• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors

huntin4life

Private
Minuteman
Jul 23, 2019
I'm wanting to get a suppressor for my 6.5 CM but I want to keep it under $500. It's primarily for hunting so probably 5". What is in that price range that I should look at?

There have been some good prices on Dead Air Sandman-Ks recently. I picked one up from my distributor last month, haven’t gotten a chance to shoot it yet.

I'm wanting to get a suppressor for my 6.5 CM but I want to keep it under $500. It's primarily for hunting so probably 5". What is in that price range that I should look at?

I am aware of ONE 5.5" can that will handle 6.5cm and it is $1700, are there any others? You can get a decent can for $500 but good luck staying under 6"

Buddy of mine got a yhm phantom for $350. Sounds pretty good actually. It's 8" though and heavy.

Everyone has already said it, but yeah man you’re not going to have a 5”, $300-$500 can...you’re really better off either saving for something good or doing a form 1 (tbh you just just go all the way and get a TBAC - buy a 50% cert in the EE).

A buddy of mine did a form one build for something like $150 before the stamp cost. 9” long, but honestly sounds pretty good. Next time I’m on his side of the country I’ll put my TBAC Ultra 9 next to it and let you guys know...lol.

I don't have any first hand experience, but the only one I have heard of is Witt Machine and you would need to get the Dirty 30 can.

BTW, how is walmart selling this but not assault ammo?
Walmart.com is trying to be the next Amazon so there are separate, independent sellers that list things on the Walmart.com site. This item is "sold and ships from KWANSHOP", whoever that is...
My guess is that Walmart.com doesn't give a rip who sells what right now, they're just trying to get a bigger and broader selection of everything.

Reactions: jetracer013
Why are you wanting a 5" silencer for hunting? Thats REALLY short. I use an Omega 300 which is 7" and 14oz. and it is really awesome on my 6.5 Creedmoor. I dont mind the length since its not some ultra compact SBR role. And 7" is still on the short side of .30 cal cans. It was $800, so out of your price range, but I cant see why you pulled 5" out of thin air. Its for hunting so doesnt need to be full auto rated but that has no bearing or relation to length. I guess you are not worried if it is so loud it is not hearing safe because its only a few shots? Just wanting to understand your actual needs and wants.

Somehow I think weight not important, sound reduction not important, but legth is important was not your actual intention or need.

Reactions: huntin4life
Op, check out Suppressed Armament Services. They have some suppressors in the ~500-700 range they may meet your needs. I have a .30 cal TOMB that uses their mount and is rated to 300 win mag.

Oal is 9” or so but they are quiet and reliable.

Sorry to ask a stupid question, but what is a "50% cert in the EE"?

Its a certificate from the company offering a 50% discount. Value varies depending on what you buy.

Its a certificate from the company offering a 50% discount. Value varies depending on what you buy.

Thanks, but how and where are these available? What's the EE?

There's an Ultra 9 in the PX right now, offered by a great seller. They're pretty scarce these days and someone should jump on it . If I didn't have a 338 ULTRA in jail I would have already snagged it .

EE Stands for equipment exchange but on SH it’s called the PX.
Thanks, man. I thought that meant something like the PX but couldn't come up with what EE stood for.

Reactions: nn8734
There's an Ultra 9 in the PX right now, offered by a great seller. They're pretty scarce these days and someone should jump on it . If I didn't have a 338 ULTRA in jail I would have already snagged it .

I have a 338 Ultra in the safe AND one in jail. Great can!

Why are you wanting a 5" silencer for hunting? Thats REALLY short. I use an Omega 300 which is 7" and 14oz. and it is really awesome on my 6.5 Creedmoor. I dont mind the length since its not some ultra compact SBR role. And 7" is still on the short side of .30 cal cans. It was $800, so out of your price range, but I cant see why you pulled 5" out of thin air. Its for hunting so doesnt need to be full auto rated but that has no bearing or relation to length. I guess you are not worried if it is so loud it is not hearing safe because its only a few shots? Just wanting to understand your actual needs and wants.

Somehow I think weight not important, sound reduction not important, but legth is important was not your actual intention or need.
So length out of the equation do you have suggestions?

So length out of the equation do you have suggestions?
Look at the Odin Works MOAB 7.62 direct thread. $450. A little liner than what you're looking for but the price fits.

I shot one on my 6.5cm side by side against my AAC 7.62sd and the Odin Works 7.62sd badlands.

The MOAB was slightly louder than the other two due to having one less baffle.

Ultra 7 works great and I have used one hunting on a 6.5 Creedmoor. Any of the 5” cans are not hearing safe and you’ll regret that purchase. I use a 338 Ultra for hunting and competitions but you do have to be mindful of how long it is but is truly a one and done can for the most part.

Reactions: 4350muncher
Pro tip... Don’t skimp on cans, buy the best that’s available that fits your application. You wait nearly a year and spend $200 that you can’t get back, and the market for used cans is shit.

Two days ago I express mailed my first two cans out to a company to make them not be epic pieces of shit. They’ve been sitting aside for years while I used other stuff because one is defective and the company told me to get fucked, and one uses a shitty mounting system. Both AAC’s, both are pieces of shit that I chased my tail with for a long time before giving up and buying what I should have from the start. I bet I have $3k+ in my 762-SD that I had to buy over a dozen muzzle devices for at $150/pop to find a handful that weren’t crap and the suppressor would sometimes stay tight on. So that can that was convenient because it was local, and a good price has ended up being outrageously expensive and is getting another $500 put in it between machining and a new mount... not to mention the muzzle devices I have to buy too. Probably going to be a $4K adventure soon.

Moral of the story, don’t by junk. Especially when that junk is hard/expensive to fix or replace.

After waiting for 11 1/2 months for my first can to arrive, I was sure glad I chose to not go cheap on it. I’d save up and get one that you will want to keep forever.

Do you have any experience with it yet? I asked in the Resonator thread in the Suppressor Forum but nobody bit. Really thinking about popping my can cherry on one of these.

I have zero experience with the Resonator. I just suggested it because it fits your criteria closer than anything else I could think of. A friend of mine has a YHM Phantom that has worked very well for him for almost 10 years now.

That said, if it were me, I'd save up another $300 and significantly increase your options.

Save up for a good one. Should have it for life. Should be worth an extra few days/weeks/months of saving. Buy once cry once applies more to suppressors and optics than anything else I've seen.

I will second the vote for the Silencerco harvester. It costs a little more, but is light weight and works good. I have had people at matches ask me what I was shooting because it was so quiet. My first can was a YHM, and it works good, and I bought it because it was “affordable “. My God is it heavy. It is so heavy on the front of my rifle that I then went and bought the Silencerco. So, affordable cost me double! (But now I have two cans) ?

Reactions: 260284