• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressed FAL

Quiet6.8

Private
Minuteman
May 20, 2017
UT
My FFL has a factory DSA FAL SBR 11.5” barrel on the wall that I’ve been fondling for the past year or so. I have into the funds to purchase it, I was wondering how the FAL suppresses. Any insight? Modifications needed to run reliably?

No experience w/ function but check the muzzle threads. FALs were typically threaded 9/16x24 left hand. Early DSA barrels were also but later ones went to more standard threads like 5/8x24 right hand.

Bastard

Always wanted that shorty dsa...looks as tall as it is long....evil

NY sucks

How’s it shooting 308 that short of a barrel.

Post a pic if you have a chance

Love the shorty FAL. Need to get the hider removed, barrel is 13.5”, but it pains me to send it back to DSA. It’ll have to happen soon as I just ordered another can and flash hider. Gas system is fully adjustable, and my understanding is there isn’t a problem suppressing them.
8AA76727-C632-409A-BE6C-4E6801DDD66A.jpeg

Love the shorty FAL. Need to get the hider removed, barrel is 13.5”, but it pains me to send it back to DSA. It’ll have to happen soon as I just ordered another can and flash hider. Gas system is fully adjustable, and my understanding is there isn’t a problem suppressing them.
View attachment 7521146

That looks like a SCAR with extra steps.

Real talk- Nice setup. Be sure to post a video of the muzzle flash when you chop the barrel!

Gonna need to modify the gas plug if you plan on suppressing. Either mod a surplus one or buy the Dsa modified plug. Super easy to swap the plug when you plan to suppress or leave it if you never plan to shoot without the can.

View attachment 7521146
I know on the Scar those ACR buttstocks can mess up the firearm. Not sure what they do to the FAL but would look into it. Looks badass though.

I know on the Scar those ACR buttstocks can mess up the firearm. Not sure what they do to the FAL but would look into it. Looks badass though.
FAL runs great with that stock. Also curious how they mess up a SCAR???

FAL runs great with that stock. Also curious how they mess up a SCAR???
I have just heard rumors that by replacing the polymer backplate can cause metal on metal contact from the bolt and with how hard the scar’s bolt runs and can cause problems. FN claims they engineered the scar that way intentionally to have that end plate be polymer. I have never used one of the kdg stocks on mine so I can’t speak personally to the issues. For me I didn’t want to take any risks on a 4K rifle.

Gonna need to modify the gas plug if you plan on suppressing. Either mod a surplus one or buy the Dsa modified plug. Super easy to swap the plug when you plan to suppress or leave it if you never plan to shoot without the can.

What he said. You can either weld up and redrill the factory plug or buy the DSA plug. No matter what the FAL will still be loud. I hardly ever shoot mine.

I have just heard rumors that by replacing the polymer backplate can cause metal on metal contact from the bolt and with how hard the scar’s bolt runs and can cause problems. FN claims they engineered the scar that way intentionally to have that end plate be polymer. I have never used one of the kdg stocks on mine so I can’t speak personally to the issues. For me I didn’t want to take any risks on a 4K rifle.
Wrong. There is already a buffer on the carrier spring and if anything, a metal plate will take longer to fail than a polymer one due to the material properties of both.

They engineered it with polymer to get to the weight requirements. Same with the Lower and just about everything else on it.

Wrong. There is already a buffer on the carrier spring and if anything, a metal plate will take longer to fail than a polymer one due to the material properties of both.

They engineered it with polymer to get to the weight requirements. Same with the Lower and just about everything else on it.
FN claims the polymer helps absorb the recoil impulse and by replacing the polymer with metal increases wear on the gun and can bend the screws especially when suppressed because scars are over gassed. Metal smacking metal puts more stress on the weapon

They are still loud. No where near hearing safe, but they won’t clean your rafters. I use the factory suppressor plug.

01F737C5-98DC-495F-BEEA-4CE406408268.jpeg

Reactions: teddyw19