• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressor cover for Magnus SR

K80/6.5

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Feb 27, 2019
Kirkwood, Missouri
Have a Magnus sr in jail. My question is for people who have sr mounts which suppressor cover do you prefer? I like can chaps for my standard direct thread suppressors. I’m not sure how good it would be with the secondary locking collar unless I just get a cover that does go over the mount locking section. Any pictures would be great of any tbac sr cans with covers.

Last edited:
IMG_7342.jpeg

Reactions: K80/6.5
I use one of the Armageddon Gear covers sold by TBAC on my 338U SR and it's perfect. Its easy to put on and remove and it stays put when shooting and prevents suppressor mirrage.

1000004624.jpg

@Zak Smith I was thinking of getting one of your SR equipped suppressors, and I'm intrigued by the Can Chaps covers as well.

Since those covers are tacky inside and can pretty much remain on the suppressor 100% of the time (even when installing and removing the can), here's a question: since the cover can't go over the SR mount, is that a big deal as far as mirage goes?

I don't know how hot that SR mount gets on a bolt action. If it gets really hot, then it would mirage more than the barrel does. I'm mainly a pdog shooter, for reference.

Reactions: K80/6.5
@Zak Smith I was thinking of getting one of your SR equipped suppressors, and I'm intrigued by the Can Chaps covers as well.

Since those covers are tacky inside and can pretty much remain on the suppressor 100% of the time (even when installing and removing the can), here's a question: since the cover can't go over the SR mount, is that a big deal as far as mirage goes?

I don't know how hot that SR mount gets on a bolt action. If it gets really hot, then it would mirage more than the barrel does. I'm mainly a pdog shooter, for reference.
Thank you for asking I have one in jail that should be approved soon and was wondering that exact same thing.

Reactions: carbonbased