• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Suppressed 20mmAnzio

Joe G

Private
Minuteman
Feb 26, 2007
Charleston, WV
I got to shoot this today. Anzio 20mm. Made a video shooting subsonic rounds in it. Will post if I can figure out how to.
With the suppressor, the guns is just over 8 ft long and weighs 135lbs.
20mm008.jpg

20mm009.jpg

20mm014.jpg

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

20mm017.jpg

A pic to compare the pills to my cap.
20mm007.jpg

I made a "very quiet" video shooting some subsonic rounds. I gotta figure out how to post it.

20mm004.jpg

Re: Suppressed 20mmAnzio

Man I would love to squeeze a few rounds off that cannon. I wouldn't want to buy the ammo, but I'd love to shoot that thing!

I saw that Beast down at KnobCreek 2 Aprils ago.. it is such a monster.. in the Gunshow tent, it had to have 2 tables on end by itself.. I remember thinking it made everything else seem small.

That thing kicks Ass.

You can upload the video to photobucket and it will give you a link to post just like it was a picture.

Haha, like how you say "very quiet" video.
cool.gif
Hell of a muzzle brake there. What, red dot all the way?

What kind of groups do you get at 100 yards?

Just kidding, that rifle is awesome!

He has a NF ordered. The eotech does fine for rocks and 14"x14" steel at 135 yds.
20mm013.jpg

look at his sight though. heh once he gets a NF ...HOPEFULLY he'll stretch it out!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">135 yards!?!?!

What a waste! </div></div>

now that is what i call cheap ammo!

That is just <span style="font-weight: bold">*SICK*!!!!!</span>
shocked.gif

Now you just need a mount for it in your Jeep!!! I saw one on Gunbroker about a month back, I couldn't believe it when I saw the title. Then I saw the thread title here and couldn't believe it!

HOLY crap is all I can say! Makes the .50BMG look like a youth model 20ga!!! YOWZER!!

-G45

I would like to see that thing take out an engine block... Wanna bet how many pieces it would destruct in? Sweet novelty rifle though..

With some API that thing would be a beast wouldn't it? Its the same round used in the Vulcan cannon in most modern US fighters, usually at a rate of 100 rounds per second though
shocked.gif

Amazing to see it in a shoulder fired rifle...of course in a month or two someone will have a rifle based in the 30mm GAU8 round the A-10 uses. Dont want to be anywhere near that muzzle break!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: M855</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just found my pdog rifle! </div></div>

No kidding. Diving in a hole wont help them now.

I think Trijicon is currently working on the 20mm BDC reticle for summer release of their new ACOGs.

Interesting for sure, would love to lay eyes on the rest of the safe

<span style="text-decoration: line-through">Am I mistaken or did I read they got around the DD problem by somehow making it "percussion cap" fired. I very well could be way off base though.</span>

I stand corrected, the Class III fine print was partially obscured by one of the pictures.

In that case, why did they go with percussion primed?

I'm curious what the process to reload this is.

Smith and Edwards, here in Utah has a ton of pulled 20mm bullets in a huge bin, along with tons of brass. I think the bullets are a buck a pop. (blue painted/covered ones)

Curious question we have one of those in our town how is it fired? All current Vulcan ammo is electronic. The guy that has one has not brought it out to shoot. Are they regular primers or is the electronic firing mechanism in the primer? I have not seen reloading components for them. I have 2 practice and one AP and when they were given to me for display I was told DON'T get a lot of static or electricity around them. Just curious.

Thanks

The electric primer is replaced with a 20/30MM percussion primer or a .50 primer w/bushing.

You know you have a serious piece of artillery when your buddy calls in a fire misson to you.
wink.gif

One of my local gun stores has one in stock, I got to check it out saturday and its a flippin beast!

15$ per shell and there was a guy on gunbroker selling 20 rd boxes for 400$ i think or so .also they nake a 50-20mm anzio without all the paperwork but similar size rifle .

Wow,
I didn't think this was real at first. Definitely post of video of the subs firing. Also of the destruction left behind.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 416barrett</div><div class="ubbcode-body">15$ per shell and there was a guy on gunbroker selling 20 rd boxes for 400$ i think or so .also they nake a 50-20mm anzio without all the paperwork but similar size rifle . </div></div>

My buddy ordered the 20/50 when he ordered the gun, but that barrel isnt finished yet. I'll post when it is done.

I burned the video to a CD, but havent figured the rest out yet.
The only time I ever made a youtube video was a couple years ago when I made the suppressed McMillan Tac 50 video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhihXFZq0e0&playnext=1&list=PL5CFC9B72799EE662
Can't seem to remember how to get it done now.

Edit: Just watched the 50 cal vid and it was March 26, 2009 when I posted it.