• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Suppressed 9mm Glock...what sights?

Re: Suppressed 9mm Glock...what sights?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wolvenhaven</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just get an Osprey suppressor and use your standard sights. </div></div>

+1

So you take your stock Glock sights and thread on a Osprey and you get...bupkiss. The sights are exactly on the top edge of the can, just like any other modern suppressor on a Glock, etc.. The Osprey works better than many on the 1911, but on the Glock it is the the same. Buy whatever can you like as there is zero sight clearance advantage.

Now, if you can't sight through the can, and you would be surprised how fast you can learn that skill, your best choice is as mentioned above, the Ameriglo. Just know that you cannot get their suppressor sight to mount with the typical rear sight tool as they are too tall. Beg, borrow or buy one of the larger tools or carefully tap out and tap in going RIGHT from the rear. You are going to end up with a magnificent sight picture, perfect for even an Osprey.

done.jpg

NEW-ONE-ALMOST.jpg

Glock sights on the Osprey....just under can top

qw34.jpg

Original Glock sights on a modern can....just like the Osprey.

JUPITERS-EYE-DESKTOP.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RollingThunder51</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So you take your stock Glock sights and thread on a Osprey and you get...bupkiss. The sights are exactly on the top edge of the can, just like any other modern suppressor on a Glock, etc.. The Osprey works better than many on the 1911, but on the Glock it is the the same. Buy whatever can you like as there is zero sight clearance advantage.

Now, if you can't sight through the can, and you would be surprised how fast you can learn that skill

</div></div>

I'm guessing that's done with both eyes open, a little like Trijicon's old Occluded Eye Gunsight?

I'm running a Gemtech multimount so it's through the can, or taller sights, for me. I'll look at the Ameriglows. Thanks.

Meprolight makes high sights. They work great with my Evo. Cost around $140

+1 on osprey