• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Supplements for Strength - what are you using???

rkgsmith

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 7, 2005
maryland
Want to hear what supplements guys are using for strength. Over the counter GNC stuff. Not looking for roids. Just looking for something that would help with strength gains, not looking to bulk up. Just seems like father time is catching up and my strength is falling off some. Can't count on the ads in magazines, they all say you get way more than you pay for.

Jak3d no explode followed with cell mass. There are lots of products out there. Some work for some people and not others. The two I listed worked wonders for me. You could always do the old school trick and just use amino acids.

I'd get the Dr. to give you a testosterone booster and get him to give you some B12 shots. You'll be feeling like you were in your 20's again ha.

Fish oil, Multi vitamin, protein powder, food. Everything else is a waste of money in my experience. Without proper training and diet any supplements you would take aren't going to do anything.

I am not trying to add weight. I am going for losing fat and getting into better shape. I am a crossfitter and I use Gold Standard Whey. It has worked well for me and I have achieved the results I was looking for.

For energy, as a pre-workout I use Nutrex Hemo-Rage Black Ultra-Concentrate. Sounds ridiculous, but works well.

For muscle building/strength I use either MP Combat Powder or Intek Evolution protein shakes. Great sources of protein, BCAAs, and relatively low-calorie compared to how much protein you get per serving.

For recovery/muscle building I take Animal Pack multi-vitamins. They help with muscle soreness a good bit, but where they really shine for me is joint pain. I can tell a distinct difference when I am on it vs. off.

Just plain old Creatine Monohydrate works excellent, and it's cheap. That and some decent quality protein should get you on the right track.

GNC AMP protein actually is a decent protein if you aren't looking at having the extra calories added in. It has a higher protein content than a lot of others and tastes good in chocolate.

Eat Food. Make sure you're getting at least .8 - 1.0 grams of protein per pound of lean mass. The only supplement I recommend is Whey. I like ON Gold Standard because I just can't seem to eat enough as often as I should. If you want to use creatine do it in the winter because it bloats you big time.

I'd get the Dr. to give you a testosterone booster and get him to give you some B12 shots. You'll be feeling like you were in your 20's again ha.

I'll second that.
I shoot just 0.3cc a week, and it changed everything.
I actually have better muscle mass than when I was in my teens.

Good diet - VitaMixing daily and usually consume (among a lot of other things) 2#s + of broccoli and Brussle sprouts / week

Just started:
DAA
Stinging Nettles / may switch to DIM / or combo
Vitamin D3
Zinc

Also good multi vitamin, fish oil, iron, and a low dose aspirin tab

Protein - ON Hydrobuilder post work out
Casein - at night or between meals
Pre-workout drink - either C4 or HD pump
Fish oil and a multivitamin

And eat clean and rest......

Simple simple simple

Tapatalk2

On the rare occasion I don't get enough protein from whole food sources, I use Trutein. Macro for macro it's my favorite protein supplement. If I'm training fasted, I'll put some BCAA's in my water bottle.

I eat well and supplement protein intake with Nature's Best Isopure. It's got some of the BCAA's in it and my stomach handles it well. I often add a little glutamine to it as well.