• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Suppressing a SOCOM.......

Re: Suppressing a SOCOM.......

Warning if you intend on just using the mount and not the flash hider and think you can put a silencer mount on it

DON`T
IF YOU GO TO SILENCER TALK .COM YOU WILL FIND SEVERL PEOPLE WITH SILENCER STRIKES AND CRACKED BOLTS

THIS KIT WILL ONLY WORK WITH FISCER`S SILENCER

just so you know AWC coverts your gas selector by drilling a .078 hole in the grenade position . I did not do that . I Just added a adjustable gas bolt and adjusted it so it would barely work with out the silencer .So with the silencer it throws the brass about 5 feet and about 2 feet with out it.

if any one wants this pm me

Picture068.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wildbill9ball</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: H2O MAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 762frmafr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
The Smith Enterprises kit forces you to use a shorter gas plug which changes your gas system dimensions.

<span style="text-decoration: underline">That system now needs the added back pressure of the suppressor to operate the firearm.</span> </div></div>

Are you saying the 16 will not operate with the SEI SOCOM kit installed <span style="text-decoration: underline">unless</span> a sound suppressor is installed?
I have never experienced or read about this phenomenon, do you have any proof to back up this claim?

All of the SOCOM I have ever fired operated just fine with the factory kit and SEI kit. It has been my personal
experience that the SEI kit equipped SOCOM operates equally well with or without the suppressor installed.
</div></div><span style="font-weight: bold">It will if you want their flash hider .</span>

BUT IF YOU WANT A SILENCER MOUNT AND USE A AAC MUZLEBREAK IT WONT WORK
</div></div>

It sounds like the SEI SOCOM kit operated just fine, but that it stopped operating once the AAC muzzle brake was installed.
Did you ever try using SEI's SOCOM gas plug with this set-up?

I am using a complete SEI SOCOM kit (GLFS, gas plug and DC Vortex) and my rifle is fully operational with zero problems.
It operates 100% with or without my SEI/Fisher DC suppressor installed. No drilling, set screw or additional shims needed.
No baffle strikes or cracked bolts either.

Mixing parts can sometimes have bad results... I'm just glad you got it sorted out and now have a suppressed SOCOM that is fully operational.

Happy shooting Wildbill
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 762frmafr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would like to try and duplicate my video with the Smith Enterprises kit. </div></div>

An apples to apples comparison would require that you install the complete SOCOM kit from SEI.
You will need their SOCOM GLFS, SOCOM gas plug and SOCOM DC Vortex or DC brake.

Do you have access to a SEI/Fisher .30 caliber DC sound suppressor?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: H2O MAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="color: #CC0000">I am working on a video</span>, but lets get back to your earlier statement.

Are you saying the 16 will not operate with the SEI SOCOM kit installed unless a sound suppressor is installed?

I have never experienced or read about this phenomenon, do you have any proof to back up this claim?
</div></div>

I am interested to see this "video". And proof that it is YOU in the video. Not something you pull off youtube. </div></div>

Please submit hair, blood and tissue samples that proves it's YOU that's wanting to see this "video" and not some lowlife living in a van by the river.

Also, please tell us of anyone other than me that owns a MK14 CQB 16 type SEI.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: H2O MAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wildbill9ball</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: H2O MAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 762frmafr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
The Smith Enterprises kit forces you to use a shorter gas plug which changes your gas system dimensions.

<span style="text-decoration: underline">That system now needs the added back pressure of the suppressor to operate the firearm.</span> </div></div>

Are you saying the 16 will not operate with the SEI SOCOM kit installed <span style="text-decoration: underline">unless</span> a sound suppressor is installed?

All of the SOCOM I have ever fired operated just fine with the factory kit and SEI kit. It has been my personal
experience that the SEI kit equipped SOCOM operates equally well with or without the suppressor installed.
</div></div><span style="font-weight: bold">It will if you want their flash hider .</span>

BUT IF YOU WANT A SILENCER MOUNT AND USE A AAC MUZLEBREAK IT WONT WORK
</div></div>

It sounds like the SEI SOCOM kit operated just fine, but that it stopped operating once the AAC muzzle brake was installed.
Did you ever try using SEI's SOCOM gas plug with this set-up?

I am using a complete SEI SOCOM kit (GLFS, gas plug and DC Vortex) and my rifle is fully operational with zero problems.
It operates 100% with or without my SEI/Fisher DC suppressor installed. No drilling, set screw or additional shims needed.
No baffle strikes or cracked bolts either.

Mixing parts can sometimes have bad results... I'm just glad you got it sorted out and now have a suppressed SOCOM that is fully operational.

Happy shooting Wildbill
smile.gif

</div></div>yes I used their gas plug , the standard gas plug and the adjustable gas plug. and no you can not install a silencer with all of those .I just got to the point were i tired everything to get it to work and the stub gas bolt was made from a SEI bolt just cut .400 off and weld hole shut and machine smooth . I was amazed that i had less pressure with the shorter bolt

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wildbill9ball</div><div class="ubbcode-body">yes I used their gas plug , the standard gas plug and the adjustable gas plug. and no you can not install a silencer with all of those .I just got to the point were i tired everything to get it to work and the stub gas bolt was made from a SEI bolt just cut .400 off and weld hole shut and machine smooth . I was amazed that i had less pressure with the shorter bolt </div></div>

Your mod on the SEI gas plug sounds interesting, do you continue to use this gas plug?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: H2O MAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wildbill9ball</div><div class="ubbcode-body">yes I used their gas plug , the standard gas plug and the adjustable gas plug. and no you can not install a silencer with all of those .I just got to the point were i tired everything to get it to work and the stub gas bolt was made from a SEI bolt just cut .400 off and weld hole shut and machine smooth . I was amazed that i had less pressure with the shorter bolt </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: H2O MAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Cool.</div></div>

Your mod on the SEI gas plug sounds interesting, do you continue to use this gas plug?</div></div>

COOL?!?!?!?

Cool? It's that you have to weld on a $300 part and machine it to make it work???

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: H2O MAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: H2O MAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="color: #CC0000">I am working on a video</span>, but lets get back to your earlier statement.

Are you saying the 16 will not operate with the SEI SOCOM kit installed unless a sound suppressor is installed?

</div></div>

I am interested to see this "video". And proof that it is YOU in the video. Not something you pull off youtube. </div></div>

Please submit hair, blood and tissue samples that proves it's YOU that's wanting to see this "video" and not some lowlife living in a van by the river. </div></div>

It must truly be difficult for you to type being that your head is so far up SEI's collective ass. All you do is pimp their products which leads me to believe you have a hand in the company. Frank is right. I also believe that without paying a due to the forum here, you should be permanently banned from posting on this fine website.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PinkGunsRSilly</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: H2O MAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wildbill9ball</div><div class="ubbcode-body">yes I used their gas plug , the standard gas plug and the adjustable gas plug. and no you can not install a silencer with all of those .I just got to the point were i tired everything to get it to work and the stub gas bolt was made from a SEI bolt just cut .400 off and weld hole shut and machine smooth . I was amazed that i had less pressure with the shorter bolt </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: H2O MAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Cool.</div></div>it was 45 and i tried everything to get it to work

</div></div>

COOL?!?!?!?

Cool? It's that you have to weld on a $300 part and machine it to make it work???
</div></div>All you experts realize that the SEI system is ageist your gas system and not the end of the barrel and i would be worried
that if you do not torque the gas bolt the same it could leverage the system enough for a strike on the suppressor

I went to sei in person to try to get this to work and was not impressed all you people defending them need to realize it is a teenager and another guy in a small facility with a small mill and it looks like they outsource most of their work

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: H2O MAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wildbill9ball</div><div class="ubbcode-body">yes I used their gas plug , the standard gas plug and the adjustable gas plug. and no you can not install a silencer with all of those .I just got to the point were i tired everything to get it to work and the stub gas bolt was made from a SEI bolt just cut .400 off and weld hole shut and machine smooth . I was amazed that i had less pressure with the shorter bolt </div></div>

Your mod on the SEI gas plug sounds interesting, do you continue to use this gas plug?</div></div> no but wil send it with their mount for $50

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wildbill9ball</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Look you can not make sei mount work with a aac mount
</div></div>

Agreed and I'll add that the SEI kit is made to work with the SEI/Fisher DC suppressor, not aac kit.

For those still reading:
If you do not own or plan to own a DC suppressor you really need to consider another kit such as the one from deltapdesign.com

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wildbill9ball</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: H2O MAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Your mod on the SEI gas plug sounds interesting, do you continue to use this gas plug?</div></div> no but wil send it with their mount for $50 </div></div>

I appreciate the offer, but I already have one and it works 100%

This is interesting. I have been looking at picking up a Gemtec Quicksand and setting up different rifles with quick disconnects. One of these would be a SOCOM II, most of the SEI parts are waiting upstairs. Wish I knew about Delta P earlier...

Have I shot myself in the foot?

TG

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TG1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

TG </div></div>
Pretty much....My advice...sell the SEI parts for whatever you can get out of them and go with the ones that work. Delta P Designs.

Delta P is some good stuff. I shoot their 308 stubby can on a SBR 6.5 grendel AR. its a wicked combo

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 762frmafr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TG1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

TG </div></div>

Pretty much....My advice...sell the SEI parts for whatever you can get out of them and go with the ones that work. Delta P Designs. </div></div>

Is the Delta P proprietary with their own can, or will their hardware work with the Titanium Quicksand? (uses the Gemtec HVT bayonet flashider.) Ultimately, the solution should be capable of running the gas system surpressed (subsonic or std ammo) or non suppressed.

TG

[quote/]
Is the Delta P proprietary with their own can, or will their hardware work with the Titanium Quicksand? (uses the Gemtec HVT bayonet flashider.) Ultimately, the solution should be capable of running the gas system surpressed (subsonic or std ammo) or non suppressed.

TG [/quote]

The Delta P Design SOCOM adapter is <span style="text-decoration: underline">NOT</span> proprietary to the Delta P Design Brevis 7.62mm sound suppressor. It provides industry standard 5/8-24 accessory threads for any 5/8-24 muzzle accessory.

-You would need one of the the 5/8-24 QUICKMOUNT mounts from GemTec for mounting your Quicksand. This would attach to the Delta P Design SOCOM adapter.

-With the Delta P Design SOCOM adapter installed, the SOCOM will cycle with or without the GemTec quickmount without changing other gas system components (using ammunition that would otherwise cycle the SOCOM in factory configuration).

Delta P Design SOCOM 5/8-24 muzzle accessory solution

SOCOMadapter8small.JPG

SOCOMadapter10small.JPG

Socom-New.jpg

-As for the goal of cycling your SOCOM 16 with subsonic ammunition: I do not believe without significantly altering other system components you will be able to get a subsonic round to cycle the M1A/SOCOM. The Delta P Design SOCOM adapter will not solve the problem of getting the rifle cycle with subsonic ammunition.

That is OK though, I actually do not know of anyone with a SOCOM that will cycle with subsonic ammo in any configuration! It would be cool if you can pull it off.

Best of luck with your project. Hope that helps!

Blog & images explaining the Delta P Design SOCOM 5/8-24 accessory mount

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TG1</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Ultimately, the solution should be capable of running the gas system surpressed (subsonic or std ammo) or non suppressed.

TG </div></div>

The only way to get an M14/M1A to cycle sub sonic is to alter the gun so much that it is no longer safe to fire anything but sub sonic.

TG, do not attempt unless you want a dedicated sub sonic only M14/M1A.

As for suppressing the SOCOM or any M14/M1A with a SEI/Fisher sound suppressor...
my advice... sell the Delta P Designs parts for whatever you can get out of them and go with the ones that work. SEI.
Note: The Schuster gas plug is not needed and not recommended with SEI kit.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: H2O MAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The only way to get an M14/M1A to cycle sub sonic is to alter the gun so much that it is no longer safe to fire anything but sub sonic.</div></div>

Talking about things you know nothing about, again, I see.

Fact, SA (USGI) built sanitized M14's to compete with China. Fact, Lake City had a subsonic round that would cycle those sanitized US weapons. Fact, those items were used together in South America back in the 60-70's.
There are some still alive, that played with those tools.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gunfighter14e2</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: H2O MAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The only way to get an M14/M1A to cycle sub sonic is to alter the gun so much that it is no longer safe to fire anything but sub sonic.</div></div>

Talking about things you know nothing about, again, I see.</div></div>

Once again, you are spouting information that does not apply, unless of course you have a supply of this special ammo and these special weapons.
Also, I bet none of these sanitized US weapons had 16.25" barrels and Delta P or SEI kit on them.

I didn't say it couldn't be done, I just advised that it should not be done

Aaaactually, you did say it couldn't be done:

"The only way to get an M14/M1A to cycle sub sonic is to alter the gun so much that it is no longer safe to fire anything but sub sonic."

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tyler Kemp</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Aaaactually, you did say it couldn't be done:

"The only way to get an M14/M1A to cycle sub sonic is to alter the gun so much that it is no longer safe to fire anything but sub sonic." </div></div>

Aaaactually, I was referring to the topic: SOCOM and other commercial M14/M1A type rifles.
The only way to get these rifles to cycle sub sonic is to alter them so much that they are no longer safe to fire with anything but sub sonic ammo.

If someone wants to duplicate what Gunfighter14e2 has described they are going to need alot of help and luck.

Thank you for clarifying what I said, after I restated what you said. Redundancy is a fundamental part of your existence apparently.

Thank you for trying to get it right.

Actually, I was hoping to hear someone had developed a regulated gas plug, similar in theory to the ones marketed for S12 shotguns.

Might be a worth some thought from the engineering types, might also could save some op rods from "too hot" loads.

TG

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TG1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Actually, I was hoping to hear someone had developed a regulated gas plug, similar in theory to the ones marketed for S12 shotguns.

Might be a worth some thought from the engineering types, might also could save some op rods from "too hot" loads.

TG </div></div>

The Shuster adjustable gas plug is an elegant solution. It is a drop in. It has a set screw down the middle that you use to regulate the gas to the piston with. I basically open it all the way up, start shooting a mag and close it down until the rifle functions as I want. Takes all of 5 minutes and conforms to different setups.

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=699378

Hope that helps, best of luck with your project.

jrwl1z.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: H2O MAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thank you for trying to get it right. </div></div>

SA (USGI) had 17" barreled M14's in 1960 for close work. 3 of these are still in a Russian captured arms Museum.

Never run your pie hole w/o knowing the whole story,... makes you look like the used car salesman you really are, more an more.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: H2O MAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gunfighter14e2</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: H2O MAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The only way to get an M14/M1A to cycle sub sonic is to alter the gun so much that it is no longer safe to fire anything but sub sonic.</div></div>

Talking about things you know nothing about, again, I see.</div></div>

Once again, you are spouting information that does not apply, unless of course you have a supply of this special ammo and these special weapons.
Also, I bet none of these sanitized US weapons had 16.25" barrels and Delta P or SEI kit on them.

I didn't say it couldn't be done, I just advised that it should not be done </div></div>

Where's the video? Or are you blowing smoke with that as well?

That's just great, but it does not apply to this topic. Running your pie hole without relevance is not helping anyone.
Come to think of it, I don't think you have contributed any information that is pertinent to the topic and this makes you look like a busy body.

That said, Lee Emerson would love the kind of historical information you dole out, it's good stuff.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: H2O MAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't think you have contributed any information that is pertinent to the topic and this makes you look like a busy body.</div></div>

Your slant only, PM's say otherwise. Your problem is you know just enough, about M14's to be dangerous to those, that are new to them.

Tell ya what, how about you come to a HardRock match and show us how it's done! Athens Ga. ain't that much of a drive for a man of your shills, I mean skills. Then again there are match's in the Athens area, we'd be glad to do one of them, if you want to show up there?

I tell you what GF, why don't stick to the topic and quit being such a nag.
Your online persona says that you could very well be a danger to yourself and others.

Seriously, go start a thread on all that you know about the modernized M14 and we'll see if anyone shows up.
Be sure and make videos that prove all that you say and make sure you show your face in them.

Your about as predicable as falling rain.

You get time to show up at a match anywhere, drop me a line. I know a few more guys that have run 14's for uncle years back, and we really need you to bring us up too date. What say you?

Tell ya what, I've an old POS 14 w/a gen 1 Art, that I might still know how to use. I'll bring it, you bring your high speed stuff and we'll do a run and gun threw the woods, what do ya say?

Loved your post today, on silencer talk, you do get around don't you?

Tell ya what, your inability to stay on topic or even close to it is epic.

Show us a video of your suppressed SOCOM.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: H2O MAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tell ya what, your inability to stay on topic or even close to it is epic.

Show us a video of your suppressed SOCOM. </div></div>

Until YOU produce a video proving your claims to 762frmafr that "your system" is better then his.... STFU and stop trying to call other people out to make a video. Are you actually serious with your hypocritical banter?

The problem is you talk shit all the time, but that's the way of used car sales I guess.

Frank, (Lowlight to you) offered you a free slot at two major US shoots, and you came up with bullshit excuses both times. Most every one here would jump threw hoops to get a slot for either shoot, let alone a free one for both. Something wrong somewhere in know it all land I'd say. Then again it's easier to hide behind a post on a screen, than show up and let the world see first hand anyway. There's guys that only run Airsoft, that I give more credit than you. At least they know what their talking about when they talk Airsoft.

H20

I suggest a timeline for the video, because as the way I see it, there is no other reason to have you on this site any longer. So unless you have something for me, I would consider this your last few hours as a member here on SH.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well I look at it as he clearly makes the statement that he is associated to the company beyond a "end user" and fan...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: H2O MAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think the SEI SOCOM kit has been in use for a few years... 762frmafr claims that none of these guns will operate without the back pressure produced by a suppressor.
Now, if this charge happened to be true, we would have seen a plethora of consumer complaints on a long list of forums including this one. </div></div>

This goes beyond fandom, I think it shows a clear connection to the company, and <span style="font-weight: bold">I believe the charges people have levied that he is in fact an operating arm of the company.</span> He is just too tightly connected too all things Smith Enterprises and along with the insider photographs and access he has, <span style="font-weight: bold">it's certainly clear to me he is a company representative who receives some form of compensation for his actions online. </span>

</div></div>

Low

I am <span style="font-weight: bold">not</span> an operating arm of the company...
I am <span style="font-weight: bold">not</span> a company representative who receives some form of compensation for his actions online...

The charges are false and nobody has offered any proof to support these charges - none.

Also, what would change for me here on SH after the video is posted?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: H2O MAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well I look at it as he clearly makes the statement that he is associated to the company beyond a "end user" and fan...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: H2O MAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think the SEI SOCOM kit has been in use for a few years... 762frmafr claims that none of these guns will operate without the back pressure produced by a suppressor.
Now, if this charge happened to be true, we would have seen a plethora of consumer complaints on a long list of forums including this one. </div></div>

This goes beyond fandom, I think it shows a clear connection to the company, and <span style="font-weight: bold">I believe the charges people have levied that he is in fact an operating arm of the company.</span> He is just too tightly connected too all things Smith Enterprises and along with the insider photographs and access he has, <span style="font-weight: bold">it's certainly clear to me he is a company representative who receives some form of compensation for his actions online. </span>

</div></div>

Low

I am <span style="font-weight: bold">not</span> an operating arm of the company...
I am <span style="font-weight: bold">not</span> a company representative who receives some form of compensation for his actions online...

The charges are false and nobody has offered any proof to support these charges - none.

Also, what would change for me here on SH after the video is posted?

</div></div>

you would look like less of a douche bag! not much less, but less...

These facts may be relevant to the discussion.

1) The gas port on the M1A SOCOM (16.25") barrel is larger than the gas port in the M1A Standard (22") barrel.

2) As built by Springfield Armory, Inc., the M1A SOCOM functions as it should without a suppressor. That means the OEM gas cylinder plug does not cause a failure for the gas system and bolt to cycle properly.

3) Use of the Smith Enterprise, Inc. M1A SOCOM kit flash hider in conjunction with a sound suppressor requires installation of a modified gas cylinder plug. A USGI or SA, Inc. M1A SOCOM gas cylinder plug prevent a sound suppressor from locking on to the flash hider.

4) The Smith Enterprise, Inc. (SEI) M1A SOCOM gas cylinder plug allows a SEI/Fisher sound suppressor to fit on to the SEI M1A SOCOM flash hider.

5) Smith Enterprise, Inc. M1A SOCOM gas cylinder plugs made before April 2010 should only be used on 16 " barreled rifles. Rifles with 18" or 22" barrels and an early version SEI M1A SOCOM gas cylinder plug did not always cycle properly, unsuppressed.

6) After April 2010, the SEI M1A SOCOM gas cylinder plugs were bored with a volume about 0.5 cubic centimeters larger than a USGI gas cylinder plug. The increased volume made them suitable for use with any length barrel.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Different</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

5) Smith Enterprise, Inc. M1A SOCOM gas cylinder plugs made before April 2010 should only be used on 16 " barreled rifles. Rifles with 18" or 22" barrels and an early version SEI M1A SOCOM gas cylinder plug did not always cycle properly, unsuppressed.

6) After April 2010, the SEI M1A SOCOM gas cylinder plugs were bored with a volume about 0.5 cubic centimeters larger than a USGI gas cylinder plug. The increased volume made them suitable for use with any length barrel. </div></div>

Thank you for the facts
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: H2O MAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Different</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

5) Smith Enterprise, Inc. M1A SOCOM gas cylinder plugs made before April 2010 should only be used on 16 " barreled rifles. Rifles with 18" or 22" barrels and an early version SEI M1A SOCOM gas cylinder plug <span style="font-weight: bold">did not always cycle properly, unsuppressed.</span></div></div>

<span style="font-weight: bold">
<span style="font-style: italic">Thank you
smile.gif
</span></span>

</div></div>

Nice of you to thank him for saying what you have not had the guts to say all along. Your status on this forum is purely that of entertainment value for anyone willing to read your backpedaling posts.

Ban the water boy. He just likes to start shit in these M1A threads.

Don't ban him, because I believe the village may call again one day.

I'd like to see him shoot myself. I've heard about "His" special whizzbang up dated sticks that are all that. I need to eyeball the bullet placement as bullets don't know how to talk out one side of their mouth's and erase it with the other.

he won't ever show up so what is the point... he'll continue to step on threads like this and be nothing more than a shill for SEI and frankly turn a lot of people off to them because of it.

In a word I would probably be doing them a favor removing this embarrassment from the site.

Back of my mind, I know your right about the showing up.
When he did not jump at the chance to drive a real XM21 an the Art 1 offered him, I knew right then something was a miss.

Lets see,
Free slot to two of the Nations Top Shoot's
2 Free Pieces of History, to shoot as well,
Ammo at no charge leaves,
Only one conclusion to draw,...

Then again his employment contract, may include a no shoot clause,...

Pinky & The Brain, KYS and GF come up short once again.

He said:
<span style="font-weight: bold">rifles with longer than 16" barrels did not always cycle properly with the early SEI M14/M1A SOCOM gas cylinder plug </span>

I'll say it again: M14 & M1A rifles <span style="font-weight: bold">other than the SOCOM</span> had issues with the original SOCOM gas plug.

I would have thought by now you'd be out of paper to wipe with, after talking.

Your credibility here went out the door long ago. You have been but entertainment here, from the time you craw-fished about the free slot offered you last year.

You have a reading comprehension issue as well, as the site name say's,...
Sniper's Hide,...For the Serious Tactical Marksman, You have never been one have ya? You admitted you have never shot a comp anywhere, so that leaves out the Serious part as well!
So just what The Fuck are you here for? Your never seriously in an other threads except m14's. You know nothing about Fieldcraft so that even leaves hunting out, much less hunting armed men.

All the above fits Franks assessment, that your a salesmen for SEI, and your own wording fits that logic as well.

Now you can "Try" to get the last word, in this waste of bandwith. I assure you, the last word on this thread is coming and you are not going to have it, this time.

You guys have made several incorrect assessments concerning me, modernized M14s, SEI and SEI kit.

Why the fuck do you continue to embarrass yourselves?

Bottom line:
The SOCOM is easily suppressed and it will run well as long as you
use the right combination of parts with your particular suppressor.

New innovations give the M1A/M14 owner more options ~ support the innovators, not the detractors.