• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Suppressor System

rlsmith1

Legalize Freedom
Minuteman
  • May 1, 2019
    Midwest
    If you were going to start the NFA game and build a suppressor system for 556 to 338, what would you do? I have AR15s in 556 and 300 blk. AR10 in 308 and hopefully 338/8.6 Creed someday, a 6 Creed and hopefully a 338 mag of some sort someday. I like the YHM Turbo K with either a Key Mo or Plan A mount. Is there another company out there that makes them all? I like the Sig lineup but their mounts are not backwards compatible which is a drag.

Okay you just picked you first suppressor. (turbo k) You don't have a 338 cal yet so I would forget about it. When you get into that cal there probably will be better cans by then. Now pick a 30 cal for your needs.

Cans don't get swapped between guns as much as I like to think then? I guess every one would have a different POI shift but once you figure it out that wouldn't be a huge deal.

Mine get swapped all the time. I run direct thread on almost everything though. As for mounts not being backwards compatible, if you go direct threaded, then it should never be a problem in the future.

I’m a Tbac guy also. My first 2 cans were yhm, before I really knew much about things, and since that time I’ve went with the best. I’m currently however, going to build 2 ti cans of my own on form 1s to see what I can accomplish, and to fill a gap in my suppressor calibers. (358win needs to be quiet so I can shoot it more)

Reactions: SkyScrapin
    Unless you’re looking to do some full auto work on the carbine side, the thunderbeast ultra line is really hard to beat across the board. Offered in 223 through 338. Hard to beat!

Tbac 338 ultra would be my suggestion. It would allow you to have one can that does it all. The relatively small size differences of the tbac cans across the board allows for the 338 to fit all your needs, at least until you want to buy more/specialize your cans.

Reactions: 4350muncher
    Tbac 338 ultra would be my suggestion. It would allow you to have one can that does it all. The relatively small size differences of the tbac cans across the board allows for the 338 to fit all your needs, at least until you want to buy more/specialize your cans.
    +1 on this, exactly why I went with a 338 ultra. Only 1" longer than the ultra 9 and obviously wider

I mean it REALLY depends on what your emphasis is for each rifle. Home defense cans look very different from competition cans look very different from SHTF cans and so on.

One thing is for sure, the bolt guns would be getting the TBAC .338 Ultra unless weight was a huge concern. The other thing that is for sure is that I wouldn't run the TBAC cans on ARs. They are high back pressure with tight bores and don't give great at the ear numbers. So get something else like a Dead Air/Rugged/Surefire for that.

Otherwise, the question is just too open ended. If the 5.56 AR is for home defense, a Dead Air Sandman K might be the best option to keep OAL down. If you live in an "open concept" house OAL might not be as big of a concern an a Dead Air Nomad might be more ideal, etc.

If op is looking for “one can to rule them all” (there isn’t one) then he may want to look at the silencer co hybrid. He can shoot 9mm all the way up to 338 with it. It does most calibers. not a single one perfectly but it works. It is also compatible with key-mo and also area 419 set ups. So chose a mount that works for all your hosts and swap it back and forth (after you put the correct endcap on)

Sico hybrid would fit the bill. I am waiting for my tbac but thinking about a hybrid for a bushmaster