• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Suppressor Cover Suggestions

manscout

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Mar 5, 2017
Looking for a 7" suppressor cover. I'm aware of armageddon and tab. are there any others that are cheaper? Anyone have suggestions for a relatively easy diy version not requiring a sewing machine?

Both Cole-Tac and Rifles Only are currently running Black Friday specials on their suppressor covers. I ordered a Cole-Tac metal Python suppressor cover a few days ago which is currently "in production." Foolish of me not to have waited on the chance of a Black Friday sale.

However, I did take advantage of the Rifles Only sale to pick up a suppressor pouch.

In any case, quality of product from both of these companies is exceptional. I am sure you won't go wrong if you choose the Armageddon or Tab cover either.

theres a guy on the accessories for sale/trade section of this group that makes them. I purchased one and seems legit. very reasonable

Armageddon gear has 20% off right now with code “weekend20” I just ordered my suppressor cover yesterday.

DIY: Ribbed (or flat, depending on rate of fire) silicone dish drying mat or silicone pot holders. They work GREAT, cheap and easy. If you wish, cover with camo fabric and secure it with camo duct tape or Velcro. Mirage problems solved!!

I bought a Cole-Tac cover. It is top notch fast service also.

Another vote for Armageddon Gear. I have several, and they have been great.

I have 6 suppressors and have used a number of suppressor covers including the Armageddon cover. The cloth kevlar covers are nice looking but I find them difficult to secure to the suppressor. Cloth covers gradually creep forward with recoil. I’ve damaged covers when they creep far enough forward that the material interferes with the bullet. Perhaps others members on this forum will point out that I just never installed these covers correctly which is probably true.

I’ve also had cloth kevlar suppressor covers melt to my suppressors under heavy use.

I started using silicone silencer covers from Bowers Group a few years ago. They do gradually slip forward with recoil, however, very slowly. I’ve never had a griptastic cover slip to the point where it was close to slipping off nor have I melted one.

http://www.bowersgroup.com/product/griptasticsupcov-high-temp-silicone-silencer-covers/

There are other brands of silicone covers on the web and believe they likely work as well. I don’t think the griptastic covers look as nice as the cloth covers, however, they are idiot proof (good for me) are less expensive and work.

I have 6 suppressors and have used a number of suppressor covers including the Armageddon cover. The cloth kevlar covers are nice looking but I find them difficult to secure to the suppressor. Cloth covers gradually creep forward with recoil. I’ve damaged covers when they creep far enough forward that the material interferes with the bullet. Perhaps others members on this forum will point out that I just never installed these covers correctly which is probably true.

I’ve also had cloth kevlar suppressor covers melt to my suppressors under heavy use.

I started using silicone silencer covers from Bowers Group a few years ago. They do gradually slip forward with recoil, however, very slowly. I’ve never had a griptastic cover slip to the point where it was close to slipping off nor have I melted one.

http://www.bowersgroup.com/product/griptasticsupcov-high-temp-silicone-silencer-covers/

There are other brands of silicone covers on the web and believe they likely work as well. I don’t think the griptastic covers look as nice as the cloth covers, however, they are idiot proof (good for me) are less expensive and work.

I don't disagree with your comments regarding the silicone covers, but want to point out that Armageddon Gear covers are specifically designed to not move forward under fire, if you install them correctly. Mine doesn't move at all, with many thousands of rounds under it.

Swap Rat said -

"I don't disagree with your comments regarding the silicone covers, but want to point out that Armageddon Gear covers are specifically designed to not move forward under fire, if you install them correctly. Mine doesn't move at all, with many thousands of rounds under it."

Thanks Swap Rat - Like I said in my original post, I have used several suppressor covers including the Armageddon. Covers like the Armageddon look much nicer than the silicone covers. I just don't know how to attach them and keep them from slipping. I've also burned kevlar/cloth covers. I haven't burned a silicone cover (the highest rate of fire was with a LaRue 7.62) but that may change in the future given I have installed an Echo Trigger on my 5.56.

In the end, what matters to me is ease of use (Idiot proof), avoiding burns and reduced heat mirage. The silicone covers do that and as DeltaWhisky mentioned above "Easy on the Wallet!".

I should qualify that mine are on bolt guns. The silicone covers are no doubt better for use with an AR style weapon that will see higher rates of fire.

Have you experienced any issues with overheating the can using the silicone covers? i have an tbac ultra on a short barrel. it'll be used on a shorter magnum as well.