• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Suppressors Suppressor host question

prairiefire

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 22, 2010
Nebraska
I am going to get a 9mm to suppress. I like the triggers on my 1911s and suppose I could get a threaded barrel for one of them. However, I have looked at a couple of versions of the Sig p226 line - either one with an SRT which would be better for follow-up shots and I've also considered an X5 tactical - only concern there is the recurring extractor issue. For those of you who shoot suppressed 9's, what would be your recommendation? The gun would be used for range fun and "offing" critters that trespass on my property.

Re: Suppressor host question

I have a smith and wesson M&P with the new Apex trigger in it. It will be as close to a 1911 trigger as you can get without going custom 1911 in 9mm.

KYS338,

Did you install the trigger kit yourself? I've heard very positive things about the guns after the Apex units were installed. Why oh why can't they come that way right out of the box?!! My H&Ks all require extra trigger work as well - great shooters after the extra money.......

I have a SIG-226 with the rail . I added a Jarvis 1/2" x 28 barrel , because the factory did not offer a 'plug and play' model when I bought it . It is a fine host . A laser makes a nice night-time shooting accessory , so the rail is handy ... The SIG-226 and SWR Trident was the top choice in one silencer test several years ago ...