinger or Jason Anderson or Malcom Stewart.

Where's the best place to watch?

I haven't watched a race since I gave up the cable TV 10 years ago. Dungey and Villopoto show back then.

Every year on the wide world of sports, Howard Cosell would broadcast the US race from Carlsbad and it was so awesome. Low and behold I got stationed at San Diego, so after awhile I manned up and went to race at Carlsbad. Very cool track, big natural terrain and much much longer than it looked on tv. At the end of the first moto, I couldn’t breath, my legs were on fire, my hands and forearms were shot, and I was simply hanging on and praying for the checkered flag on every lap. My hands were so shot, I couldn’t even pick up my bike (RM 500) to set it on the milk crate. I still had another moto to go. I made it through that race, and was freaking crippled for three days. At that time I was a rompin stompin Navy diver in the best shape of my life and here I was crippled. My wife took pity on me and made sure to punch me on the quad when I walked by, or dropped an elbow into my thigh Hulk Hogan style when she sat down beside me. She is so loving that way. Carlsbad got to be a regular thing on the weekends. I got faster, got better with lots of practice and advice. I never knew what athletes that MX’rs were until then. I have mucho respect for them now.

Every year on the wide world of sports, Howard Cosell would broadcast the US race from Carlsbad and it was so awesome. Low and behold I got stationed at San Diego, so after awhile I manned up and went to race at Carlsbad. Very cool track, big natural terrain and much much longer than it looked on tv. At the end of the first moto, I couldn’t breath, my legs were on fire, my hands and forearms were shot, and I was simply hanging on and praying for the checkered flag on every lap. My hands were so shot, I couldn’t even pick up my bike (RM 500) to set it on the milk crate. I still had another moto to go. I made it through that race, and was freaking crippled for three days. At that time I was a rompin stompin Navy diver in the best shape of my life and here I was crippled. My wife took pity on me and made sure to punch me on the quad when I walked by, or dropped an elbow into my thigh Hulk Hogan style when she sat down beside me. She is so loving that way. Carlsbad got to be a regular thing on the weekends. I got faster, got better with lots of practice and advice. I never knew what athletes that MX’rs were until then. I have mucho respect for them now.

Now break your wrist, and go race again in 4 weeks.

Those guys are insane. Broken legs, arms, backs, necks, etc.

I watched an interview on Dungey retiring. The injuries he listed off were crazy. He pretty much said he had to quit before he killed himself trying to go any faster.

Kevin Windham was awesome to watch. He just couldn't ever seal up the championship because he held back enough to never be really hurt.

heat races and last chance qualifiers were really good. Scratch Colt Nichols off the championship. His crash looked bad.

Anderson really shined. To be that far ahead of Tomac you can do nothing but congratulate the man for pushing so hard. If Roczen wouldn’t have went down it might have been a tight race between 2 and 3 but I don’t think anyone was touching Jason this race.

Agreed. Was a roczen fan before he came to the US but he's definitely lacking somewhere. Not sure if it's his confidence or they haven't gotten the 2022 bike sorted out. He's not exactly known for having the strongest mental game after he gets knocked back a bit so either is possible.

Pretty amazing to see how well Anderson did with the team swap. Curious to see what changes with the east tracks.

Certainly a good year, hard to guess positions!

Reactions: Jaron3
    450's have been great racing , So far this season.
    The 250 west is a boring snooze fest. With the field pretty much wiped out.
    Hope the 250 east top riders stay healthy , so there can be some actual racing for wins.

The whoops were horrible , to many riders got eaten by them !

That's been the theme for most of the races with the whoops. I'd can't recall a year where so many riders were consistently taken out by whoops in either class.

Really looking forward to seeing Craig go up against Jet when they have the E vs W showdowns. He's probably the only 250 rider who can really push him based on what I saw last year.