• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Supreme Court shot down hearing the case on IL semiauto ban...

Supreme Court is actually a Supreme Joke
There are less than 2% complying anyway.
Those 2% shouldn’t own weapons to begin with.
Stand with the overwhelming majority
Do Not Comply.

Reactions: BLEE and Mwalex
They did, unfortunately. SCOTUS had two IL cases with petitions in front of them, the Bevis v Naperville case, and also the Caulkins v Pritzker case.

The Caulkins case challenged the ban under equal protection and some other elements, and seeked to address the issue of campaign financing of two IL Supreme Court judges.

In short, Pritzker, as Governor, donated over $1M to each of two Justices campaigns, exceeding the $500k limited by law (that Pritkzer himself previously passed). This was part of Caulkins original case in the IL courts and he asked the IL Supreme Court to recuse the two Justices (they did not).

After petitioning SCOTUS, Caulkins became aware of an additional $7.3M in undisclosed campaign financing funds, provided by an independent committee, that went solely to the benefit of these same two Justices.

The IL House Speaker, Harmin, personally donated $700k, and his attorney is the head of this committee. Both are named Defendants in the suit. And if I am remembering right, nearly all of the nearly $10m in campaign financing came from named Defendants.

As a further issue, the candidate Justices said publicly they would pass an AWB during the next General Assembly meeting. Wonder of wonders, they did exactly that once elected.

FWIW I've talked to multiple lawyers now who have all said they believe the AWB ban will be overturned, but that the registration will remain.

It also came out during the IL JCAR meeting that AWB registration affidavits will be added to the LEADS system, "Law Enforcement Data" something-or-other. This is a system police use when they pull someone over, and it shows, among other things, IL FOID and CCL if the person has them. It will now show if they have any registered firearms.

The state also said they are not aware of any law giving them the authority to do this, but they'll do it anyhow.

Reactions: BCP
FWIW I've talked to multiple lawyers now who have all said they believe the AWB ban will be overturned, but that the registration will remain.

It also came out during the IL JCAR meeting that AWB registration affidavits will be added to the LEADS system, "Law Enforcement Data" something-or-other. This is a system police use when they pull someone over, and it shows, among other things, IL FOID and CCL if the person has them. It will now show if they have any registered firearms.

The state also said they are not aware of any law giving them the authority to do this, but they'll do it anyhow.
So, imo, still a loss.

Reactions: 748rpilot
So, imo, still a loss.
Oh, completely agree. I mentioned it because I see a lot of people that are banking on both the ban and registry getting over-turned, but I'm not sure that is realistic. The state is essentially going to argue "people have to register machine guns, why not these nearly-machine guns?".

And if the registry stands, other states are watching and I think we'll see this disease spread.

Prtikzer is many things but he is not an idiot; this is (IMO) building political capital for a Presidential campaign. Imagine being able to campaign as the guy who "got AWBs off the streets in IL" and implemented a registry. Of course it's not going to accomplish any actual crime reduction but it doesn't matter, a large part of the population will eat it up.

The SC almost never grants interlocutory appeals. So not a surprise but it would have been very nice to see IL slapped down.

Last edited:
Reactions: LeftyJason
Illinois is such a great place. It would be cheaper in the long run to just use your sanctuary status to import a bunch of south Americans and Africans to just shit everywhere hoping the politicians would get the message. Oh you already are doing this. Well keep it up.lol

Reactions: SilentStalkr
They did the AW registration in NY and I think 3 people total registered theirs LOL but the MSM never shows those stats just that they are trying to protect "the children". It is true they are trying to protect kids..THEIR KIDS. Everything these elitist cunts do or attempt to do is to enhace, preserve and protect their way of life and the lives of their kids and future generations for the next millenea.Dont eat meat, dont use gas or fossil fuels get unproven vaccines is all a ruse to make sure they have meat they have fuel they know what these shots will or wont do.We are just their scape goats,their guinea pigs their worker bees and nothing more. They are in power for them and their families and that's all.

Reactions: earthquake