• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressor covers

Well did you ask if they offer a mil discount?
Its not a bad answer - $35 is a long ways from "double the price", youd have to add 28% to the current retail price to bring it up to double the price.
Honestly no I didn't and that is a valid question. I admittedly also didn't look at their price and was going of another quote on here that called it double price. Yes I should of checked the pricing and read replies better instead of being focused on what the differences were having missed the earlier reply stating their information.

Have you used CB?
my only complaint with TBAC is they still put threads ahead of the taper on teh CB mounts. Short of rendering all previous gens obsolete, I cant see why they continue w/ that design.
The correct order of taper then threads on the SR is why I went that route too.

Reactions: BurtGummer
Those are bad maths. $80 vs $125 is not double the price. $160 would be double the price. I’m not an expert on AG covers and I’m not sure what materials they use. We don’t set our prices according to what other companies prices are. We feel like our cover is worth $125. The offer stands for anyone to buy both covers and feel free to send ours back if you don’t think it’s worth the extra $45.
I’ve never even heard of your company but I am in the market for a few more covers for some cans that are getting out of jail soon and after reading your post and checking it out I’ll be picking up a few of yours. Cheers.

I like my Rifles Only HAD. Precision Underground looks similar, and I'll take a good look at them for my next suppressor cover. Thanks for the info!
DSCF1405.JPG

I’ve never even heard of your company but I am in the market for a few more covers for some cans that are getting out of jail soon and after reading your post and checking it out I’ll be picking up a few of yours. Cheers.
Great company and outstanding to deal with. Have there shooting bag which are amazing. I ordered a col-tac cover I didn't realize they made suppressor covers or spaced it out or I would of went with there's.

I've had Armageddon Gear high temp and Rifles Only HAD. I prefer the HAD on semi autos. I have some for other caliber bolt gun cans that aren't out of jail yet. Nothing wrong with Armageddon Gear, I just think the Rifles Only is better.

Attachments

• IMG_20210623_141111_604.jpg
    IMG_20210623_141111_604.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 119
O
Those are bad maths. $80 vs $125 is not double the price. $160 would be double the price. I’m not an expert on AG covers and I’m not sure what materials they use. We don’t set our prices according to what other companies prices are. We feel like our cover is worth $125. The offer stands for anyone to buy both covers and feel free to send ours back if you don’t think it’s worth the extra $45.

It seems to me your maths are the bad maths. If I want to buy another one of the same covers I already own from AG for my second Nomad, it will cost me $69.

Per your website, a cover for my can (1.735") will run $130.

$130 is $61 more than $69. So by any stretch of the imagination, $130 is almost double $69.... Which is exactly what the man said.

O

It seems to me your maths are the bad maths. If I want to buy another one of the same covers I already own from AG for my second Nomad, it will cost me $69.

$130 is $61 more than $69. So by any stretch of the imagination, $130 is almost double $69.... Which is exactly what the man said.
Now, I know you didn't start this.....

Precision Underground makes some nice looking stuff. Appears to be quality fit and feel, and clearly, they are transparent in the details of their cover.

Let's back off the guy. If you don't like his stuff, move on. The "math" discussion was yesterday, and has been squashed. This is turning into the same thing as shitting in someone's PX thread.

I don't own a cover yet, for any of my cans. I was gonna buy the HAD, simply because I have a lot of RO nylon gear and it works well. Now, ill be buying Precision Underground's cover.

Fuck off and move on. If you don't like the guys price, close your mouth and shop elsewhere.

O

Lol how much time did you spend on this little investigation? Why are you using the price for the AG non-hi temp version for your comparison? That cover is not even in the same class as ours. Yes our oversized covers are $5 more. That’s because the aerospace sleeving we use gets more expensive as it gets bigger. Why doesn’t AG do that? I’m not sure, probably because they don’t use sleeving like we do.

So yes, if you take their cheapest cover and put it against our most expensive cover you can make it look like ours costs $61 more. But reality is you’re comparing apples to oranges. IMO even their high temp cover vs ours is apples to oranges but I digress.

You know we used to offer a non-high temp version for $79 literally just to keep morons like you from playing these games. That’s the only reason we put it on the site. But nobody ever bought that version and I spent hours per week explaining to people what the difference was. So how about this... If you want a non-high temp version made out of shock cord, insulation, and nylon, we’ll make you one for $79. Let me know and I’ll send you an invoice for it. If not how about you move on to more important tasks and stop confusing people with ignorant comparisons.

Last edited:
We appreciate it sir and are happy to set you up!

Reactions: Darkside-Six
Lol how much time did you spend on this little investigation? Why are you using the price for the AG non-hi temp version for your comparison? That cover is not even in the same class as ours. Yes our oversized covers are $5 more. That’s because the aerospace sleeving we use gets more expensive as it gets bigger. Why doesn’t AG do that? I’m not sure, probably because they don’t use sleeving like we do.

So yes, if you take their cheapest cover and put it against our most expensive cover you can make it look like ours costs $61 more. But reality is you’re comparing apples to oranges. IMO even their high temp cover vs ours is apples to oranges but I digress.

You know we used to offer a non-high temp version for $79 literally just to keep morons like you from playing these games. That’s the only reason we put it on the site. But nobody ever bought that version and I spent hours per week explaining to people what the difference was. So how about this... If you want a non-high temp version made out of shock cord, insulation, and nylon, we’ll make you one for $79. Let me know and I’ll send you an invoice for it. If not how about you move on to more important tasks and stop confusing people with ignorant comparisons.

No need to get so saucy just because you got called on your bull-shit maths big guy. That wasn't an ignorant comparison, it's exactly what it would cost me to buy the next cover I'm currently looking to pick up.

To answer your question it took 5 ish minutes to make sure the numbers I remembered were correct, and look at your site.

I compared to the versions of the AG covers I have, which have been working fine for years. Maybe the high temp version is better for mag dumping or whatever, but for the type of shooting this site was built around, my "apples" do a great job keeping heat distortion out of my line of sight, what do your "Oranges" do better for nearly twice the cost, besides feed and clothe an asshole.

The other poster asked the same question and as far as I can tell your answer was basically that you didn't know what AG uses in their covers, but that you "feel like your cover is worth $125".... Lol ok.

Thanks for the petty insults and sarcastic offer, but I think I'll pass.

Last edited:
Now, I know you didn't start this.....

Precision Underground makes some nice looking stuff. Appears to be quality fit and feel, and clearly, they are transparent in the details of their cover.

Let's back off the guy. If you don't like his stuff, move on. The "math" discussion was yesterday, and has been squashed. This is turning into the same thing as shitting in someone's PX thread.

I don't own a cover yet, for any of my cans. I was gonna buy the HAD, simply because I have a lot of RO nylon gear and it works well. Now, ill be buying Precision Underground's cover.

Fuck off and move on. If you don't like the guys price, close your mouth and shop elsewhere.
Old boy started this thread looking for discussion on cover options, of which there is more than just PU. PU turned it into a PX thread for their stuff while dumping on other manufacturers.

This wasn't PUs thread and other covers can be discussed here. It doesn't sound like you have any experience with the topic at hand or desire to discuss options, so you can buy whatever you want, fuck off and move on.

Old boy started this thread looking for discussion on cover options, of which there is more than just PU. PU turned it into a PX thread for their stuff while dumping on other manufacturers.

This wasn't PUs thread and other covers can be discussed here. It doesn't sound like you have any experience with the topic at hand or desire to discuss options, so you can buy whatever you want, fuck off and move on.
I wouldn't say PU turned it into a PX thread other than letting the OP know about their covers. I also wouldn't say PU dumped on other brands other than saying he feels theirs are better. If anything PU turned it into a sass session about comments others posted which each person can decide how they want to deal with that as in not care or not guy PU. But this thread really makes me think everyone on this site is turning into a bunch of snow flakes because you can't say anything without people being offended and getting their feelings hurt.

You're right; I don't own any cool kid covers. So maybe I just shouldn't comment, right? I'm researching these things too, just like the OP. I've been on this site long enough to learn a lot, always been thankful for it. I've also been on this site long enough to spot the dick riders, when they show up. Everything here turns out this way. The fucking cool kid crowd comes in and shits on the guy they don't like. I was more than interested in hearing about what's in each of these covers. I want one that will last. So yes, I was here to discuss options, or I wouldn't have been in the thread. Fucking moron.

You're right; I don't own any cool kid covers. So maybe I just shouldn't comment, right? I'm researching these things too, just like the OP. I've been on this site long enough to learn a lot, always been thankful for it. I've also been on this site long enough to spot the dick riders, when they show up. Everything here turns out this way. The fucking cool kid crowd comes in and shits on the guy they don't like. I was more than interested in hearing about what's in each of these covers. I want one that will last. So yes, I was here to discuss options, or I wouldn't have been in the thread. Fucking moron.
They aren't cool kid covers, they're just basically burn resistant socks for your can to tamp down on heat distortion in your scope. That's kind of the point, if cheaper ones meet the need and folks can't explain how better is actually better for a given application, other than listing fancy materials, then maybe save that money and spend it where it actually buys better. $61 doesn't mean a whole lot to me, but once you get a few cans (7th is on the way, so ~$400 difference to put socks on all of them?) It can add up, so it's worth putting a little thought into what your actual requirements are and not just buying whatever is priciest, flashiest or loudest.

IME the most important requirements for a can sock are that they insulate well enough to allow for moderate strings of fire (~10-20 rds .223/6.5G/whatever you're shooting) without heat distortion becoming a problem, and that they do not slide forward under fire.

Last edited:
Reactions: AMGtuned
@Gtscotty one of the cans I need to cover, is for my 10.5" carbine, the other a .300wm bolt gun. So a similar need, but different requirements. I agree with you in investing properly; my number one pet peeve is things that don't work, so I intend to purchase things that will endure.

Excuse me but fuck off. I try to make a point to not dump on other companies’ gear. Claiming that we aim to make the best gear doesn’t mean I’m dumping on everything else. My first post said that I believe ours looks better, works as good or better, and is easier to use than anything else out there. To back that up we offer a money back guarantee. I was asked directly how ours is better and I could have used that as an opportunity to dump on others but I didn’t. I didn’t turn it into a PX thread I mentioned ours and then only answered questions that were asked. I think it was about 3-4 posts over 36 hours.

So not only did you make a sneaky and dishonest comparison between our most expensive cover vs AGs cheapest in order to try to play “gotcha” like a leftist, now you’re claiming that I’m shitting on other peoples gear which is not true. If you like AG covers that’s great. You seem very sure that ours isn’t any better and that’s fine but it’s also ignorant because you’ve never even seen or held one of ours. You have no clue what you’re talking about.

We have a standing guarantee that you can send it back if you don’t think it’s better than what’s out there. I’m putting my money where my mouth is. I don’t need you putting your mouth where my money is so piss off and go find another cause. Blind reviews and price comparisons between apples and oranges aren’t helpful to anyone.

Last edited:
Excuse me but fuck off. I try to make a point to not dump on other companies’ gear. Claiming that we aim to make the best gear doesn’t mean I’m dumping on everything else. My first post said that I believe ours looks better, works as good or better, and is easier to use than anything else out there. To back that up we offer a money back guarantee. I was asked directly how ours is better and I could have used that as an opportunity to dump on others but I didn’t.

So not only did you make a sneaky and dishonest comparison between our most expensive cover vs AGs cheapest in order to try to play “gotcha” like a leftist, now you’re claiming that I’m shitting on other peoples gear which is not true. If you like AG covers that’s great. You seem very sure that ours isn’t any better and that’s fine but it’s also ignorant because you’ve never even seen or held one of ours. You have no clue what you’re talking about.

We have a standing guarantee that you can send it back if you don’t think it’s better than what’s out there. I’m putting my money where my mouth. I don’t need you putting your mouth where my money is so piss off and go find another cause. Blind reviews and price comparisons between apples and oranges aren’t helpful to anyone.

Sneaky and dishonest my Ass, you must be thinking of when you initially cherry picked your comparison costs to minimize the delta. I told you why I compared those two, even the actual can I'm shopping for. You just don't like the answer so you're pretending the comparison was somehow a lie, the prices are right there online though, show me the lie? Where's the lower heat version of your sock online? I'll compare. Or is the low heat version the $79 "Fuck-You Special" that "definitely used to exist" and that you'll bring out of retirement just for me?

You make a more expensive commodity than what's already available, it is what it is. If folks like AMGtuner have very high heat needs, they can go with high heat versions from any number of manufacturers. They can even buy yours if they think it's worth the extra scratch, I wouldn't, because I think you're a raging dildo, but they can.

Last edited:
Sneaky and dishonest my Ass, you must be thinking of when you initially cherry picked your comparison costs to minimize the delta. I told you why I compared those two, even the actual can I'm shopping for. You just don't like the answer so you're pretending the comparison was somehow a lie, the prices are right there online though, show me the lie? Where's the lower heat version of your sock online? I'll compare. Or is the low heat version the $79 "Fuck-You Special" that "definitely used to exist" and that you'll bring out of retirement just for me?

You make a more expensive commodity than what's already available, it is what it is. If folks like AMGtuner have very high heat needs, they can go with high heat versions from any number of manufacturers. They can even buy yours if they think it's worth the extra scratch, I wouldn't, because I think you're a raging dildo, but they can.
Youre coming off as a real jackass to everyone else just fyi

Lol. So by that logic I guess you call a Ford F250 overpriced because you only need the F150. Your comparison of two different classes of a product is asinine. The fact that you don’t feel like you need a high temp model doesn’t make your comparison any less ridiculous.

And yes, we used to offer a stripped down version of our cover for $79, now that I look back at it it was $69-$79 depending on the cord used....but go ahead and be sarcastic and accuse me of making that up. You’re on a roll.
Here’s the product from the website that we swapped back to draft state once I got sick of explaining the difference only for people to buy the better one. I also asked myself why I was going through that trouble just to satisfy people like you who have nothing better to do than make a stand on this ridiculous hill.

DBE751B6-FC3B-4D23-A1B5-13DFB158EA60.jpeg

Last edited:
Just pulled the trigger on a Precision Underground for my Q Jumbo Shrimp. First suppressor cover, and I am excited to get rid of that damned heat mirage!!! Looking forward to receiving this cover is an under statement..;.:p

Affirm. It’s a critical element. A guy might as well buy this as soon as his form 4 is cleared. They heat up so fast that unless you’re deer hunting, any strings longer than 3 rds are going to heat up enough to cause mirage

I have Cole-Tac Corset suppressor covers on all of my suppressors and love them. I just tell them the suppressor measurements, and it shows up at my door, to my specification. Great company, and they're really nice to deal with on the phone too.

I'm going to buy both, Armageddon Gear high temp and Precision Underground high temp for my 1.57 outter diameter 10" inch suppressor and I'll report back here on my findings. They're both great but I think material wise the winner will be the one who used all quality material.
The problems with covers are that they don't last, or one part of it burns first. If a company just made a cover made purely of fire proof material then we're talkin. Mix one burnable thing into a cover (like the cord) and it's trash. Also you do not want metal or velocro on any cover. That's just not good designing. Armageddon Gear and Precision Underground seem to have got this right but Precision Underground may be using more fire proof material. I haven't seen the Armageddon Gear cover yet.

Precision Underground builds nice stuff.
Just for fun and to piss off the Gear whores, my lovely wife made this cover for me.

It began life as a fishing lure cover and was converted to a perfectly fitting 1.5x8" supressor cover.
She removed all of the velcro and the liner.
She then sewed welding blanket to the inside and attached the velcro to where it was needed.
Her added touch was the Squirrel Mafia patch.
20220321_181339.jpg

The finished product:

20220321_181547.jpg

20220321_181556.jpg

Free welding blanket, $6 for a pair of the covers and an hour of her time.

The looks?
Priceless...

Just for fun and to piss off the Gear whores, my lovely wife made this cover for me.

It began life as a fishing lure cover and was converted to a perfectly fitting 1.5x8" supressor cover.
She then sewed welding blanket to the inside and attached the velcro to where it was needed.
Her added touch was the Squirrel Mafia patch.View attachment 7832686

The finished product:

View attachment 7832688

View attachment 7832689

The looks?
Priceless...
Friggin awesome! Bravo 👏 Creativity at its finest.

Her added touch was the Squirrel Mafia patch.View attachment 7832686

The finished product:

View attachment 7832688

View attachment 7832689

The looks?
Priceless...
Hey Mike, what's the blue stuff on the suppressor in the first pic???

Looks like some quality MS Paint, to cover up engraving 🤷‍♂️
Ah, prob right. It did look sort of artificial and out of place which is why I asked. Also, while it looks 3D and even has a small bit that extends past the edge of the can, there were no shadows cast.

I'm sure you are right. Thanks

Reactions: AMGtuned
If I had a decent sewing machine and the physical ability you're damn straight I would be sewing up some covers.
Can't tell me there's no market and can't tell me selling a quality one at $60 wouldn't make you some serious profit.

Why has no one done this ?

If I had a decent sewing machine and the physical ability you're damn straight I would be sewing up some covers.
Can't tell me there's no market and can't tell me selling a quality one at $60 wouldn't make you some serious profit.

Why has no one done this ?
There is a guy on Form1.org that did just this. He makes a nice cover. Pretty sure he's on IG/FB also. Don't own one, but his reviews are decent

Black Hills Gear for sure. Have 4 or 5 and never have had any slip.

Holy Shit.
I was stationed with Paul, the owner of Black Hills Gear.

For that reason alone, I'm going to buy one of his supressor covers.
I've seen Paul's work and attention to detail for many years.
Totally top notch.

Holy Shit.
I was stationed with Paul, the owner of Black Hills Gear.

For that reason alone, I'm going to buy one of his supressor covers.
I've seen Paul's work and attention to detail for many years.
Totally top notch.
I just ordered a suppressor cover from Black Hills Gear (Paul) for my Tac Ops can. Outstanding guy to deal with, I can't wait to check out his work!
I'll be sure to post up some pics when I get it...
DW

So far I'm very impressed with Black Hills Gear! Made to order can cover in my hand in 5 days, and the quality is excellent!

delta51 8.jpg
Delta51 2.jpg

DW

Last edited:
Figured I’d add my recent cover experience. Love my Armageddon as stated above. For my TBAC it’s perfect

For my saker 556 and Omega 36M I don’t like it. Trying to slide the cover over the locking collar sucks.

Just my observations recently