• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Surefire gen 1 muzzle brake with new RC2

geronimo2011

Private
Minuteman
Dec 2, 2013
Hello,
I have a new RC2 muzzle brake but I have the gen one muzzle brake already installed on several rifles. I called surefire 4 times to see if I could get a consistent answer and the answers were not confident. Since the hen 1 does not have the notch on the brake that stick up it can spin. I’m curious if anyone used this set up? Thanks!

The Gen 1 “Over the Barrel” Muzzle Brake adapters are not compatible with the RC-II Suppressors. Likewise, the Gen 2 Muzzle Brake Adapters are not compatible with the earlier ”Over the Barrel” suppressors. I have both.

Some of the earlier adapters are also suppressor specific to particular Gen 1 suppressors

Hello,
I have a new RC2 muzzle brake but I have the gen one muzzle brake already installed on several rifles. I called surefire 4 times to see if I could get a consistent answer and the answers were not confident. Since the hen 1 does not have the notch on the brake that stick up it can spin. I’m curious if anyone used this set up? Thanks!
You can run a SOCOM suppressor or Warden blast diffuser on a gen 1 legacy END-MOUNT muzzle device but not on an over-the-barrel device. The suppressor or warden won’t spin unless its not locked up properly.

You cannot run a GenOne legacy end mount Surefire suppressor on a SOCOM muzzle device.