• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Suppressor/ Gel

FNARSHOOTER

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 13, 2010
Ga
Saw a suppressor that used gel and a shoot thru plug(so the gel did not run out while you carried it muzzle down) Worked great I just can't remember the name. The plug healed it self and lasted a long time. Anybody ever see one?

Do not know if this is what you want but I use wire pulling gel from home depot on my Osprey45.

Firefighting gel is phenomenal as a wetting agent.
Wirepulling gel is great, as is ultrasound gel and beer. I kid you not.

The gel part I understand its the plug that impressed me after many 9mm shots it looked like new

Thompson Machine uses neoprene "wipes" is that what you are referring to as plugs? Watch some of there you tube videos and you will see them install them.

I use clear wire pulling gel from Lowes in an Osprey 45 and Sparrow 22

The gel part I understand its the plug that impressed me after many 9mm shots it looked like new

Brooks from Thompson Machine gave me a posieden because I told him it couldn't be as quiet as he said. I was wrong. The thing is tiny, and surprisingly, the wipes don't hurt accuracy too badly.

Yeah I think the wire guide gel is the best shit out there, it takes a few rounds to get it hot enough to start breaking it down, and even after that it last a while.