• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Suppressor Ownership Addition/Transfer

Ugly_Duck

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jan 17, 2019
Wisconsin
Hoping someone on here can help me with this. I currently have a suppressor which I am the sole owner. My father is looking to purchase one, before he does that is there any possibilities that are not a logistical nightmare to transfer the ownership of my can into a trust or something of that nature that we are all able to use it? Thanks in advance

You can purchases trusts online from Silencer Shop and many others. To transfer from yourself to the trust you are going to have to pay the feds $200 and submit all the paperwork just like you did initially. Sucks but the trust allows you to add/remove responsible persons without having to do more transfers.

You can purchases trusts online from Silencer Shop and many others. To transfer from yourself to the trust you are going to have to pay the feds $200 and submit all the paperwork just like you did initially. Sucks but the trust allows you to add/remove responsible persons without having to do more transfers.

Thank you, This is what I was hoping to hear. Other than the giving feds another $200 bonus check part but... figures

Thank you, This is what I was hoping to hear. Other than the giving feds another $200 bonus check part but... figures

There are a few good places to look into for trust. SilenerShop offers a Standard Trust (no their single-shot trust). There's also National Gun Trust and Arsenal Attorneys. NGT is fairly priced but I have no experience with their product. I used Arsenal Attorneys years ago and had them do my restatement post 41f. They're great to deal with but pricey compared to the other two. Good luck!

Reactions: Ugly_Duck
Like these guys have mentioned, transferring to a trust does not have to be a logistical nightmare. It will cost that $200 tax stamp and another Form 4 submission. We are here to help if you have any questions, give us a call or shoot an email to [email protected]. Even if you decide to go in a different direction, we can still help you decide what option will work best for you and your father.

Reactions: Ugly_Duck