• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Suppressing a 6.5 Grendel

Dryan910

Private
Minuteman
Aug 18, 2019
Looking at doing a JP build in 6.5 Grendel. Does anybody in here have any experience in suppressing this round? Currently have a Nomad-30 in jail that I bought for my Barrett REC10. Thinking of maybe adding a Nomad-L or 6.5 TBAC Ultra 7 or 9. Thoughts are appreciated

I've had a Larue Tranquilo and SF 762SOCOM-Mini on mine, 6.5G suppresses really well IMHO. Nice low tone with not a lot of bang out of a 18" barrel.

Reactions: Dryan910
I have a sandman s on my 12.5” Grendel. It’s an awesome round, it’s not the quietest but it’s not bad. One of my favorite guns

I have a sandman s on my 12.5” Grendel. It’s an awesome round, it’s not the quietest but it’s not bad. One of my favorite guns

Think I’m going to go with the 18” for mine. Ready to get it started.

My aac 30 cal worked but my upper was over gassed allready on my 20 inch 6.5g.

Have a h2 and new spring to test today but figure an agb will be required to go suppressed.

A salesman once told me to just buy a 30 cal instead of the 223 can.
I should have listened. I have used my 30 on 223 and it is fine just a slight improvement with the 223 dedicated can.

Whats another 1200$ anyway. Lol

I run an Ultra5 .30cal on my 11” 6.5G. It tames the bark and is incredibly lightweight and handy. What specifically are the specs and purpose of your build? That will make a difference in recommendation. FWIW I run my .338 Ultra on my 6.5G at the range if I want max sound reduction. It’s my go-to hunting rig, so the 5” serves a purpose.

I run an Ultra5 .30cal on my 11” 6.5G. It tames the bark and is incredibly lightweight and handy. What specifically are the specs and purpose of your build? That will make a difference in recommendation. FWIW I run my .338 Ultra on my 6.5G at the range if I want max sound reduction. It’s my go-to hunting rig, so the 5” serves a purpose.

Here’s what I’m looking at so far:
- JP-15 18” 6.5G
- Variable Mass bolt carrier
- adjustable gas block
- Silent capture spring (h2 equivalent)

Will mostly be used for a hunting hogs and deer in SC.

Reactions: Darqusoull13
I've used a thunder chicken on my 22" JP 6.5 Grendel. Brass is dirtier than unsuppressed, but no function issues- even though I haven't adjusted the gas.

Here’s what I’m looking at so far:
- JP-15 18” 6.5G
- Variable Mass bolt carrier
- adjustable gas block
- Silent capture spring (h2 equivalent)

Will mostly be used for a hunting hogs and deer in SC.

That's going to be a solid setup for a suppressed rifle. If you have a Nomad in jail why not use that until you get another can? You can get the Key-Mo back end and just run it as a QD can.

If you're itching for another can you can always follow @TBACRAY 's advice and pick up the Dominus. I've heard (heh) it's a much lower back pressure design but we couldn't get one out to demo in time for Best in Texas :cry: . I'd stick with a low back pressure can for a gas gun in general in case you want to run it unsuppressed for any reason without tweaking things. With the VMOS carrier and H2 SCS you should have no problems running it +/- can and with the adjustable gas block you should be able to tune a soft setup.

Yeah April. I think on a gas gun a 30 cal can will serve you better. You will get less out of the ejection port.

Ray, I get the concept, but having used a 6.5 Ultra7 on multiple 6.5G AR’s and a 260 AR for years with no more problems than using a 5.56 can on 5.56, or a .30 can on .308, I don’t get why this is a concern.

That's going to be a solid setup for a suppressed rifle. If you have a Nomad in jail why not use that until you get another can? You can get the Key-Mo back end and just run it as a QD can.

That’s the plan for now, which is why I was adding the Nomad-l to the equation for the second suppressor. Definitely want to end up with a can for each rifle. Makes it a lot more fun when friends and family want to come hunt.

Looking at doing a JP build in 6.5 Grendel. Does anybody in here have any experience in suppressing this round? Currently have a Nomad-30 in jail that I bought for my Barrett REC10. Thinking of maybe adding a Nomad-L or 6.5 TBAC Ultra 7 or 9. Thoughts are appreciated
I suppress my 6.5 Grendel with a SC Chimera-300 mounted to an ASR brake to move my suppressor around at-will. Super happy with that combination.

I have a Q trash panda I run on my LaRue 6.5G .. runs and shoots great with it on no need for a adjustable gas block or spring change.. a gas buster charging handle if you want. But I run those on all my ARs.

So light I barely notice it on the end of my gun.. i want to use it on every gun.. I am thinking of getting a second one just so I dont have to move them around as much lol

With gas guns the more you trap at the muzzle the more you get out the ejection port so a 6.5 v 30 Ultra with all things being the same the 30 should sound better at shooters ear.

Just got my Recce 7 out of Jail last week and have it on my 18” Grendel... what a pleasure to shoot for a day. Head, ears and shoulder really enjoyed it as well...

Reactions: Snuby642
Just wanted to bring this thread full circle. Finally got the Dominus put on the JP Grendel this afternoon in between meetings. Gun and can are both awesome. I really like the Area 419 hellfire system too.

Attachments

• 2C20A7AE-763F-4F3E-BDAB-8BC0AC18BBCB.png
    2C20A7AE-763F-4F3E-BDAB-8BC0AC18BBCB.png
    3.5 MB · Views: 200
Reactions: HTX_17
I run an OSS HX-QD 7.62 on my 12.5" Grendel. Quiet enough for pigs to come back. Butts up nicely with a SLR hand guard.

I run a Nomad30 on my 18" Grendel AR15 and have had great results. I bought the Dead Air Muzzle Brake and run the can over that. Its my go to varmint rifle.

I use an Omega direct thread on my 6.5 Grendels. 18 inch, 16 inch and 11.5 inch. Works great.