• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Suppressor paper work

muledeer

Private
Minuteman
Apr 11, 2009
Lyons, Texas
After getting all required paper work and tax stamp do you need to carry copy of tax stamp with you when hunting or at shooting range?

Take a picture of it with your smart phone and email it to yourself. Keep them in a separate email folder so you can show them if required.

Well, if by some odd chance the ATF would check you then you have to provide proof of registration (a copy of your stamp does that.) If your suppressor is owned by a trust, a copy of the trust should accompany your stamp so that you can show that you are a trustee and then a valid state ID could be shown for identification. With regard to Texas authorities I believe it's a "otherwise legal" situation so I would follow the same policy as for the ATF. Of course, you'll get other opinions................... An attorney that handles NFA items in Texas would be your most sound resource.

Being a LEO in TX. I can vouch that you need to carry a copy of your form 4 and to be safe something with your LLC or Trust if you went that route. 1/2 to 3/4 of LEOs have never seen a Form 4 either, but I can almost guarantee you if you don't have anything your more than likely your going to have your suppressor confiscated, and you will make a trip to the jailhouse. Then everything will have to get sorted out after the fact. Save yourself the trouble its only a piece of paper.

I scanned trust, stamps and interstate transport letter and keep it in Dropbox. I also keep a photocopy in each rifle case.