• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Superpigs

From the article:

"That means 65% or more of a wild pig population could be killed every year and it will still increase, Brook said. Hunting just makes the problem worse, he said. The success rate for hunters is only about 2% to 3% and several states have banned hunting because it makes the pigs more wary and nocturnal — tougher to track down and eradicate."

^^^ Yeah... what a load of crap. Declare a bounty and let hunters go after them without regulating them to death and they'll be gone in months. Right now hunting pigs is permits, seasons, limitations on guns, limitations on methods... blah blah blah.

Here's the solution: Every pig skull or foot or tail or nose or whatever you bring into the bounty station gets you $50. Or 100. Or whatever. Make it worth it. Take off the rules. The problem goes away. Wolves and big cats were hunted to near extinction with bounties. Which was a shame. I like wolves and big cats. But these pigs are nothing but vermin. Put a bounty on their heads.

But anti-hunting pro-pig faggots will wring their hands and whine and say 'guns are bad' and Pig Lives Matter... while the little out-of-control Porkers destroy the place. Whatever. The little Canuckistanian faggots in Ottawa voted for that shit... let them have their murder pigs or Euro-swine or whatever. Maybe Minnesota and North Dakota should launch a 10 billion dollar lawsuit at Canada and make Trudeau pay it. Let's see... Little Justin Bieber... er... Trudeau... would only have to give a billion blowjobs to fund it. He'd enjoy it!

Cheers,

Sirhr

From the article:

"That means 65% or more of a wild pig population could be killed every year and it will still increase,

Here's the solution:
Every pig skull or foot or tail or nose or whatever you bring into the bounty station gets you $50. Or 100.

Cheers,

Sirhr
Sounds like China

In Texas that would break the state. There's a LOT of pigs in Texas. More than in DC.

From the article:

"That means 65% or more of a wild pig population could be killed every year and it will still increase, Brook said. Hunting just makes the problem worse, he said. The success rate for hunters is only about 2% to 3% and several states have banned hunting because it makes the pigs more wary and nocturnal — tougher to track down and eradicate."

^^^ Yeah... what a load of crap. Declare a bounty and let hunters go after them without regulating them to death and they'll be gone in months. Right now hunting pigs is permits, seasons, limitations on guns, limitations on methods... blah blah blah.

Here's the solution: Every pig skull or foot or tail or nose or whatever you bring into the bounty station gets you $50. Or 100. Or whatever. Make it worth it. Take off the rules. The problem goes away. Wolves and big cats were hunted to near extinction with bounties. Which was a shame. I like wolves and big cats. But these pigs are nothing but vermin. Put a bounty on their heads.

But anti-hunting pro-pig faggots will wring their hands and whine and say 'guns are bad' and Pig Lives Matter... while the little out-of-control Porkers destroy the place. Whatever. The little Canuckistanian faggots in Ottawa voted for that shit... let them have their murder pigs or Euro-swine or whatever. Maybe Minnesota and North Dakota should launch a 10 billion dollar lawsuit at Canada and make Trudeau pay it. Let's see... Little Justin Bieber... er... Trudeau... would only have to give a billion blowjobs to fund it. He'd enjoy it!

Cheers,

Sirhr
First off the Russian/domestic cross goes back years and years. It may be new to Canada but not down south.

We don't have many restrictions in TX but land to hunt pigs is the issue. Very little open land and most landowners will not allow just anyone to hunt their property. Livestock gets shot and no one takes ownership. AND hog hunting became a business for farmers/ranchers. They can make money selling hunts, or add time to paid deer leases for hogs, but many people don't want to pay to shoot hogs. I have heard people say you should pay me to come out.

Hogs are smart and it doesn't take much daytime pressure to make them nocturnal. In 12 years of owning my place I have seen hogs in daylight 3 times and only one of those was a sounder. My county has a bounty but it's a PITA to collect, not that I don't shoot everyone I see. For the last 2 years with freezing winters and drought in the summer and a neighbor with more property running dogs, my hogs have all but disappeared. I went almost a year without seeing even one on cameras. I get 1-3 boars come by not but not on any schedule to hunt if you aren't there. And it doesn't take but 1-2 to do a huge amount of damage to pastures or yards. 1-2 can destroy acres of pasture in a single night. Hog ruts 6"-20" deep. It's a bitch to drive over with a tractor!! Several years ago I walked out about midnight to shoot hogs at a feeder. I could see them from the house with binos and kill lights. What I didn't realize was there were 3 big groups in the sounder. As I came off the porch I walked right into one of them. I had a thermal scope but no NVG's on, knew where I was going didn't need them. They start squealing and running I'm trying to get a shot at something. What a cluster. The largest I have killed on my place was 285, several in the 260-270 range. I got a pair running together one night at 255 and 265. Can't seem to find that 300+ pig.

People in the city don't worry about them until they move in and start tearing up their lawns and flower beds, or start chasing them down the street or killing and eating Fi-Fi. Hogs make the news in Houston several times a year.

Texas A&M and probably several other universities are working on a poison to put out but everything so far kills too many other animals and birds. They have even looked at something to sterilize them. Nothing approved to date that I know of.

First off the Russian/domestic cross goes back years and years. It may be new to Canada but not down south.

We don't have many restrictions in TX but land to hunt pigs is the issue. Very little open land and most landowners will not allow just anyone to hunt their property. Livestock gets shot and no one takes ownership. AND hog hunting became a business for farmers/ranchers. They can make money selling hunts, or add time to paid deer leases for hogs, but many people don't want to pay to shoot hogs. I have heard people say you should pay me to come out.

Hogs are smart and it doesn't take much daytime pressure to make them nocturnal. In 12 years of owning my place I have seen hogs in daylight 3 times and only one of those was a sounder. My county has a bounty but it's a PITA to collect, not that I don't shoot everyone I see. For the last 2 years with freezing winters and drought in the summer and a neighbor with more property running dogs, my hogs have all but disappeared. I went almost a year without seeing even one on cameras. I get 1-3 boars come by not but not on any schedule to hunt if you aren't there. And it doesn't take but 1-2 to do a huge amount of damage to pastures or yards. 1-2 can destroy acres of pasture in a single night. Hog ruts 6"-20" deep. It's a bitch to drive over with a tractor!! Several years ago I walked out about midnight to shoot hogs at a feeder. I could see them from the house with binos and kill lights. What I didn't realize was there were 3 big groups in the sounder. As I came off the porch I walked right into one of them. I had a thermal scope but no NVG's on, knew where I was going didn't need them. They start squealing and running I'm trying to get a shot at something. What a cluster. The largest I have killed on my place was 285, several in the 260-270 range. I got a pair running together one night at 255 and 265. Can't seem to find that 300+ pig.

People in the city don't worry about them until they move in and start tearing up their lawns and flower beds, or start chasing them down the street or killing and eating Fi-Fi. Hogs make the news in Houston several times a year.

Texas A&M and probably several other universities are working on a poison to put out but everything so far kills too many other animals and birds. They have even looked at something to sterilize them. Nothing approved to date that I know of.

All good points!

And if landowners want to make money on pigs then they're not invasive or pests... they're a cash crop.

As for running around in Houston... More of that then! Anything will be an improvement on what's already there!

Sirhr

Yeah, can’t kill ‘em fast enough anywhere between here just NE of San Antonio all the way down to the coast.

Hell, thought dealing on them on the property and on a buddy’s 3K-acre ranch was bad enough, now they’re here at our house in semi-suburbia, where it’s a lot harder to control even solitary or small groups (not really enough to call a sounder) of pigs. Pretty much limited to just trapping here.

Well, except for suppressed subsonic .45ACP, 300BLK, and depending on the range, sometimes even .22LR that’s quieter than an air rifle. That one stays by the back door for all manner of critters…. 😝

IMG_5567.jpeg

Reactions: BurtG
Old news really. It has been long-preached that you need to kill 70% of the population annually in order to prevent more growth.

However, they are correct that we end up with a lot of nocturnal activity due to pressure from novice hunters. Go thermal or go home.

Dogs are good for catching the one that turns to fight, and they're good for running the hogs onto the neighbor's place for a couple weeks too.

I'm dealing with our neighbor ass-hat lady that let three guys come in to hunt deer this year on her place. They brought in about 6 feeders between them, and now have more hogs holed up on just 110 acres than any other place in SE Oklahoma that I've seen. Problem for me is that as soon as those hundreds of pounds of corn go away, those hogs will be destroying my hay meadows while the guilty fucks sleep well at night with zero consequences.

I was on her property today (I have permission). This is what it looks like across several acres:
20231122_141758.jpg

She wants me to kill the hogs, but I politely refused with a counter offer to let me lease her place so no other idiots can come onto it. She didn't want to agree, so let her land look like the surface of the moon.

1700708870319.png

Where's the landowner pointing this out and saying "One hog did this in just one night" like he somehow knows how many hogs were there.

I wouldn't lose a minutes sleep over feral hogs rooting up someone's property who wouldn't allow me to set foot on it because it's sacred family land and Private Property! than the Left voting trash from liberal shitholes he's waiting to sell it to to build their wall to wall tract homes.

There's your invasive specie.

Last edited:
Old news really. It has been long-preached that you need to kill 70% of the population annually in order to prevent more growth.

However, they are correct that we end up with a lot of nocturnal activity due to pressure from novice hunters. Go thermal or go home.

Dogs are good for catching the one that turns to fight, and they're good for running the hogs onto the neighbor's place for a couple weeks too.

I'm dealing with our neighbor ass-hat lady that let three guys come in to hunt deer this year on her place. They brought in about 6 feeders between them, and now have more hogs holed up on just 110 acres than any other place in SE Oklahoma that I've seen. Problem for me is that as soon as those hundreds of pounds of corn go away, those hogs will be destroying my hay meadows while the guilty fucks sleep well at night with zero consequences.

I was on her property today (I have permission). This is what it looks like across several acres:
View attachment 8279199

She wants me to kill the hogs, but I politely refused with a counter offer to let me lease her place so no other idiots can come onto it. She didn't want to agree, so let her land look like the surface of the moon.
I walked out my back door one morning and my yard looked like that. The hogs had come up off the river and I guess the lines from my septic field being a bit damp cause more grubbs. They burrowed almost to the drainfield pipes.

Shooting them is not the answer, but damn it's fun. They trap em by the the hundreds on the thousands of acres next to me but it still doesn't seem to make a difference, just saw a dozen shoats on the game camera a couple days ago and a 250# boar tonight. Will just keep whack'n what I can.

Reactions: 91Eunozs
every place i've been that has the "problem hogs" hate hog hunters more than the hogs.

must not be that big of a problem then. so to my mind, fuck em.

yup, i know what a hog can do in short order. and if was my property and i truely hated the fucking things, i'd welcome people in to kill them. but they don't, so that tells you a lot.

I will say that if you cut the backstraps out of these pigs to tenderize and fry you won’t be disappointed. Better than deer backstrap. I keep the backstraps for fryers and grind the rest up for sausage. Even if a man didn’t want to fool with the whole thing, it don’t take but a few minutes to pull those straps.

I will say that if you cut the backstraps out of these pigs to tenderize and fry you won’t be disappointed. Better than deer backstrap. I keep the backstraps for fryers and grind the rest up for sausage. Even if a man didn’t want to fool with the whole thing, it don’t take but a few minutes to pull those straps.
I understand you want to avoid eating the ones that run. Something about lactic acid in the meat that makes it gamey? I haven’t been on a hog hunt.

They were shoot on sight here and several years ago twra started implementing rules. They claimed that it was starting to become a for profit business to hunt hogs and that was reducing the numbers killed. They required you to have written permission from the land owners, the numbers killed and other paperwork needed to be filled out and submitted to the twra by the land owners and every couple years they came up with more rules.
Everyone knows what happens when government gets involved. So it's shoot, shovel and shut up
Edit to add
There's no hunting after dark here. They, TWRA, are paranoid that their precious deer will get poached if they allowed coyote or pig hunting after dark.

Reactions: gigamortis
View attachment 8279235

Where's the landowner pointing this out and saying "One hog did this in just one night" like he somehow knows how many hogs were there.

I wouldn't lose a minutes sleep over feral hogs rooting up someone's property who wouldn't allow me to set foot on it because it's sacred family land and Private Property! than the Left voting trash from liberal shitholes he's waiting to sell it to to build their wall to wall tract homes.

There's your invasive specie.

I agree, but do have permission to be on her land too. Unfortunately for me, her problem will be my problem (again) within a month.

I also have a pretty solid idea of how many hogs they are now holding because the fuckwits that are now hunting it put stands right up near my fence...and of course the pigs have found their way onto my cameras.

She and I used to get along pretty well. I don't think it'll be that way anymore. What really passes me off is that I eradicated all of her hog issues two years ago because those pigs were coming off her and tearing up my hay meadows. Now she invited idiots over who reset this problem.

Have to cry about it to get more subsidies, average farmer pulled in $2.5 million in free government cheese last year.

I promise I got $0.00, but I have a cow/calf operation and only grow the hay that they eat during the winter.

The biggest advantage to my position is to be well away from aptly named forum members who assume I'm sucking on a government tit.

I understand you want to avoid eating the ones that run. Something about lactic acid in the meat that makes it gamey? I haven’t been on a hog hunt.
My rule is if they stink, I won’t eat them. I soak the meat in ice water in a cooler for several days, draining the water off each day and refreshing. If a man does these things he won’t have gamey meat.

Yep wild hogs taste better than deer, especially if you keep them under a 100 lbs

Reactions: BLEE
I agree, but do have permission to be on her land too. Unfortunately for me, her problem will be my problem (again) within a month.

I also have a pretty solid idea of how many hogs they are now holding because the fuckwits that are now hunting it put stands right up near my fence...and of course the pigs have found their way onto my cameras.

She and I used to get along pretty well. I don't think it'll be that way anymore. What really passes me off is that I eradicated all of her hog issues two years ago because those pigs were coming off her and tearing up my hay meadows. Now she invited idiots over who reset this problem.
I was the only hunter, in fact the only human, on a beautufil 700 acre tract on the Pedernales River that borders a low fence 5K acre state park. I was improving the road and clearing mesquite with my backhoe and in the evening was in a different blind shooting hogs.

I knew I better enjoy it while i had it because there would be trash, probably some tradesman plumber or electrician, coming along offering to lease it and usurp me. I even imagined what he would look like. Sure enough, an old jackoff of all trades, part time musician/methhead doing trim work for the landowner, a big-tech company owning Globalist, asked if he could hunt and it was all over then.

He put bow blinds up everywhere, told me not to hunt with my "Big gun" .270, "reminded" me not shoot any big hogs but to save them for he and his son, politic't and complained to the owner about me when I told him to GFHS, brought other people and took over. I quit going out there with the reinforced opinion that hogs suck but people suck worse.

My point is, no feral hog, who's only goal is to eat, reproduce and avoid humans, ever threatened to come to my house and confiscate my property, shoot my dog and put me in a re-education FEMA camp. I have more important things to fret about right now.

Last edited:
I promise I got $0.00, but I have a cow/calf operation and only grow the hay that they eat during the winter.

The biggest advantage to my position is to be well away from aptly named forum members who assume I'm sucking on a government tit.
My FIL farms 2K ac in rice/soy bean, and I guarantee he gets nowhere near that. Not 5% of that.

Probably the Israelis would enjoy some “pink chicken” as well!

Everyone can come together over a good pig pickin!

Sirhr
Haha...my g/f said she saw a middle easterner with his burka wearing wife panhandling on a street corner. I told her to buy them a BBQ pulled pork sammich.

They were shoot on sight here and several years ago twra started implementing rules. They claimed that it was starting to become a for profit business to hunt hogs and that was reducing the numbers killed. They required you to have written permission from the land owners, the numbers killed and other paperwork needed to be filled out and submitted to the twra by the land owners and every couple years they came up with more rules.
Everyone knows what happens when government gets involved. So it's shoot, shovel and shut up
Edit to add
There's no hunting after dark here. They, TWRA, are paranoid that their precious deer will get poached if they allowed coyote or pig hunting after dark.
Texas doesn't have any no night hunting pigs law. The old "No headlights where deer are known to roam" law got stepped on.

The neighboring landowner to the ranch I hunted on was a game warden. He said he'd do mag dumps at night with his AR into feral hog sounds, saying Fuc 'um.

Reactions: DarnYankeeUSMC
Same, 50 yard rule, if I can smell them at 50 yards they don't get a ride in the cooler. "Buzzards gotta eat, same as worms" and coyotes.

View attachment 8279442
I'm pretty sure thats in Texas. In fact, it looks like it was taken from one of my blinds.

Current generation should realize those free ranging hogs are what kept ancestors alive in early Texas. Smoked, salted pork was the survival meat throughout the 1800's, without which people would have starved.

Deer were not that plentiful and the buffalo had been shot out in the latter part of the century.

every place i've been that has the "problem hogs" hate hog hunters more than the hogs.

yup, i know what a hog can do in short order. and if was my property and i truely hated the fucking things, i'd welcome people in to kill them. but they don't, so that tells you a lot.

Or they want to charge people money to hunt them...F that.

I was the only hunter, in fact the only human, on a beautufil 700 acre tract on the Pedernales River that borders a low fence 5K acre state park. I was improving the road and clearing mesquite with my backhoe and in the evening was in a different blind shooting hogs.

I knew I better enjoy it while i had it because there would be trash, probably some tradesman plumber or electrician, coming along offering to lease it and usurp me. I even imagined what he would look like. Sure enough, an old jackoff of all trades, methheadhead/part time musician doing trim work for the landowner, a big-tech company owning Globalist, asked if he could hunt and it was all over then.

He put bow blinds up everywhere, told me not to hunt with my "Big gun" .270, "reminded" me not shoot any big hogs but to save them for he and his son, politic't and complained to the owner about me when I told him to GFHS, brought other people and took over. I quit going out there with the reinforced opinion that hogs suck but people suck worse.

My point is, no feral hog, who's only goal is to eat, reproduce and avoid humans, ever threatened to come to my house and confiscate my property, shoot my dog and put me in a re-education FEMA camp. I have more important things to fret about right now.

We actually have a few things in common. I'm on 700, but am surrounded by other private properties. The nail in my hunting coffin is that each time the land sells its divided up into parcels and put back on the market again.

I shoot hogs on about a dozen properties up here. Most have become friends, all have had me recommended to them.

From the article:

Cheers,

Sirhr

Honestly, if you had a $10 bounty here I'd bet every redneck has thermal and night vision within 6 months all paid for by the bounty.

Rancher offered me $500/coyote. He was writing $3-6k checks every weekend. I turned down the cash, told him I just want to hunt Bighorn Sheep if I ever draw the tag.

He figured out it was cheaper than losing $40-50k in calves every year.

Oh, and the big gray coyotes get tossed out for the birds to eat. Luckily he's outside the hunting season on those and they're fair game predators.

100%.

I've heard so many horror stories about the billions in damage from these hogs, yet somehow we have to regulate the way we kill them to the point of absurdity.

"You can hunt them year round, but only with what's in season". Yea, let me grab my .22LR and walk into the swamp looking for a 300lb wild boar 🙄

As others have said, if the hogs were a real problem they would simply allow hunters to fix it. It would take less than 2 years.

Honestly, if you had a $10 bounty here I'd bet every redneck has thermal and night vision within 6 months all paid for by the bounty.

Rancher offered me $500/coyote. He was writing $3-6k checks every weekend. I turned down the cash, told him I just want to hunt Bighorn Sheep if I ever draw the tag.

He figured out it was cheaper than losing $40-50k in calves every year.

Oh, and the big gray coyotes get tossed out for the birds to eat. Luckily he's outside the hunting season on those and they're fair game predators.

500 per yote? Yeeesh, I'd make that a full time job

It’s not like it would be the first bounty animal either. Snakes in Florida, fish in the PNW, coyotes, wolves, nutria all have bounties.