• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Suppressors on 408Chey-Tac rifles

overspin67

Private
Minuteman
I'm looking for a suppressor to fit to a 408Chey-Tac bolt rifle, 30" barrel, to reduce flash and sound detection: who's making the right one in your opinion, guys? I thought to AAC but seems they don't build a middle way between 338Lapua and 50BMG..
Thanks in advance for your help.

Re: Suppressors on 408Chey-Tac rifles

Im not sure of any suppresors for the .408 off the top of my head but I will do a little research and try to get back to you.

By the way welcome to The Hide

i have one from Elite Iron for a M99 .416 barret, its called the windtalker, made specifically for the Barrett.416 and .408 cheytac, great can, GREAT can, i can post a pic if you would like.

Quicksilver Manufacturing is who I would go to for 408CT.
They built mine and its well made and robust. They also built me a 300WM can for a custom bolt gun in 300WSM

Im pretty sure that QM is suppling Cheytac with their suppressors now.

STW Systems has manufactured the suppressor for CHEYTAC for the past five years(the M408).

Suppressors and suppressor technology are regulated by DDTC & ITAR and are restricted from US export.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MyGun1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Suppressors and suppressor technology are regulated by DDTC & ITAR and are restricted from US export. </div></div>

Good Point. I didn't even notice he was out of country.

You're screwed for anything American made.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: John Shelborne</div><div class="ubbcode-body">STW Systems has manufactured the suppressor for CHEYTAC for the past five years(the M408). </div></div>

Says on their website that they use the QSM in testing for the Military Networks TV show..... and that Cheytac rates it as the best 408 can on the market for their M-200 platform.

http://www.qsmsilencers.com/408%20suppressor%20stats.html

Thanks to all folk for your valid info; I know for sure that suppressors are ITAR regulated items, in fact my company's building custom sniper rifle for a NATO European Special Force. Of course we own all concerning licensing. Here under is our website.
Thanks again.
Martino Baisotti at www.armeriacamuna.it

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYshooter338</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: John Shelborne</div><div class="ubbcode-body">STW Systems has manufactured the suppressor for CHEYTAC for the past five years(the M408). </div></div>

Says on their website that they use the QSM in testing for the Military Networks TV show..... and that Cheytac rates it as the best 408 can on the market for their M-200 platform.

http://www.qsmsilencers.com/408%20suppressor%20stats.html </div></div>
It says they like the QSM can, not that it's the issue silencer. STW is near me, I have it on good authority that they are still building the issue silencers for CheyTac.

In any case, personally, I'd buy an AAC Cyclops and use it on there. They are very good cans and will probably still perform well on a .400" range caliber.

QSM can = 48 ounces and thread on
Cyclops = 5 pounds, QD and the break will cost you $300.00

Pretty clear which one to get....