• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Surefire 60 and 100 round high cap mags

adam1122

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 10, 2010
Tx
Ive got a new m and p on the way and wanted ro get some thoughts on extra high cap mags from surefire. Does anyone on here have or use them? Are they prone to misfeeding etc? I could carry half the mags if I used just then60 rd magazines. Yes, I know it makes them heavy but I don't lift weight to look pretty.

Thanks.

Re: Surefire 60 and 100 round high cap mags

I got a 60 rd mag as soon as Brownells had them. I tried it at a week long school. I loaded it with 60 rds the first night there for the first time. Shortly after loading it, I knocked it off the bottom bunk bed (approx. 24 inch fall) and it hit the concrete floor on a bottom corner of the magazine. On impact, the floor plate popped off, the magazine spring shot out of the bottom, and it vomitted 60 rds on the floor. I shrugged and put it back together.
The next day, I was on the range. It was loaded with 60 rds and got knocked off of a table onto the ground. It spilled its guts again. I put it back together again and tried to use it in my rifle. I had lots of problems with rounds feeding from the magazine. I tried to give it away that day, but no one would take it. Great idea, but I will not try another.

I've used the 60 rounder several times, and with great success. I have even used it for 300 Blackout. Mine operates flawlessly since the day i got a 4 pack of them. If someone had a problem with theirs, i would suggest they contact Surefire and let them know. Being the company they are, they will take care of it...

Bill

The one I have been running and keeping an accurate round count on has over 2,900 rounds through it and I have only had 1 malfunction. I use Magpul 7.62 pull tabs on the bottom of mine just to act as a buffer if I do drop it. 2 lbs loaded is a lot of weight to get dropped on the concrete and I think it adds a lot of protection.

Robe,

Please PM me if you still have that magazine so I can get you an RMA and get it shipped back to the company to have it looked at. I have seen a couple magazines that had problems but they are very few.

Chucky- Thank you. I do still have it. PM sent.

Good customer service Chuck.

I have 3 of them and they all run like shit through a goose.

We haven't got any yet but were planning on it. Would be a great 3 gun mag.

I ran a 60 at a USPSA six stage rifle match. I had one nasty double feed about half way through the mag on one stage. Fortunately, it was the last target.

In 200 rounds of experience, it seems to run pretty well. I plan on taking it apart and checking for burrs.

The 60 rounder handles mag dumps form my bump stock with zero problems. You can actually here it speed up as the mag gets lighter... The weight is noticable.

I have the 14th order placed at Midway just B4 last years SHOT for a couple of 100 rounders... still waiting ! ? any updates ?

8/21/2012 Midway est. in stock 8>(

I found one that was a little rough on the inside edge of the feed lips. It would slow the bolt when I charged the rifle. I could/should have smoothed the edges, but I was having so much fun I just shot it smooth. About the second or third time I emptied it all was well. I consider that break-in :)

Great tip on the 7.62 magpul tab.

- Andy

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ninja</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have the 14th order placed at Midway just B4 last years SHOT for a couple of 100 rounders... still waiting ! ? any updates ?
8/21/2012 Midway est. in stock 8>( </div></div>

Midway updated the in stock date to March 1, 2012 - guess they made & corrected an error. Doesn't mean that they will ship, as every month for the last year they moved the date forward.

The new Hi-Cap Mag pouches out at shot:

HiCapPouch.JPG

...as seen in this SureFire SHOT 12 video ( @ 5 min. mark ):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1F9ftwTeEE&hd=1

Gents we are also SureFire dealers and deal direct with them here at STA TACTICAL we are currently checking our inventory at this time for the mags I will get back to you on this asap our website is at www.sta-tactical.com we have just added Surefire as a dealer and we will try to give you the best possible price just PM a link to the lowest price you can find and we will try to beat that price we will give you a discount code when you check out also we are currently updating our website so bear with us we have a lot more manufactures we are trying to add at this time have a good one...

I have had good luck with mine in my SCAR CQC. 200 or so rounds through it with zero issues so far.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: STA TACTICAL</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gents we are also SureFire dealers and deal direct with them here at STA TACTICAL we are currently checking our inventory at this time for the mags I will get back to you on this asap our website is at www.sta-tactical.com we have just added Surefire as a dealer and we will try to give you the best possible price just PM a link to the lowest price you can find and we will try to beat that price we will give you a discount code when you check out also we are currently updating our website so bear with us we have a lot more manufactures we are trying to add at this time have a good one... </div></div>

PM sent on mag pouches for SF 60 rd'er.

I ran them through their paces at work durring a T&E. Fired them through A2's, M4's and even M16A1's (without the M4 feed ramps) and they ran great. Over 4,000 rounds without a single malfunction. The only possible issue with them is their construction. With the weight of 60 to 100 rounds of 5.56mm and metal feed lips, if you drop them on the feed lips you may have feeding problems. I love them though and I will always have at least one in my go-bag.

Chuck at Surefire helped me with getting a replacement 60 round mag. I received the new mag three days ago. It drops free from all of my ARs. Feeds and runs just fine. I even dropped it on the ground full with rds and it did not come apart and unload itself like my first one. I am ready to buy another one now. I really appreciate Chuck at Surefire taking the iniative to contact me and help me get a replacement. Customer service just doesn't get any better than what he did for me.

There are a few lowers with flared mag wells that these will not work with; for example the Noveske N4 Gen II lower...shy of the mag catch by about 1/8in:

SF7.jpg

SF1.jpg