• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Supressed Marlin 30-30

crowdog7

Private
Minuteman
Jan 5, 2011
Northern Colorado
Just thought I'd show off my new toy.
Last year I bought a used Marlin 336 from a local pawn shop for $300 specifically for this project. I got busy with other things & finally got it to the gunsmith 5 weeks ago to have it threaded. It turns out that the factory barrel diameter was about .030" too small for 5/8-24 threads. After a little brainstorming, we decided to thread the barrel for 9/16" & then put a bushing over it with the proper 5/8" threads. Of course, the magazine tube had to be shortened & the front sight ramp had to be shortened (lengthwise) & moved back towards the barrel band. Estimated wait would be 6 weeks.
Well, Saturday morning I was sitting at the house minding my own business when Tim calls from TJ's Gunsmithing (Aurora, Co.). My rifle was done & I can pick it up (TWO WEEKS EARLIER THAN EXPECTED!!!)
I got to shoot it on Sunday.
Amazing.
Definitely quieter than a pellet rifle.
My next project is to order a set of XS Sights so I can aim over the supressor (TBAC 30 P-1), and maybe a new finish.

THANKS Tim!

That looks like fun. What's the going rate for the work? One in 38 spl would be a riot too.

Tim and Fritz do great work. They are great to deal with. Have a great time with a very interesting piece. You made me think about digging out 1 of my 2 336C's. Enjoy.

Last edited:
Tim and Fritz do great work. They are great to deal with. Have a great time with a very interesting piece. You made think about digging out 1 of my 2 336C's. Enjoy.

i second that. i send them all my barrel threading issues. Great people, great price. They do excellent work!

oh also, Teddy Roosevelt's favorite rifle was a Maxim suppressed 30-30 he used at his home on Long Island. He said it was rude to the neighbors if he DIDNT use it to shoot varments on his property.

Last edited: