• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Suppressing the FN 5.7mm Five-Seven and P90 SBR?

Strykervet

ain'T goT no how whaTchamacalliT
Minuteman
  • Jun 5, 2011
    Pierce County, WA
    I'm interested in getting a five-seven and a P90 and putting it on a Form 1. I'll either get the appropriate short bbl. or have the PS90 cut down.

So I know that I can use my Liberty Essence and I THINK I can use the Regulator too but I'm not sure about the P90. Would you use a .22 can on it also or would you use, say, an AAC 556SD?

Anything I need to know about suppressing the 5.7mm in particular?

What I've been told from multiple sources on several forums regarding the FiveSeven: a 5.7 rated .22 can will suppress it, but not as much as you would hope or like. The Gemtech 5.7 can will give better suppression.

I bought the Gemtech can even though it was more expensive and harder to find. I tend to buy the can for a specific gun and not one for most/all. That's just me though. The exception being that I have a CZ452 set up to use my OPS 12th. I have a .22 can. I didn't need or want another until after HPA passes, if ever. My Gemtech is still in jail, and though I have the EFK barrel I haven't gotten FiveSeven yet. I figure I still have 2-6 more months, having submitted my individual Form 4 in October.

Anyway, buy what you feel you will get the most use out of balanced with the suppression level you can live with.

YMMV

Last edited:
    I have shot both with the original SWR Spectre and was pleased with the results. I believe the pistol had a Jarvis barrel, the ps90 I do not know who did the SBR.

The good 22 cans seem to do a decent job in my opinion. I've used the spectre 2 and Sparrow, and was pleased with both. I'd love to try the new TBAC 22 takedown, but no longer have a 5.7.

I am using a Spartan 3 DT 556 can from GA on my SBR'd 90. great results. have used everything from 30 cal cans to 22 on it. happy medium with the small 556 can on there now. .

Thanks, I wasn't sure. I wouldn't want to put anything bigger on the end of it than this titanium can, and from the above it sounds like the AAC 556SD would be great on the P90.

So a 6" long monocore all titanium 1" dia. can doesn't do much? Is it the round that is loud or can you hear the action over the discharge? Would I be better off to stick with my 9mm's and just get a sub-gun? I have an Omega 9k and a Liberty Mystic X for 9mm cans.

I am using a SilencerCo Sparrow and an AAC Evo9 in my SBR PS-90 and am happy when running subs. Supers are still pretty loud.

Thanks, I wasn't sure. I wouldn't want to put anything bigger on the end of it than this titanium can, and from the above it sounds like the AAC 556SD would be great on the P90.

So a 6" long monocore all titanium 1" dia. can doesn't do much? Is it the round that is loud or can you hear the action over the discharge? Would I be better off to stick with my 9mm's and just get a sub-gun? I have an Omega 9k and a Liberty Mystic X for 9mm cans.

This guy does a lot of FiveSeven shooting with various ammo and has some suppressed vids also. Here's a video of subsonic expanding CYCLING 5.7 ammo.

https://youtu.be/k_hOrarNzOw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Met up with a co-worker and his son last year and they had a PS90 SBR. They have a home made rimfire suppressor (NFA rules followed) and I threw my Spectre II and 5.56 cans as well.

Sure the larger 5.56 can did suppress more, but the rimfire cans did just fine. Not uncomfortable at all from a shooters perspective throughout the day.

If you're going PS90 SBR, I would think you are going for maneuverability. If so, the shorter, thinner rimfire silencers will be more maneuverable.

The Dead Air Mask is a great suppressor, and gtg on the five-seven, full auto rated. nice tone and quiet.

Scott

When I had my SBR PS90 I tried multiple .22 cans but ended up using my SOCOM 556 on it, the .22 cans left a high pitch signature that the SOCOM took away.
    For what its worth I also use that can on the shops FA P90 when I take it out. Have 10's of 1000's of rounds 5.7 and 556 through it and it still sounds like a new one!

My direct thread SAS Eadrom MX is about to clear ATF, so will try that next to the sparrow, dead air, TB 22 takedown etc.