• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes supersniper vs falcon optics

Dantrom

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 30, 2009
northwest ohio
I've narrowed it down to two scopes. the ss 10x and the menace 4-14. I dont now anyone with either of these scopes. all of my input comes from online reviews and your guys opinions from what i read here. so without a way to see for myself. which way do i go? going on a rem 700 308. I really only want opinions from those who have delt with both. sorry if this topic has been addressed already. kinda new here.
thanks all

Re: supersniper vs falcon optics

I have no experience with the SS, but I do have a Menace.
The falcon is a good buy for the money, but is rather unforgiving in the eye relief department.
It depends on your ultimate use for the rifle.
If it is a range gun only, the SS is fine, or if your shots will be a some distance. If it is a hunting rifle or possible tactical competitions, the variable power would be more flexible.

I have the Falcon Menace 4-14 FFP. I've had no issues with mine but there have been reports of turret issues from others. Also the Co. I bought mine from no longer carries Falcon. Not sure if that means anything or not. If SS carries a variable power in FFP in the same price range I would consider it over the Falcon.

sorry i never mentioned the purpose. main uses will be varmint hunting.but have always considered and would love to try some competition shooting.

I have heard nothing but good about the SS .And have had a chance to handle the 10x It was was very clear and I could see very close(less than 10 yards) which inpressed me(can't do that with my 3x9 leupold set at 9x) what I want to know is when shooting a 300 rum at 350 + would I be better off with the 16x or even the 20x the only thing that stops me is the 10x is the only one with side focus SS makes OR should I just ask if the 10 x is enough out to 1000 yds (with a 20 moa base)This is being set up for Long range only as my FNAR is my new love for medium range(300 yd or less)
Thanks Scot

Get the new ss HD. The glass will knock the socks off the falcon and have bettere clarity despite only being 10x rather thann 14x

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gunsmithcat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Get the new ss HD. The glass will knock the socks off the falcon and have bettere clarity despite only being 10x rather thann 14x </div></div>

Since the OP has apparently narrowed his choice down to 2 scopes in 400 dollar range, I would assume that he is on a budget.
If he (or she) was looking in the 700 dollar price bracket, I'm sure the falcon would not be in the mix.
While I have heard nothing but good things about the SS 10x HD, that price range would open up a whole realm of possibilities, including the Bushnell 4200 tactical models, the Vortex Viper tactical models, the Weaver tactical and others.
I fail to see how recommending a scope that costs 300 dollars more will help him in his quest.
FWIW, if you decide on the SS, get the rear focus model and save a hundred bucks, that will go well towards your base and rings.

I have shot both the 10X and 16X SS out 800+ yards... both did fine. The 10X is much easier to handle in closer with heavy recoil. I've since moved to MK4 Leupolds but the Super Snipers served me well.

Just placed an order for a SS 10x42 non HD. Really looking forward to getting it soon. Had a chance to play with one in 16x, felt it was too much magnification. Also like the fact that it can be fixed if something happens to it.

I have had the chance to compare several Falcon menace scopes in different options, and also side by side with SS 10x and 16x. I have a Falcon Menace 10x42 on a 700P in 300 WM, and have had no trouble out to 800 yards. I wish I would have bought a variable power scope but hind site is 20/20. I do agree that the eye relief on the Falcon is a little less forgiving but I still prefer it over the SS. That said, I wouldn't hesitate to use or purshase a SS. I hope that doesn't muddy up the already cloudy water of...whats the right inexpensive scope for me. SORRY

David

woops sorry, was reading from a mobile, didn't realize u were talking about the plain 10x.
ive heard great things about them also, but no personal experience there.

eye relief is a big deal to me. i have a weaver t sereies mounted on my model 70 that everyone but me sees to like. ive heard it all cheek weld, proper eye relief doesnt seem to matter. i think its one of those things i just dont want to mess with it anymore, and do not want to get back into with another scope.

I have 3 ss 10 16 20 & a menace I wish I could sell all of them not they are bad but I have eye relief problems and trying to solve them but for the money I think both are good leanimg to the ss never seen what was so good about the falcon

thanks guys from what i have read here and on the net about falcon i think i am going to go with a super sniper. i hate finicky eye relief issues and sounds like there have been some clairity problems around the outer lens and some cross hair issues when the elevation is maxed. they may be good for some and not for others. i just think i am going to go with what appears to have the least amout of complaints. and need-be maybe eventually upgrade to something a little better.
thanx all for your input.

I just got two falcon menace 5.5x25.50 today and I think that they are great. I think the eye relief is not bad, mount a cheek peice on your rifle if you have trouble with it, thats what I did.The relief gets a little less forgiving at 25x, but the glass is clear all the way through the magnification, maybe very slightly cloudy at 25x.I like variable magnification so my choice would be with the FM. Take in mind I have never looked through a $2000 scope either. Just my .02.

I've had both the SS 10x HD and Falcon Menace 4-14 FFP.

I think the SS is robust and I like it's compact size/weight.

The glass on the SS did not blow away the glass in my Falcon Menace. I'd say it had a small advantage but it took a lot of hard looking for me to see it.

For the money, I'd say they are both good buys.

The Falcon Menace still kind of amazes me what you get for the price. I use it on my budget trainer and it is quite functional IMO.