• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressor Help

fords4life

Private
Minuteman
Feb 23, 2021
Colorado
So I am new to suppressors and looking for a little help. I have a Bolt gun I'm 6.5cm and will be building a 6.5 grendel gas gun in the next couple weeks. I'm thinking of taking advantage of the SiCo BOGO sale. Is it possible to get a suppressor to swap back and forth, or do I really need different suppressor for each since they are completely different styles of rifles? Both will be used for hunting and I'm also using them bolt gun to start shooting steel out to 1000yds. I am running a Hellfire Match Brake on the bolt gun, am I going to lose some of the ability to control muzzle jump going to a suppressor vs the brake? If I can pick one can for both guns, any suggestions?

So I am new to suppressors and looking for a little help. I have a Bolt gun I'm 6.5cm and will be building a 6.5 grendel gas gun in the next couple weeks. I'm thinking of taking advantage of the SiCo BOGO sale. Is it possible to get a suppressor to swap back and forth, or do I really need different suppressor for each since they are completely different styles of rifles? Both will be used for hunting and I'm also using them bolt gun to start shooting steel out to 1000yds. I am running a Hellfire Match Brake on the bolt gun, am I going to lose some of the ability to control muzzle jump going to a suppressor vs the brake? If I can pick one can for both guns, any suggestions?
You can run the same can on both rifles without issue.

The recoil felt while using a suppressor is different from that of a brake in that it is more of a push versus a punch.

You shouldn’t have any issue controlling jump with a can.

Reactions: Bluedog82
You'll probably be compromising the performance of your systems to some extent by running the same suppressor on both platforms, but the significance of that problem largely depends upon your tolerance for purchasing multiple stamps and cans. If you're building the Grendel with your own parts, then you'll have some control over how well it will work with the sort of higher-backpressure can that would work best on the bolt gun. Or you can go with a can that is optimized for a gas gun, and depend on what I'm assuming is a longer barrel on the bolt gun to provide acceptable at-the-ear performance. As long as you don't skew the can selection too far in either direction and have reasonable expectations, you can probably make this work.

Running a Dominus on a 6.5CM Cross is tame enough for my 11-year-old who only weighs 70 lbs. Is a brake better at managing recoil? Yeah, somewhat, but I'd much prefer the reduction in muzzle blast in most situations.

Reactions: kthomas