• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Suppressors suppressor on m1a

beeman

Private
Minuteman
Jun 29, 2013
OKC
Does anyone know if i can stick my suppressor on my m1a with no problems?

Yes, but you may not like the results. First is blow back from the action, unless you retard the gas system. Uncle had an issue gas cylinder plug long ago that had a spindle valve much like the one on the weapon except it could be finger operated. It was never widely issued but some select units had them, mostly those who were using the Sonic w/wipes
If you have a scope mount some of the blow back is redirected. If irons only, install the blank adapter shield and don't look back. We taped tinfoil painted black between the action a scope base, that held for awhile.
If you are shooting subsonic ammo only, just turn off the gas valve and single it. If your shooting full power loads, unless you have a mirror for a chamber do not turn off the spindle.

Guess I'll just go with a no on that then. That sucks. thanks though
Yes, but you may not like the results. First is blow back from the action, unless you retard the gas system. Uncle had an issue gas cylinder plug long ago that had a spindle valve much like the one on the weapon except it could be finger operated. It was never widely issued but some select units had them, mostly those who were using the Sonic w/wipes
If you have a scope mount some of the blow back is redirected. If irons only, install the blank adapter shield and don't look back. We taped tinfoil painted black between the action a scope base, that held for awhile.
If you are shooting subsonic ammo only, just turn off the gas valve and single it. If your shooting full power loads, unless you have a mirror for a chamber do not turn off the spindle.

Very interesting. Thank you for that info. by the way that is one sweet freaking paint job on your stick there. I need one of those.
Aside from the gas blowback issues unless you have a muzzle adapter that is threaded 5/8"-24 such as this:

M14/M1A 5/8-24 Adapter : Shop : Delta P Design?

or

M-14 Threaded Front Sight Base

You're likely a "no" as well.

Adjustable gas plug:

ADJUSTABLE GAS SYSTEM | Brownells

It is possible though:

SilencerTalk ? View topic - To Suppress a M1A Socom with a AAC 7.62SD