• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Suppressor covers

My Silencerco wrap melted onto my AAC SDN6 without running it hard just my .02 stay away.
However the Tabgear I've used on my harvester is 100% GTG.

Cole-Tac w/ high heat shield for an OPs Inc 12th Model - $95. Its 11.25" long.

Any thoughts on mirage mitigation of silicone (Bowers or Weka MOA Stealth) vs other top “layered” brands (PU, HAD, AG, CT etc) appreciated.

Any thoughts on mirage mitigation of silicone (Bowers or Weka MOA Stealth) vs other top “layered” brands (PU, HAD, AG, CT etc) appreciated.
I’ve never used a silicone cover but I would guess that a medium rate of fire is going to heat it up pretty quickly. There is not much insulating going on with a straight silicone cover. It’s going to heat up fairly quickly. Our cover has a layer of fiberglass, a layer of silicone, and a layer of carbon fiber underneath the nylon. The different materials and the air gaps between and inside the layers is where the insulating properties come into play. Heat transfers quickly through a single, dense material. It is slowed dramatically when different materials are layered with air in between. IMO for mirage mitigation a layered, insulated cover is the way to go. For mag dumps and protection from burns a polymer or silicone cover is better.

Another important part is how tightly the cover is pressed against the suppressor. The way ours installs there is no need to strangle it onto the can like some of the covers out there. That means a lot more rounds fired without heat transferring. Put a pot of water on the stove and once it gets near boiling grab the handle and press the pot down onto the burner. You can hear and see how much faster the heat is transferred. So we want as light of a connection between the cover and the can as possible to slow the heat transfer. So a cover that can stay put without being wrapped extremely tight will be much more effective than one that needs to be strapped and cinched all the way down. Look at videos where nylon covers melt. It’s always on the straps or the cord where it’s pulled so tight the heat is just flowing through. So any cover that uses friction to stay on is going to transfer heat much faster.

Been looking at the Cole-tacs and Armageddon gear. Not sure if i would like the velcro or not

I have two Cole-Tac covers. Have a HTP and a Metal Python. They both slip, no matter how tight you cinch it down. This thread reminded me to email them about getting the tie off cord added to keep that from happening.

Should have just went with the precision underground, as it's built in, not an added cost.

Reactions: goatboy
Haven’t had an issue with Cole-Tac slipping, but my AG one has under recoil. Have a Rauch coming in but it’s going in on a 22 can so doubt I’ll have to worry much there.

I have a SiCo cover and while I like it very much it does slip. Pulled the trigger on a Precision Underground cover this morning!

I have been using the rauch precision covers and they work good they have to different options on has a sleeve and an outer cover and the other is just a straight cover. The on with the sleeve is more expensive

I have several I use, Armageddon or similar, for me the can cover serves two purposes. First to help mitigate mirage from a hot can while shooting and second to avoid burning flesh and gear. To that end I have to say the Rugged can covers have proved to be my favorite, sadly they are pricey at $75ish.

ETA- the Rugged covers also stay on very well so no chasing them downrange....:ROFLMAO:

No mention of Magpul in this thread so far. Does anyone like the Magpul covers?

I have an armageddon gear for an omega 30 and just got a rauch precision pro for a sandman Ti. They’re both nice, the rauch pro is heavy as hell but well made. The non pro version is cheaper and should work just fine as well, I think they have a 20% off sale going on right now too.

I’ve been running the Armageddon Gear cover for about a month now, and I really do like it. It has gotten kind of hot too given the time of year, and no real complaints. It’s only seen action on my bolt action rifle, but it has lived up to my expectations so far.

I have an armageddon gear for an omega 30 and just got a rauch precision pro for a sandman Ti. They’re both nice, the rauch pro is heavy as hell but well made. The non pro version is cheaper and should work just fine as well, I think they have a 20% off sale going on right now too.

Is there a code for the discount? I don't see it on the website?