• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Suppressed rifle optics

woogie_man

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 22, 2010
Fargo, ND
Well now that I am getting closer to the end of my wait, I am starting to look more at different scope options. I currently have an Izmash CM-2 that I have shot out to 300 yards very easily, and she is going to be wearing a Sparrow here very soon. I don't plan on ever shooting without the suppressor so figured I would need a new scope to make the suppressed shots count.

I am not sure on what to get, and have spent hours reading though everything I can find and get my hands on. But I can't find anything that comes to my liking, or in my price range....

So that is why I am coming to you guys here at the hide.... figured you would be the group of guys that would give the no BS answer the first time!

What scopes do you guys run on you suppressed rifles? And how far out do you shoot them at game? I am thinking at max 200 yards and was hoping to have a fixed power scope. So was curious as to what everyone on here was sporting.

Yes I know buy once cry once... but my wife would cut my boys off if I did buy the US optic scope that I want. So need to keep it a little bit within range for her to "understand" .... so maybe $300 max.

Re: Suppressed rifle optics

A fixed power Super Sniper is what a lot of guys here recommend for shooting the .22 at any kind of distance.

What would you guys suggest for a fixed power scope? Am thinking that 10x would be the absolute max power and was thinking around a 6x would be ideal.

In the olden days, conventional wisdom suggested that for a fixed power hunting scope, 4x was ideal for centerfire, 6x for .22s. Seems to me that is still pretty much on the mark.

I've shot both quality fixed power and variable. Far prefer the variable power for both close range and spotting hits @ long range. The Weaver mentioned above is an excellent scope. A little more top end magnification is nice, but not a deal breaker.

I have a M4 replica on the rifle now and it works great, but I want to get into the ranging side of things as well as learning how to work the scope.

I have been doing a ton of reading and learning, and am wanting to start of with something easy to start with. That way when I am out either target shooting, or hunting, I will be able to quickly make the changes to the scope and make the shot. I am going to start saving up for a top end scope ( when I get my last enlistment bonus ) but until then figured something "in between" will work for the time being.

I do like the scope that was suggested as well. So thanks for the advice and heads up.

I use a Tasco Varmint 6-24X on a supressed TRR-SR. We shoot it at 330 yards around 14X. Scope does just fine at that distance and cost under $100. It's actually as clear as some of my high dollar scopes up to 18X.

DSCF1126.JPG