• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Suppressing a SOCOM.......

Nostradumbass

Falconer
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Sep 7, 2009
    NE Texas
    I'm trying to run a can on my socom II. I've got a 30cal can that's threaded 5/8-24. Smith's Interprises is now making a replacement front sight block,gas lock assembly thats 5/8-24 specifically for the socom so a man can use their vortex flash hider. He said that I could thread a can here, but the suppressor will hit the gas plug before it shoulders up tight. If someone is running a can on a socom, please let me know how you're doing it.
    Any info will be appreciated.
    Thanks!!

Re: Suppressing a SOCOM.......

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tucsondave</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Check www.deltapdesign.com for their adapter </div></div>

Wont work on a socom. But if you get the Smith Ent. socom gas plug and there socom gas lock then it will clear the gas plug AND run better suppressed.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nostradumbass</div><div class="ubbcode-body">IIf someone is running a can on a socom, please let me know how you're doing it.
    Any info will be appreciated.
    Thanks!! </div></div>

I use the SEI/Fisher M14DC sound suppressor that fits the DC Vortex.
    The SOCOM is pictured on the left. Note the stubby SOCOM gas plug.

With can attached:

Talked to the owner of DeltaPDesign this weekend and ordered the kit for my socom will let you know how it works.
    4388.jpg

P.S. I tried the smith ent. with a AAC 51 tooth muzzle break and it did not work . it would not feed with out the suppressor.
    Picture20057.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wildbill9ball</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...AAC 51 tooth muzzle break and it did not work . it would not feed with out the suppressor. </div></div>

Interesting, what's wrong with the AAC 51?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: H2O MAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wildbill9ball</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...AAC 51 tooth muzzle break and it did not work . it would not feed with out the suppressor. </div></div>

Interesting, what's wrong with the AAC 51? </div></div>
    The Smith Enterprises kit forces you to use a shorter gas plug which changes your gas system dimensions. That system now needs the added back pressure of the suppressor to operate the firearm. With the Delta P kit, the gas system stays the same and the barrel is actually lengthened a little bit adding to the volume of gas. This in turn actually makes the gas system work better either suppressed or unsupressed.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 762frmafr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: H2O MAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wildbill9ball</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...AAC 51 tooth muzzle break and it did not work . it would not feed with out the suppressor. </div></div>

The Smith Enterprises kit forces you to use a shorter gas plug which changes your gas system dimensions. That system now needs the added back pressure of the suppressor to operate the firearm. With the Delta P kit, the gas system stays the same and the barrel is actually lengthened a little bit adding to the volume of gas. This in turn actually makes the gas system work better either suppressed or unsupressed. </div></div>

On the other hand.

The SEI gas plug adds gas volume and the GLFS lengthens the barrel a bit making the short barreled system run better.
    I've not experienced any operational problems with my SOCOM plug equipped M14s with or without the M14DC installed.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: H2O MAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 762frmafr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: H2O MAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wildbill9ball</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...AAC 51 tooth muzzle break and it did not work . it would not feed with out the suppressor. </div></div>

The Smith Enterprises kit forces you to use a shorter gas plug which changes your gas system dimensions. That system now needs the added back pressure of the suppressor to operate the firearm. With the Delta P kit, the gas system stays the same and the barrel is actually lengthened a little bit adding to the volume of gas. This in turn actually makes the gas system work better either suppressed or unsupressed. </div></div>

On the other hand.

The SEI gas plug adds gas volume and the GLFS lengthens the barrel a bit making the short barreled system run better.
    I've not experienced any operational problems with my SOCOM plug equipped M14s with or without the M14DC installed.</div></div>
    you used the flash hider that came with it and that adds volume and length and that is why it works and i tried the smith ent gas plug.

...as this threads onto Springfield's SOCOM threads, any concern over baffle strikes as ADCO considers very few manufacturers as doing it right (concentric to the bore).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: patronus susceptor</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...as this threads onto Springfield's SOCOM threads, any concern over baffle strikes as ADCO considers very few manufacturers as doing it right (concentric to the bore). </div></div>
    i used the Delta P Designs adapters and a Brevis suppressor this weekend with no baffle strikes whatsoever.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 762frmafr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

The Smith Enterprises kit forces you to use a shorter gas plug which changes your gas system dimensions. </div></div>

The SEI SOCOM gas plugs restores the correct gas volume missing with the Springfield Armory set-up and the SEI kit operates just fine with and without a suppressor.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: H2O MAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 762frmafr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

The Smith Enterprises kit forces you to use a shorter gas plug which changes your gas system dimensions. </div></div>

The SEI SOCOM gas plugs restores the correct gas volume missing with the Springfield Armory set-up and the SEI kit operates just fine with and without a suppressor. </div></div>
    Do you have video to back that statement up?

The Proof Is In The Pudding, Put Up Or Shut Up H2OMAN

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fi_FgSE00Lc"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fi_FgSE00Lc" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 762frmafr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
    The Smith Enterprises kit forces you to use a shorter gas plug which changes your gas system dimensions.

<span style="text-decoration: underline">That system now needs the added back pressure of the suppressor to operate the firearm.</span> </div></div>

Are you saying the 16 will not operate with the SEI SOCOM kit installed <span style="text-decoration: underline">unless</span> a sound suppressor is installed?
    I have never experienced or read about this phenomenon, do you have any proof to back up this claim?

All of the SOCOM I have ever fired operated just fine with the factory kit and SEI kit. It has been my personal
    experience that the SEI kit equipped SOCOM operates equally well with or without the suppressor installed.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: H2O MAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> It has been my personal
    experience that the SEI kit equipped SOCOM operates equally well with or without the suppressor installed.
    </div></div>

If that is the case then lets see the video proof.

I am working on a video, but lets get back to your earlier statement.

Are you saying the 16 will not operate with the SEI SOCOM kit installed unless a sound suppressor is installed?

I have never experienced or read about this phenomenon, do you have any proof to back up this claim?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: H2O MAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am working on a video, but lets get back to your earlier statement.

Are you saying the 16 will not operate with the SEI SOCOM kit installed unless a sound suppressor is installed?

<span style="color: #FF0000">
    I have never experienced or read about this phenomenon, do you have any proof to back up this claim?</span></div></div>
    That's very interesting because wildbill9ball above had the exact problem I am describing. So now that I have someone to back up my claims plus video I think it is time you stop flapping your gums and come up with some hard proof. Either that or leave and never come back. It is my contention that you only own this one suppressor; and Smith Enterprises probably gave it to you so that you could be their blowhard mouthpiece on the internet.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wildbill9ball</div><div class="ubbcode-body">P.S. I tried the smith ent. with a AAC 51 tooth muzzle break and it did not work . it would not feed with out the suppressor.
    </div></div>

You have not backed up your initial claim.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 762frmafr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It is my contention that you only own this one suppressor; and <span style="text-decoration: underline">Smith Enterprises probably gave it to you so that you could be their blowhard mouthpiece on the internet. </span>

</div></div>

Do you have anything to substantiate your accusation or are you full of shit?

It is my contention that you probably launch these baseless attacks and fabricate stories for your own benefit.

Post your proof or leave this forum forever.

The Smith Enterprises kit forces you to use a shorter gas plug which changes your gas system dimensions. <span style="font-weight: bold">That system now needs the added back pressure of the suppressor to operate the firearm.</span> </div></div>

<span style="font-weight: bold">Prove it!</span>

SEI SOCOM GLFS with DC Vortex and SOCOM gas plug.
    15 rounds of 7.62 x 51 NATO surplus followed by 5 rounds of sub sonic ammunition.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: H2O MAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

15 rounds of 7.62 x 51 NATO surplus followed by 5 rounds of sub sonic ammunition.

</div></div>
    I'm Confused?

I thought the dispute was the SEI doesn't work WITHOUT THE SUPPRESSOR.

Nobody claimed it didnt work suppressed

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PinkGunsRSilly</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: H2O MAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>
    I'm Confused?

Nobody claimed it didnt work suppressed </div></div>
    +1 what a fucking retard...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PinkGunsRSilly</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

I'm Confused?

That's what has been claimed by 762frmafr, but the person that made this claim has yet to produce a shred of evidence to back up his claim.

I'm confused as to why he would make such a claim and then want others to prove him right . . . that's irrational.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: H2O MAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PinkGunsRSilly</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

I'm Confused?

That's what has been claimed, but the person that made this claim has yet to produce a shred of evidence to back up his claim.

I'm confused as to why he would make such a claim and then want others to prove him right . . . that's irrational. </div></div>
    I want no one to prove me right. I want YOU to prove me wrong.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 762frmafr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: H2O MAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PinkGunsRSilly</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

I'm Confused?

That's what has been claimed, but the person that made this claim has yet to produce a shred of evidence to back up his claim.

I'm confused as to why he would make such a claim and then want others to prove him right . . . that's irrational. </div></div>
    I want no one to prove me right. I want YOU to prove me wrong. </div></div>

I already told you it runs fine without the suppressor.

Support your claim that it will not operate or fuck off.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: H2O MAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 762frmafr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: H2O MAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PinkGunsRSilly</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

I'm Confused?

I want no one to prove me right. I want YOU to prove me wrong. </div></div>

I already told you it runs fine without the suppressor.

Support your claim that it will not operate or fuck off. </div></div>
    Exactly my point....Support YOUR claim or fuck off...

You make false claims and expect people to take you seriously??? ~ good luck with that.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: H2O MAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You make false claims and expect people to take you seriously??? ~ good luck with that.</div></div>

No offense H2O but 762 looks a lot more serious than you, he stated a point which you have yet to disprove and he went as far as to make an extremely well produced video to support his point and his claims about Delta P Designs.

I am seriously curious to know if the SEI will function unsurpressed as multiple people have claimed it will not!

I feel confident that a bunch of SOCOM owners have purchased and installed SEI's SOCOM kit just for the ability to run a Vortex flash hider and the standard height front sight of their choosing.
    I am pretty sure a good number of these same people are running SEI's SOCOM gas plug... BTW, SADLAK added a special SEI SOCOM gas plug clean out tool to it's product list - there is a market.

I think the SEI SOCOM kit has been in use for a few years... 762frmafr claims that none of these guns will operate without the back pressure produced by a suppressor.
    Now, if this charge happened to be true, we would have seen a plethora of consumer complaints on a long list of forums including this one.

I'm saying that I don't recall reading a single report on any forum that backs-up 762frmafr's BS.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PinkGunsRSilly</div><div class="ubbcode-body">... as multiple people have claimed it will not! </div></div>

Who are these people?

Can you post links to the multiple post these people have made on multiple forums? Just one forum? Any forum?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: H2O MAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I feel confident that a bunch of SOCOM owners have purchased and installed SEI's SOCOM kit just for the ability to run a Vortex flash hider and the standard height front sight of their choosing.
    I am pretty sure a good number of these same people are running SEI's SOCOM gas plug... BTW, SADLAK added a special SEI SOCOM gas plug clean out tool to it's product list - there is a market.

I think the SEI SOCOM kit has been in use for a few years... 762frmafr claims that none of these guns will operate without the back pressure produced by a suppressor.
    Now, if this charge happened to be true, we would have seen a plethora of consumer complaints on a long list of forums including this one.

I'm saying that I don't recall reading a single report on any forum that backs-up 762frmafr's BS.

</div></div>
    There may be nothing to back it up, but there is nothing to dispute it either. I am asking you to prove me wrong. Period. If you cannot do it, then this thread and conversation is over as far as I am concerned.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wildbill9ball</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
    P.S. I tried the <span style="font-weight: bold">smith ent.</span> with a AAC 51 tooth muzzle break and it did not work . it would not feed with out the suppressor.

</div></div>

Wildbill, what <span style="font-weight: bold">smith ent.</span> piece of kit did you try?

Also, who made the gas plug pictured here?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wildbill9ball</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
    Picture20057.jpg

</div></div>

Thanks

There may be nothing to back it up, but there is nothing to dispute it either. </div></div>

<span style="font-size: 14pt">caveat emptor</span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: H2O MAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>

You have absolutely terrible trigger control... you crush the trigger and don't follow through... which isn't just a fad but a fundamental...

Frank, Water boy, is not worth the read. Runs his hole, about shit all the time.
    He's worst than a want-a-bee air softer in my book,... shit talker an none walker.

Well I look at it as he clearly makes the statement that he is associated to the company beyond a "end user" and fan...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think the SEI SOCOM kit has been in use for a few years... 762frmafr claims that none of these guns will operate without the back pressure produced by a suppressor.
    Now, if this charge happened to be true, we would have seen a plethora of consumer complaints on a long list of forums including this one. </div></div>

This goes beyond fandom, I think it shows a clear connection to the company, and I believe the charges people have levied that he is in fact an operating arm of the company. He is just too tightly connected too all things Smith Enterprises and along with the insider photographs and access he has, it's certainly clear to me he is a company representative who receives some form of compensation for his actions online.

All I ever wanted was proof that the Smith Enterprises parts functioned. Wildbill complained that they didn't work, as well I have heard from numerous other sources that they did not function properly. I apologize for what this thread has turned in to. I guess anger and frustration towards H20Man got the better of me. I still would like to see video proof of the SEI kit functioning on a rifle UNSUPPRESSED though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well I look at it as he clearly makes the statement that he is associated to the company beyond a "end user" and fan... </div></div>

Him,.... ever being a real end user of M14's or it's clones is a stretch, but money makes used car sales men do/say strange things. Easy to spot for many, but the unwashed have trouble seeing past all his B/S an "Glitter".
    Moon Dust must be cheap in Athens Ga.
    laugh.gif

He has had more than one shot at proving his talk, and craw-fished every time.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: H2O MAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="color: #CC0000">I am working on a video</span>, but lets get back to your earlier statement.

</div></div>

I am interested to see this "video". And proof that it is YOU in the video. Not something you pull off youtube.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: H2O MAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 762frmafr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
    The Smith Enterprises kit forces you to use a shorter gas plug which changes your gas system dimensions.

<span style="text-decoration: underline">That system now needs the added back pressure of the suppressor to operate the firearm.</span> </div></div>

Are you saying the 16 will not operate with the SEI SOCOM kit installed <span style="text-decoration: underline">unless</span> a sound suppressor is installed?

All of the SOCOM I have ever fired operated just fine with the factory kit and SEI kit. It has been my personal
    </div></div>It will if you want their flash hider .

BUT IF YOU WANT A SILENCER MOUNT AND USE A AAC MUZLEBREAK IT WONT WORK

IF YOU WANT TO TRY IT I STILL HAVE THE SEI MOUNT IN 5/8-24

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wildbill9ball</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> It will if you want their flash hider .

IF YOU WANT TO TRY IT I STILL HAVE THE SEI MOUNT IN 5/8-24 </div></div>
    Wildbill, I would like to try and duplicate my video with the Smith Enterprises kit. How much would you charge me to rent your kit just long enough to make a video?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 762frmafr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wildbill9ball</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> It will if you want their flash hider .

IF YOU WANT TO TRY IT I STILL HAVE THE SEI MOUNT IN 5/8-24 </div></div>
    Wildbill, I would like to try and duplicate my video with the Smith Enterprises kit. How much would you charge me to rent your kit just long enough to make a video?</div></div>
    I don`t have the kit i just have a 5/8-24 version of their kit`s mount and no flash hider