• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos Suppressed 09 White Tail

Re: Suppressed 09 White Tail

NICE...., gotta get your camera man a tripod or something. i like the whole concept, should do a compilation and sell it.

been trying for the same type of shot here in PA., unfortunately most of the wide open spaces we have are being lapped like a nascar by lazy bastards in their vehicles and you can't set up a shot like that often as they spook 'em out of the field.

i like the post about how sporting was tha last steak you ate at tha restaurant

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: garandman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't hunt (nothing against it, I hate deer and am glad to see every one dead)

But a question - how do you defend hunting with a suppressor as a sporting method of hunting?

When I shoot long range (which on the east coast is 200 yards) I'm regularly getting at 0.75 MoA groups. SO hunting with a scope seems to be not that much of a challenge.(a long range shot at an east coast deer is 50 yards. heavy underbrush growth makes longer than that fairly rare in my area.)

To add a suppressor seems unsporting (if using subsonic ammo)

Might as well use a machine gun.

No offense meant, and I'm not gonna argue the point - I'm just curious to hear anyone defend the sporting nature of using a suprpessor while hunting (and I am NOT saying the state has the right to outlaw them for hunting)

</div></div>

Why does it have to be sporting? How sporting was it for the cow from the last hamburger you had?

I can understand the position of using a suppresor as not being very sporting if some fool went out and decimated a hurd of deer for no other reason than slaughter. But to save ones hearing alone is worth it. To potentially not destroy some other guys hunt if say on public land sure. Between the camo the blinds the bait the scents the scent blockers you can always make the argument that its becoming easier or lazier. Were not all ted nugent who will blind side a boar jumping out of a tree with just his knife. But I'm with an earlier post, the guys who pay thousands to sit in plush cabins and shoot out a window at a deer that has been almost hand fed and walked on a leash is just wrong. That's not sport, might as well go the the local butcher and pick up dinner.