• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Surefire gen 1 muzzle brake with new RC2

geronimo2011

Private
Minuteman
Dec 2, 2013
Hello,
I have a new RC2 muzzle brake but I have the gen one muzzle brake already installed on several rifles. I called surefire 4 times to see if I could get a consistent answer and the answers were not confident. Since the hen 1 does not have the notch on the brake that stick up it can spin. I’m curious if anyone used this set up? Thanks!

The Gen 1 “Over the Barrel” Muzzle Brake adapters are not compatible with the RC-II Suppressors. Likewise, the Gen 2 Muzzle Brake Adapters are not compatible with the earlier ”Over the Barrel” suppressors. I have both.

Some of the earlier adapters are also suppressor specific to particular Gen 1 suppressors

Hello,
I have a new RC2 muzzle brake but I have the gen one muzzle brake already installed on several rifles. I called surefire 4 times to see if I could get a consistent answer and the answers were not confident. Since the hen 1 does not have the notch on the brake that stick up it can spin. I’m curious if anyone used this set up? Thanks!
You can run a SOCOM suppressor or Warden blast diffuser on a gen 1 legacy END-MOUNT muzzle device but not on an over-the-barrel device. The suppressor or warden won’t spin unless its not locked up properly.

You cannot run a GenOne legacy end mount Surefire suppressor on a SOCOM muzzle device.

You can run a SOCOM suppressor or Warden blast diffuser on a gen 1 legacy END-MOUNT muzzle device but not on an over-the-barrel device. The suppressor or warden won’t spin unless its not locked up properly.

You cannot run a GenOne legacy end mount Surefire suppressor on a SOCOM muzzle device.
So a new Warden would fit on an old Gen 1 Surefire Compensator? The compensator fits a gen 1 5.56 supressor. That will work ok?

I have a sure fire 556-212, the pre socom/rc2 variants, and likely similar to yours.

They are correct the warden mounts to the end, but because it won’t have a pin for the notch in the muzzle device, it can rotate until the rear collar is locked. The pin in the old cans is why you get the same collar alignment each time with your older can. Also why you can’t put old cans on socom mounts.

Reactions: msgriff
If you end up not having a need for the old mounts I would buy them.
MB556K or FH556-212.
They are hard to come by nowadays and my Legacy FA556-212 can is still kicking

Edit: Just realized this was a necro thread..... :(

Last edited:
I have a sure fire 556-212, the pre socom/rc2 variants, and likely similar to yours.

They are correct the warden mounts to the end, but because it won’t have a pin for the notch in the muzzle device, it can rotate until the rear collar is locked. The pin in the old cans is why you get the same collar alignment each time with your older can. Also why you can’t put old cans on socom mounts.
Thank you, so if Im understanding correctly it will fit on my older break just fine.

May grab one someday.