• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Suppressor cover?

Zback

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
May 8, 2019
It will be going on a Wilson Whisper on a thermal setup? What cover y’all recommend?

Buy Liberty's Defense if you want the best, it actually works as advertised for high heat and has the best attachment system.

Not super well known on this site but I just purchased a Rauch Precison cover and I’m pleased with the quality.

Buy Liberty's Defense if you want the best, it actually works as advertised for high heat and has the best attachment system.
Any experience with the SS cable heating up and burning your hand? Specifically when using over the Seekins hand guard when the suppressor is inside the hand guard.

Last edited:
Been searching far and wide for a suppressor solution like Liberty's Defense. They seem super expensive, but the video section of the website sold me. Anyways, they've got my business.

Any experience with the SS cable heating up and burning your hand? Specifically when using over the Seekins hand guard when the suppressor is inside the hand guard.

I've never been burned by it, the cable is only exposed partially on one side along with the bits in the spiral at each end. The rest of it is also covered by their kevlar material. I haven't tried using one as a handguard cover but you can cinch down the cover well enough that it won't rotate unless you want it to. The latch acts as a cam and tightens it even more when closing the clasp.

Reactions: db2000
I've never been burned by it, the cable is only exposed partially on one side along with the bits in the spiral at each end. The rest of it is also covered by their kevlar material. I haven't tried using one as a handguard cover but you can cinch down the cover well enough that it won't rotate unless you want it to. The latch acts as a cam and tightens it even more when closing the clasp.
They sell some specifically for Seekins and other brands hand guards is why I asked. Thanks for the response

I have ALWAYS been disappointed, and then I met a guy who makes suppressor covers with an asbestos core. Cold to the touch after Rock n’ Rolling four mags.
Once you try you will not go back. I think he orders it from India because it’s no longer made here.

If weight is not a big deal, I like my griptastic silicone cover

I have ALWAYS been disappointed, and then I met a guy who makes suppressor covers with an asbestos core. Cold to the touch after Rock n’ Rolling four mags.
Once you try you will not go back. I think he orders it from India because it’s no longer made here.
I'd like to know more about this.

I’ve got two Rifles Only HAD’s coming this week. Inner core takes 3k F and the outer wrap does 2k F so that sold me. Last thing I wanna do is melt the wrap on the can.

I went with one of these and have had no issues at all. Great support from them as well when I had stupid questions about installation and the cord wrap.

The silencerco brand covers work pretty well and dont twist or come off. I've been happy with mine and I have tried a few.

I have a Cole-Tac HTP on my Hybrid and a Cole-Tac high temp pouch for my Octane. They work well for me although I'm not a high speed low drag guy.