• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Supreme Court shoots down NY rule that set high bar for concealed handgun licenses

By my reading it just made the NFA unconstitutional.

The ruling states that schemes that divide law abiding citizens into entitled and non-entitled groups for the exercise of a Constitutional right are uncon. The NFA was explicitly designed to do this (rich people only please, pay your cost of a brand new car tax please.)

The ruling states that schemes that divide law abiding citizens into entitled and non-entitled groups for the exercise of a Constitutional right are uncon. The NFA was explicitly designed to do this (rich people only please, pay your cost of a brand new car tax please.)

I'm halfway through the opinion and need to take a break but that's the impression that I'm also getting. Doing my happy dance now. Sorry but I don't have video.

This would be great but good fuckin luck lol

I understand your skepticism....but....its hard to overstate how strong this ruling was. Its VERY strong, and tramples all over all sorts of bullshit not directly related to NYSRPA's complaint.

It establishes a new standard for assessing constitutional rights that is as strong as possible towards a literal reading of the 2A.

I find it interesting that Roberts, Kavanaugh and ACB voted with this. Kavanaugh probably had a good reason to here lately though.

Reactions: Longshot231
It’ll be interesting for sure. I am reading more and they left licensing schemes in place.

I am pretty sure that a licensing scheme itself when applied to a constitutional right defiles the presumption of innocence stuff. Interesting times.

I understand your skepticism....but....its hard to overstate how strong this ruling was. Its VERY strong, and tramples all over all sorts of bullshit not directly related to NYSRPA's complaint.

It establishes a new standard for assessing constitutional rights that is as strong as possible towards a literal reading of the 2A.

Sooo, who’s going to be the first to start selling nfa tax free silencers and SBRs?

A good gauge of whether or not this opens the door to doing away with the NFA (in part or whole) is what our enemies think about this. They are afraid of exactly that - the abolishment of the NFA.

Reactions: TurboTrout

Listen I am as happy about this as anyone but settle down, this doesn't even remove conceal carry permits.

This provides a nice change of weather for how SCOTUS has handles gun cases but this ruling is not going to invalidate the NFA. We are going to have to do that as yet with more legal challenges etc.

I would be very very happy to be wrong though. haha

Reactions: Raydee38
Some podcasts worth listening to:

Reactions: TheMammoth
So their answer to the "sensitive area" problem the SCOTUS cited is to make a huge list of "sensitive areas" that effectively makes the entire city off-limits for guns.

So their answer to the "sensitive area" problem the SCOTUS cited is to make a huge list of "sensitive areas" that effectively makes the entire city off-limits for guns.

Laws only work if people obey them.

Reactions: SilentStalkr

There's an operative word in there that's either a typo otherwise it makes it a moot point, they're not illegal firearms if they're procured legally while possessing a permit.

Adams said the resolution urges the state legislation to designate hospitals and medical facilities, parks and parks department facilities, government buildings and facilities, public and private education buildings and facilities, child care facilities, places of worship, cemeteries, financial institutions, theaters, establishments where alcohol is served, libraries, homeless shelters, mass transit systems and the courts as sensitive areas where illegal firearms would be prohibited within 1,000 feet.

I think we all knew this was going to be the response. Nothing is going to change for people living in these hell hole states for quite some time, I think.

Laws only work if people obey them.

OK, Sure. You first tho.

There's a lot of people in NY and other shit box areas that arent willing to get smoked in the head by some overzealous state henchman.

There's an operative word in there that's either a typo otherwise it makes it a moot point, they're not illegal firearms if they're procured legally while possessing a permit.

That is definitely a typo.

Reactions: SilentStalkr
I think we all knew this was going to be the response. Nothing is going to change for people living in these hell hole states for quite some time, I think.

OK, Sure. You first tho.

There's a lot of people in NY and other shit box areas that arent willing to get smoked in the head by some overzealous state henchman.

By NYPD? Lol

Nah, they’ll miss, smoke some kid, and persecute you for the death.

NYSP I believe still has the record of one of the most corrupt groups, could see them waiting for you to look away and shooting you and planting evidence.

I think the people who join the NY police are the folks who were too stupid to get into a mob.

Last edited:

OK, Sure. You first tho.

They first have to find you are in possession in one of the exclusionary zones. How are they going to do that when stop and frisk has been killed? So unless you are an idiot they won't know. If you have to use it then at least you are alive to face a jury of 12 instead of being buried by six.

This…

They first have to find you are in possession in one of the exclusionary zones. How are they going to do that when stop and frisk has been killed? So unless you are an idiot they won't know. If you have to use it then at least you are alive to face a jury of 12 instead of being buried by six.

“I smell the odor of”

“acting suspicious”

“We got a tip that someone of your description”

Etc

Reactions: Sako man
You ain't gonna find too many proactive cops these days. We've made it not worth it.

We’re you around for covid??

They are VERY proactive when they think they are the thug, much like how street thugs pick the victims they don’t expect resistance from, not so much when someone who obviously doesn’t give a fuck is putting hurt down range.

And it’s not us, the police industry very much made their own beds.

So you rewrite the laws.

Blue States Scramble to Rewrite Gun Laws after Historic Supreme Court Ruling (msn.com)
“In response to the ruling, New York City officials said they were considering ways to expand the number of “sensitive places” where firearms can be restricted in public. City Council speaker Adrienne Adams, a Democrat from Queens, said she would call for the state legislature to pass a law declaring any place with over 10,000 people per square mile a “sensitive place,” effectively outlawing concealed carry throughout New York City.

This despite the fact that Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas explicitly dismissed in his majority opinion New York’s argument that “the entire island of Manhattan” could qualify as a sensitive location.

Alternatively, during a Thursday press conference New York City mayor Eric Adams raised the possibility of designating as a “sensitive location” any area within 1,000 feet of a bar, theater, library, childcare center, school, mass transit station, effectively prohibiting concealed-carry throughout most of the city.

New Jersey governor Phil Murphy also said his state was working on ways to update its gun laws in light of the ruling.”

Reactions: KZP
We’re you around for covid??

They are VERY proactive when they think they are the thug, much like how street thugs pick the victims they don’t expect resistance from, not so much when someone who obviously doesn’t give a fuck is putting hurt down range.

And it’s not us, the police industry very much made their own beds.
You live on the "East Coast" (?) where liberals rule the roost. Cops reflect what the liberals wanted for covid. Blame yourself and the elected dipshits who put the rules of enforcement in place.

Cops here didn't do any covid enforcement that I was aware of.

You live on the "East Coast" (?) where liberals rule the roost. Cops reflect what the liberals wanted for covid. Blame yourself and the elected dipshits who put the rules of enforcement in place.

I probably live in a much freer state than you, I also have lived all over the place 😂

NJ Attorney General just announced that the sate will immediately drop "justifiable need" fro concealed carry applications.

This is huge as NJ has refused to allow any CCW permits to be issued outside of LEO's:

NJ ATTORNEY GENERAL
ISSUES DIRECTIVE REQUIRING
CARRY PERMIT APPLICATIONS
TO BE PROCESSED WITHOUT
"JUSTIFIABLE NEED"

June 24, 2022. At the close of business today, and in light of the Bruen decision, the New Jersey Attorney General issued a directive to law enforcement agencies and prosecutors mandating that NJ carry permit applications now be processed WITHOUT an applicant having to prove "justifiable need."

CLICK HERE to see a copy of the directive.

The effect of this directive is to remove any doubt that the Bruen decision applies in New Jersey, and that someone applying for a concealed carry permit in the Garden State need only satisfy typical requirements, such as:

1. Passing state-mandated background checks.
2. Submitting three references.
3. Satisfying the state-mandated training requirement for carry permits.

While Gov. Murphy has announced that he intends to try to limit carry in every way possible, whatever actions he tries to take will have to pass Constitutional muster under Bruen. Today's announcement by the Attorney General is nothing short of EARTH-SHAKING and represents the culmination of decades of incredibly difficult work by gun owners.

CONGRATULATIONS TO EVERY HONEST GUN OWNER IN NEW JERSEY!

It happened all across the country in all 50 states. You know that.

It did not happen everywhere but when you are paranoid it would seem that it has.
I didn’t say everywhere although I would bet 99% of schools played along. Either way only a fool would believe that the majority of people were ‘t affected by the tyranny. Everyone single person is paying the price right now because of the actions of a overbearing gov.

Reactions: gigamortis
I didn’t say everywhere although I would bet 99% of schools played along
You made it seem like it did. Thanks for your clarification. Schools equal cops enforcing covid in your mind, I guess? And this argument is supposed to show they will be all up in your bidness if you CC in restricted places in NYC? Yes, that's how this whole strawman argument got off the tracks.

The cops in NYC ain't gonna do any more shit than they absolutely have to do. Stop and frisk has been taken away, so unless you are an idiot, how are they gonna know?

Like I originally said, laws only work if people obey them

Anyhow does the Governor respond? More Gun -Free Zones!!

• Angry
Reactions: CSTactical
Now they need to strike down all the other bullshit new your has done to us
And for those that don't know it's been getting worse by the day since that decision

Anyone remember Lois learner and her using the irs to target tea party people and harras them with audits ect??? The left views the government as their personal mafia with which they can harm their enemies with. The "enemies " being us. Thank goodness most holster outfits have more balls than some others in the gun industry.....

The targeting is just getting started again, there will be more.

Anyone remember Lois learner and her using the irs to target tea party people and harras them with audits ect??? The left views the government as their personal mafia with which they can harm their enemies with. The "enemies " being us. Thank goodness most holster outfits have more balls than some others in the gun industry.....

Just wait till they start tracking online ammunition sales as well as reloading components.

Just watch how the left eats its own when they slightly step out of line, and to think people who aren’t leftists think compromise is a good move with them 😂