• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Suppressors Surefire 7.62 RC?

danheller88

Private
Minuteman
Apr 5, 2014
I am looking for a can I will be using on a SCAR17 with a 14.5" barrel, a 300WM 5r, and possibly a 300blkout AR. My local club offered me a brand new in box Surefire SOCOM 7.62RC for $1050, which really drew my interest since I was originally looking for the Surefire 300. I am also considering possibly a SIG can. Any input or opinions on this? Only cans I have used are what we use in the military, usually the SOCOMs and AACs.

I had an RC and currently have a 300. The 300 is queter and the build quality is truly identical so I see 0 reason to pay any sort of premium for an RC. Sure the whole baffle stack is Inconel on the RC vs. just the blast baffle in the 300 but I'm not mag dumping with a full auto 300wm either. You'dd also have a bit less backpressure with the RC. But it's louder. Tradeoffs I guess. I've never tested it but the RC supposedly has better first round flash suppression as well. That was not very important when I was making my decision.

They are older and louder than much of what is out there.

They are a reduced back pressure can. The mounts are rock solid. They have a lifetime no bullshit warranty from a non flakey company (a rarity in the suppressor business). They are accurate.

Everybody hates them and thinks they are overpriced. I have had outstanding luck with an old SF212. I am a fan.

I have one sitting at the dealer.

Between a Sandman S, SOCOM 762 and SOCOM 300 where would you go?

I don't have much experience with the Dead Air centerfire cans but I have a .22 can from them that's excellent. I also have a couple friends with sandmans and they're happy with them. I'd go with the 300S of the 3.

I only have experience with the 300sps, but I’m very pleased with it. It was recommended to me over the 7.62, and I have no regrets.

I would get the Sandman S out of those three. I own two Dead Air suppressors. The mounting system is rock solid and they are quieter then the Surefire options. They were also designed to reduce back pressure as well.

I've got the 762RC, and the SRD762, haven't used the Dead Air yet. Suppression goes to the Sig can, for what I do that's a must. Sig can has a unique tone.

Reactions: DV04
Take it for what its worth... because I only have one can right now.

I run an RC2 on my 308. I shoot with alot of guys with thunderbeasts, Silencer Co, etc... and always have people coming up and asking me what I'm running and tell me how quiet it is.
I know all of the Db tests that I've seen say the Socoms are a bit louder than everything else, so maybe it's the tone of it.

I have absolutely zero of the "accuracy issues" people talk about with QD cans, and I can take it on and off all I want and not experience an impact shift.
Impact shift going from the brake to the suppressor is only .1U and .2L and is consistent every time I've tested it.

They are older and louder than much of what is out there.

They are a reduced back pressure can. The mounts are rock solid. They have a lifetime no bullshit warranty from a non flakey company (a rarity in the suppressor business). They are accurate.

Everybody hates them and thinks they are overpriced. I have had outstanding luck with an old SF212. I am a fan.

Agreed!

I have a RC2 as well as three of the old FA762SS, a few SF 6.8cans old and new, and a couple of their 556 cans...and a Ryder 9mm. IMO, if you can find them well below retail you can't go wrong with a surefire can. They may not be the quietest, but I believe they are the most robust and their warranty is bomber. And I haven't seen any appreciable POI shift with any of them. I've sent two cans back to them now to be repaired due to user derp (by me) and they fixed them up for free. Something to consider when buying something expensive and then paying the government $200 on top of that: if I have a problem with this 10yrs from now, what is the likelihood this company will still be around? I don't see Surefire going away.

I have a 7:62 RC2. It is great on my 16” and 18” .308’s, as well as my 24” .300 WM. It is hearing safe with subs and supers on my 8.5” 300 BO, but not as quiet as I hoped with the subs. The 300 SPS is reportedly quieter and was designed around the 300 BO. This will be my next NFA purchase. I don’t regret getting the RC2, but I’ll probably dedicate it to my .300 WM.

I hav. Bunch of old SF FA cans and something about SF just seems “solid”. My Omega and Sandmn are quieter and the Omega is light...but if I had to choose buying the latest SF vs other manufacturers, I’d opt for SF. That said, their 22rf was a disappointment to say the least....I shootSF on my full auto stuff...

I recently received my Surefire SOCOM II 7.62 RC2 can. I haven't spent much time w/ it so I'll do the best I can for you. As a disclaimer, I'm also no suppressor expert either.

I realized in my research for a suitable suppressor that no can does everything the "best." I realize it's not as light or as quiet as a TBAC Ultra model, but those weren't the only factors I was looking to cover. So, I decided what was most important to me, for my personal requirements. I'll start w/ the reasons I chose this model:

I made a pro / con list & this can best met my personal requirements
1) Will be used on multiple weapons ranging from 5.56 to .300WM
2) Bombproof (suppressor can literally be shot off the barrel if stuck)
3) Reputable company that will be around forever
4) QD attachment (mount is rock solid)
5) lack of first round pop & flash
6) Suppressor can be run wet w/ little water to mitigate flash
7) SFMB works well on its own

I realize that other muzzle brakes like the Area 419, APA, etc work better as a stand alone brake but I'd already planned to go w/ the Surefire can for the reasons stated above.

Shooting the 308, the can was noticeably quieter than the 5.56. One of my buddy's was inside the range building & he said he could tell a huge difference between the 308 & the 5.56. I really didn't shoot the 308 much as I need to adjust the eye relief on the optic so I didn't shoot but a few rounds. My son shot the 308 much more & in my opinion the gun was quite a bit quieter. From looking at the target & my 13 YO shooting I have no reason to believe that the gun won't shoot at least as well w/ the can as w/ out. This gun was built at Accuracy Unlimited & shoots very well.

As for the 5.56 gun, its a DDM4V1. It has a 16" barrel w/ a stock trigger at the time, but I've just installed a Geissele SD-3G trigger. It shot well enough at to confirm my new zero at 50M. I only added .5 MOA & everything is zeroed well enough for my purposes. This certainly isn't my finest work, but this is not shot from a bench either. This is prone un-supported w/ no sling or bipod & I did call the two I shanked. Forp optics, I’m using an AimPoint T1 w/ 2 MOA dot, which pretty much covers the whole circle at 50M. The 5.56 is a tough round to suppress. This is still louder than a .22LR, but the can does do a very good job of mitigating the rifle's report.

***No instruments to measure decibels, etc so no data there.

Any questions send me a pmail.

Attachments

• 1D1E0B29-E98A-484C-94A5-AD19EF9B16AD.png
    1D1E0B29-E98A-484C-94A5-AD19EF9B16AD.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 55
Last edited: