• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressor covers

Hattrick

Private
Minuteman
Jan 16, 2014
Let’s talk Suppressor covers pro’s con’s of different brands. I’ve been looking and my heads spinning

I use Armageddon

Works excellent and the cover tightens behind the suppressor which keeps it from sliding forward when shooting
30B6E75F-C28B-4EFA-93F3-2C615DD8C0A8.png

I was looking at the coltacs they seem priced fair I see others twice the money

Just bought my first suppressor yesterday and I'm looking at the Cole-tac or Armageddon. I haven't decided but I'm sure I have 6 months but those seem to be the favorites

I also use the Armageddon and there great. Rauch precision had a sale going and bought one of there’s. I haven’t used it yet but doesn’t have the cord that cinches down behind like the Armageddon so can’t think it’s going to stay on very well.

My experience is you should make sure the cover is attached from the rear. Accuracy goes south on mine if the front of the cover slips ahead of the muzzle end.

I like the Armageddon design for that reason.

My experience is you should make sure the cover is attached from the rear. Accuracy goes south on mine if the front of the cover slips ahead of the muzzle end.

I like the Armageddon design for that reason.
As someone who doesn't have any experience with suppressors as mine is at the dealer right now. How far forward was your cover going that it started affecting accuracy?

Not much. Maybe an inch or two.

Same problem if the can comes loose.

Caliber may make a difference. Mine is on a 338 LM.
Thanks. I was already planning on going with an Armagedon gear as it is the best priced and great reviews but this just re-enforces.

If you get the AG get the standard/non hi-temp version. The high temp comes with Kevlar cords that are a pain in the balls to tighten. To the point that you likely won’t get the wrap around the rear. The standard comes with bungee cord and is MUCH easier to work with.

Reactions: YotaEer
Another vote for Armageddon gear, I have a couple, one with paracord cords and one with bungie chords. I think it might be quicker to loosen the paracord version than the bungie version to let the can cool while the rifle cools, but it's not a big difference. This thread reminded me that I probably need to go ahead and order a new Armageddon cover for my Nomad Ti as it should be getting close to approval.

Thanks for the advice I have a Tion Dragoon 30 cal I’ll be calling AG tomorrow to see if they can fit it

I’ll put ours against any one listed here. Shock cord is cheap and sucks, we use kevlar. Kevlar that’s complicated sucks, ours literally takes 5 seconds to install as long as you do it right. Ours will be easier to install, stay put, and look better than any one out there or you can send it back.

Let’s talk Suppressor covers pro’s con’s of different brands. I’ve been looking and my heads spinning

for the money I bought neoprene from
Amazon & cut my kids old inter tube into little rubber bands (3/4 wide) and and use that to rubber band around the neoprene.

in 100+F AZ heat I don’t have the mirage problems I had before my cheap mod. I went with 3/8” thick and I can grab my can w shooting gloves and not get burnt.

I considered getting some tacticool material to put over the neoprene but that just increases the cool factor and right now IDGAF about looking cool. That may change.

total cost $10

pros:
Effective
Affordable
Pragmatic
Repeatable

Cons:
Get called a poor
No one thinks it’s cool
Didn’t get any neat stickers

Reactions: Huskydriver
I have a SilencerCo cover that is rebranded from someone else. It’s two part. A neoprene high temp sleeve and a cover with some Velcro closures. Only on really long strings does it sneak forward 1/2” and that won’t degrade accuracy on my AR10 or AR15, both of which are 3/4” guns.

I like that I can take it off easy so after a stage (8-15 rounds) I can pull it off pulling toward the action so the cover rests on the barrel and let it cool without issue and slip it back on easy enough in a few minutes which helps dissipate heat between strings because while it limits mirage early on in the string, at 20+ rounds it won’t, and if I get the can and muzzle really good and hot (12 or 15 round string) then shoot a mulligan, (another 12-15, 30 total) I will be vertically stringing, a lot.

I like that it wasn’t $200, but doesn’t look cheap. Plus I have melted shit to most of my cans (since I am an idiot, and like to do it on the first outing) so this is a nice solution to not look quite so stupid.

YMMV

MM

Reactions: RTharp
@Precision Underground, your cover is 50% more expensive than the AG high temp cover. Is there a difference in your materials used vs the AG cover to justify the additional cost?
@Precision Underground

I don't have one of Jesse's can covers...my can is still in jail, should have bought it long ago , my error....but if its like his rest bags then it will be outstanding. And, I absolutely believe him when he says if you don't like it, send it back.

I run the precision underground can cover on my ultra 9. Hella fuckin good. Top notch quality, doesn’t slide forward, the internal part is stitched to the sleeve. I very much prefer it over my coletac cover.
3E3EB90F-7B21-4A72-AD52-A9B10E0161B4.jpeg

@Precision Underground, your cover is 50% more expensive than the AG high temp cover. Is there a difference in your materials used vs the AG cover to justify the additional cost?

I’m not exactly sure what materials AG uses but ours is as top notch as it gets. We use a fiberglass/high temp silicone sleeve, carbon fiber felt, cordura, kevlar cord and kevlar thread. They are works of art as much as they are functional. I guarantee if you buy one of each and set them side by side you’ll see the difference. If you buy both and decide you would rather keep the AG just send ours back.

I run the precision underground can cover on my ultra 9. Hella fuckin good. Top notch quality, doesn’t slide forward, the internal part is stitched to the sleeve. I very much prefer it over my coletac cover.View attachment 7671348
@Precision Underground

I don't have one of Jesse's can covers...my can is still in jail, should have bought it long ago , my error....but if its like his rest bags then it will be outstanding. And, I absolutely believe him when he says if you don't like it, send it back.
Much appreciated fellas 👊🏻

I bought one from @Precision Underground before I even had my can (I think they were running some sort of pre-order deal i wanted to jump on), so it was one of the first to come off the line. I think it was also the first one made for the TBAC 338SR. I ran into one issue where the sleeve slid off the "middle part" (for lack of a better term) and they not only corrected the design and made those changes on my cover, but shortened the cover to better fit the SR (which was due to me not measuring correctly initially), and did so while covering shipping both ways and did it with a very short turnaround.
Oh yea, and the functionality and craftsmanship is top of the line. No way Ill go with anyone else going forward.

Up north. Pawnee sportsman center. I do pass Ft Carson when I go down to Raton tho!

Reactions: Huskydriver
I bought one from @Precision Underground before I even had my can (I think they were running some sort of pre-order deal i wanted to jump on), so it was one of the first to come off the line. I think it was also the first one made for the TBAC 338SR. I ran into one issue where the sleeve slid off the "middle part" (for lack of a better term) and they not only corrected the design and made those changes on my cover, but shortened the cover to better fit the SR (which was due to me not measuring correctly initially), and did so while covering shipping both ways and did it with a very short turnaround.
Oh yea, and the functionality and craftsmanship is top of the line. No way Ill go with anyone else going forward.
Thank you sir. Yep we made a few design changes along the way as we learned more. I think what we have now is the nicest cover you can get. The only issue we ever have is guys not putting them on right. It’s incredibly easy but the cord has to wrap in a very specific way to hold as it should and be simple. Slide cover on, slide loops off the cover and onto barrel, cinch the cord lock. Then you reverse that to take it off. I think guys are so used to having to do some complicated wrapping and strangling maneuver they think they need to do more. You should be able to put it on in 3-5 seconds and take it off in 3-5 seconds. If you do it right that’s exactly how long it takes.

Reactions: tmcgowan1911
Thank you sir. Yep we made a few design changes along the way as we learned more. I think what we have now is the nicest cover you can get. The only issue we ever have is guys not putting them on right. It’s incredibly easy but the cord has to wrap in a very specific way to hold as it should and be simple. Slide cover on, slide loops off the cover and onto barrel, cinch the cord lock. Then you reverse that to take it off. I think guys are so used to having to do some complicated wrapping and strangling maneuver they think they need to do more. You should be able to put it on in 3-5 seconds and take it off in 3-5 seconds. If you do it right that’s exactly how long it takes.
As asked before. Can you explain what is different about yours and the Armegeddon Gear one to justify the double price?

As asked before. Can you explain what is different about yours and the Armegeddon Gear one to justify the double price?
Those are bad maths. $80 vs $125 is not double the price. $160 would be double the price. I’m not an expert on AG covers and I’m not sure what materials they use. We don’t set our prices according to what other companies prices are. We feel like our cover is worth $125. The offer stands for anyone to buy both covers and feel free to send ours back if you don’t think it’s worth the extra $45.

Those are bad maths. $80 vs $125 is not double the price. $160 would be double the price. I’m not an expert on AG covers and I’m not sure what materials they use. We don’t set our prices according to what other companies prices are. We feel like our cover is worth $125. The offer stands for anyone to buy both covers and feel free to send ours back if you don’t think it’s worth the extra $45.
So I appreciate the smart reply. And I realize I missed your explanation further up in the post. And with the mil discount yes it is almost double the price. But thanks again.

So I appreciate the smart reply. And I realize I missed your explanation further up in the post. And with the mil discount yes it is almost double the price. But thanks again.
Did you ask if they offer a mil discount as well? You seem hellbent on not liking it, so just dont buy it and ignore the topic.

Did you ask if they offer a mil discount as well? You seem hellbent on not liking it, so just dont buy it and ignore the topic.
I am not hellbent on not liking it. I was honestly interested in what they had as the differences and admitted to not seeing their response prior. But a smart answer of 80 vs 125 not being double that double would be 160 in my eyes deserves an equal response. I admit I missed their explanation of the quality of theirs and not knowing the exact info on the AG.

I am not hellbent on not liking it. I was honestly interested in what they had as the differences and admitted to not seeing their response prior. But a smart answer of 80 vs 125 not being double that double would be 160 in my eyes deserves an equal response. I admit I missed their explanation of the quality of theirs and not knowing the exact info on the AG.
Well did you ask if they offer a mil discount?
Its not a bad answer - $35 is a long ways from "double the price", youd have to add 28% to the current retail price to bring it up to double the price.

I have Cole tac and Armageddon gear ( standard and hi temp.) I prefer the Armageddon gear hi temp version. Stays in place and mitigates mirage awesome.