• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Suppressor for a 40 cal semi-auto pistol

Re: Suppressor for a 40 cal semi-auto pistol

762,,,thanks for tip; went to their site, my cmptr will not run their video's....hmmmmmmm...

When I looked at other Suppressors for the 40 ....upon closer examination of each picture shown by the parent company the round diameter seemed to nullify the use of the open sights; a bit of trickery here: on the YHill site the GLOCK has OVER SIZED sights to see over the Suppressor body.... GemTech's picture is backgrounded in 'dark' and the sight plane is a bit obsecure.....

The Osprey is quite different..

+1 for the 45Osprey

You can suppress whatever the hell caliber you want, by simply changing the pistons.

Pigeon-holing yourself with a caliber specific can is stupid, especially when a multi-caliber can like the osprey does just as well, and can be used for much more.

Cant go wrong with the AAC Tirant in 45.

Silencerco Osprey in 40 is pretty wicked on an HK tactical 40. I would look at that

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: beltloop[MikeSr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">]Suppressor suggestions for a S&W M&P 40... </div></div>

Osprey is pretty much the only game in town for super quiet .40.
I sell a lot of them.

The only can that comes close is these.

BruggerThomet001.jpg

BruggerThomet002.jpg

I like my Evo .40. Its much better wet than dry.

Multi cal cans are good. But lets face the facts here. Once that addiction bites and takes hold, and it will. Youll want different cans for different hosts

YUP......
Osprey ,450
ya might get another pistolla one day and you will be ready to go quiet !! It works on my Glock .40 great !!!

...again, 45 Osprey is the best bang for the buck. It takes less than a minute to change the pistons. This is the most innovative can on the market.

While I am saving for an Osprey .45 for my SBR running .300 blk

I would suggest no matter what you get get a .45 can..

osprey 40. 45osprey is too loud vs the 40 osprey.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 300WSM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">osprey 40. 45osprey is too loud vs the 40 osprey. </div></div>

and both are louder than a 45..

40 is never going to be quiet unless he reloads for it... and if he is doing subsonics the .45 would work..

friends don't let friends buy 40 cal cans.

40 out of 40 is less than 45 out of 45

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sweetbeard</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 300WSM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">osprey 40. 45osprey is too loud vs the 40 osprey. </div></div>

and both are louder than a 45..

40 is never going to be quiet unless he reloads for it... and if he is doing subsonics the .45 would work..

friends don't let friends buy 40 cal cans. </div></div>

You are wrong. I run Winchester Ranger 40cal (subsonics) and my 40 osprey is one of the quietest suppressors I have shot.

The 45ACP is naturally already subsonic. So It suppresses the easiest. 9mm being popular as well because you can shoot 147gr and get below the threshold of to much speed to make it subsonic.

all of the factory load, non +P's 180's in 40SW are subsonic, and they still suck to suppress unless you like to run them wet IMHO

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tom Olson</div><div class="ubbcode-body">all of the factory load, non +P's 180's in 40SW are subsonic, and they still suck to suppress unless you like to run them wet IMHO </div></div>

Who do they suck? I run the Osprey dry and it's right there with my 9mm's

only advantage 9 osprey has over 40 osrey is it's 1" shorter.