• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Suppressor Baffles Tumbler

FormerFarmer

Private
Minuteman
Nov 18, 2018
NE Wisconsin
I am currently using an ultrasonic washer to clean my Q El Camino baffles. I would like to try using a tumbler with SS pins instead. What tumbler are you using? How well does it work for cleaning suppressor baffles?

I looked at the Harbor Freight ones and do not want to buy that cheap of one - Chinese made. I am looking at Thumlers Tumbler model AR-1 or Lortone tumbler model 3A.

I don't do any reloading or intend to in the future.

Last edited:
I switched from a Thumler's Model B to a Lortone 3A. The Lortone is a whole lot quieter with no chatter from the drum wobbling around on the drive rods like with a Thumler's (Lortone's drum is captured on one end). Lortone's drum is also easier to service having to undo a single thumb screw and then having the lid(s) lift off/out.

I run the drum a little less than half full of pins and fill to the brim with water and dishwashing liquid. I usually do two rimfire cans or a rimfire can and a pistol can at one time. Run it for 8-10 hrs., changing the solution about half way through, and baffles are clean with just a little bit of gunk left to be scraped of with a brass pick (about the same as any other wet tumbler I've tried). K- and cone baffles are easiest to clean with squared off baffles (Yankee Hill Stinger) being a bit more work.

Last edited:
Reactions: FormerFarmer
And with the Lortone, the drive belt may or may not be installed on the pulleys so don't freak out if you plug it in and it just whirs.

Reactions: FormerFarmer