• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Suppressor shopping help!

Sniper260

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 22, 2013
I just got a trust set up. Now starting to shop. I'm not in any kind of hurry right now though. From what I can see the AAC element is a top contender. I'm not sure if the element comes apart to clean though, but I think it does... I need one for a 22LR, 17HMR, 22 mag and another for 30 caliber to put on my grendel. What is the best 30 cal ones for the money. should I stick with only titanium cans? school me some on what I should look for. I don't want to spend a fortune if I don't have to. I'd say $500 tops for the .22, and $1100 tops for the 30 cal.

I'm in Texas, but I will probably just go ahead and put all my guns serial numbers into the trust too just incase anything happens in the future. Not sure if that will help anything, but it'd be nice to have done if the day ever arises.

Element2, Sparrow, and Thunderbeast 22L-1 are all top choices. The Element2 and Sparrow com apart for cleaning. The 22L-1 can be soaked. You can't go wrong with any of them. I use only titanium for bolt rifles. My AR uses a FA556 because of the heat build up during semi-auto fire. Find RangerWalker here on the hide or SilencerShop.com and they will answer your questions. You will get a number of answers here, the only thing I think you shouldn't compromise on is to order from a stocking dealer.

For 30 cal I use a MK13-SD. I think that's the best choice for a brake mounted bolt action 30 cal. For screw on go 30P-1. Both titanium. For a semi-auto 30 cal can others will give you some ideas.

Moses was right on with the 22 cans. Check out Liberty as well. For 30 cal I think you should take a hard look at Thunderbeast Arms. Great people and a great product.

Element 2 is awesome and easily comes apart for cleaning. They even come with the pusher tool to remove the baffles if needed. Thunderbeast is nice for a 30 cal suppressor. The AAC cyclone works great as well. I have both and honestly cannot tell a difference in accuracy or sound suppression. The Cyclone is a few hundred dollars less, but a few ounces more in weight.

This may help:
as far as 22 cans go::
I love my 22 sparrow.

As far as 30 cal cans go::
If i could go back in time i would have invested more in my 30cal can though. Templar just had an AWESOME deal go by. Thunderbeast is well received here. On to Weight and attachment schemes. seeing as i have a few thinner barrel rifles i wish i had gone QD mount to give me more slack/options. Ti (titanium) would be awesome for a hunter or precision shooter, as where any sort of rapid fire platform needing SS (Stainless steel) bogs all other options down with weight, as i am more of the former (hunter/precision) i wish id invested more in a Ti.

The SAS Arbiter is a great Ti can. I've heard them side by side to a bunch of 30 cal cans and they sound great. 3 different mounting options as well. Mile high shooting is a stocking dealer. Give them a call and tell them what you expect out of it and they can point you in the right direction. [ http://www.milehighshooting.com/MHSA/Suppressed_Armament_Systems_Products.html ]

For a rimfire can, I really like my Sparrow. The clam shell make clean up a snap.

For a 30 cal can it depends on the host platform. I would do a Surefire on a bolt gun, on a short barreled gun possibly an AAC 762-SDN-6.

Check out the Silencerco Sparrow. There is a thread out there on it. Full tear down, stainless steel, 22LR-5.7 rated.

Also check out the new SWR 30 cal specwar. Had the chance to shoot it at Shot this year. Rock solid.

Last edited:
Silencerco Sparrow for the previously mentioned reasons.
Look up Silencershop since you're in TX.

Like someone else said, check out silencershop.com they have great deals. As for the cans you can't go wrong with a silencerco sparrow for .22 and for .308 TBAC is good and so is surefire if you have the cash...even the older AAC cyclone is a good can for not much $$ anymore.