• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Suppressors Suppressor books?

rrdstarr

Private
Minuteman
May 17, 2012
I have been looking through them online, the more professional(Not the PVC Crap) and was wonering if any of you have opinions on which is the best one? I am a Machinist by trade some making them isn't the problem.

Thanks, Rick

Re: Suppressor books?

Rick,

I must admit that I was hoping somebody else would step in on this one for you. The simple fact is that there is no published text that begins to explain the advancements made as of late. You are better off matching your skills with that of your equipment and intellect and readinging through threads such as these.

http://www.silencertalk.com/silencer-forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=77913

Within are some of the best...and worst...and everything else in between.

You state that you are no longer residing in the U.S. If you were I would be reminging you to know and follow each and every NFA and State requirement. Best of luck.

I bought the patent book.covers from the old sionics to swr omega.I think that's the newest hard copy. Silencer talk is definitely the best place to start

Here are two good ones by Alan C. Paulson;
`Silencer History and Performance, Sporting and Tactical Silencers, Volume 1'
`Silencer History and Performance, CQB, Assault Rifle and Sniper Technology, Volume 2'

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RollingThunder51</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Rick,

Within are some of the best...and worst...and everything else in between.

You state that you are no longer residing in the U.S. If you were I would be reminging you to know and follow each and every NFA and State requirement. Best of luck. </div></div>

If I don't live in the US, Why would I worry about state and Federal Laws?

I will order Volume 1 and 2. I know how to make suppressors. Just need some math to help me build what I need!