• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors suppressor. for 17 HMR

I would expect a quality .22LR can to be a good option for this... one rated for .22 magnum and/or 5.7x28. Having played with only two .22 cans (SiCo Sparrow and TacSol Axiom), I am confident that either of them would be a good option for you. That said, if I were to buy a .22 can right now, it'd be a TBAC.

I really like my tikka T1x 17 hmr, and shoot it far more than any .22. I have a TBAC, Mask, Sparrow, and EA NYX 2. They all work fine on it. Before I got the NYX, the TBAC was the favorite hands down. Fair bit lighter than the rest. Can’t go wrong with it. The NYX 2 is lighter still, modular, 100% TI, same suppression to my ear, and same cost.

When I do shoot a .22, I run the NYX in short configuration with standard velocity ammo. Awesome!

Reactions: Guns&WhiteWater
I had my Ruger 77/17 threaded and use my TBAC takedown 22. Works excellent. I have no issues, maybe just bias because it is mine, but I prefer it over the sparrow of my buddies.

I just ordered a Dead Air Mask 22 HD yesterday. From the videos I’ve watched very quiet and one of the best out there. Tbac 22 takedown is right with it. Can’t go wrong with either. Spotty on who has either one in stock though.

Have a silencerco ridgeback that i run on a 17 wsm and various 22LR. Works great and is length configurable. Mask and takedown 22 are at the top of the heap as well.

I have a bunch of rimfire cans, and they are all good because why would you go cheap when you have to pay a $200 tax on them. My favorite of all of them is the Rugged Oculus. It's very quiet and has great tone. It's also very easy to take apart and clean. It also seems to shoot the smallest groups on my Vudoo. That was a bit of a surprise. I expected either the TBAC or the Mask to be more accurate.

Reactions: 92G