• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors SUREFIRE---I don't think so!!!!

kwak

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 13, 2010
MI
Wanted to make a purchase from a out of state dealer and needed to verify serial numbers. It took Surefire over two weeks to respond and they refused to provide any help or information.

Both AAC and SilencoCO got back within a hour with all the information I needed.

SHAME on SUREFIRE.

Please take the time to verify your purchases with a out of state dealer before sending them any money.

What do you mean by verify serial numbers? Are you giving the manufacture the serial number of the suppressor that you bought and asking information on it? I am not sure I understand..

Yeah, I'm not 100% sure I understand, either.

There's a rep on the forums and I've never had a problem in contacting them.

Had the information on my 762RC within 20 minutes...

Last edited:
I think he's saying he wanted to purchase a Surefire suppressor from an out of state dealer and called Surefire to see if the serial number the dealer gave him matched up with the one Surefire has in their records. Is this correct OP?

I love my Surefire suppressor. I cannot understand what getting a serial number would prove. In fact, if someone is selling an illegal can, it carries a VERY LARGE punishment in "pound me in the ass" federal prison.

Meanwhile, if the serial number is incorrect, it will be caught right away when the online dealer tries to transfer it to your local dealer. This process goes through the ATF. If it does not match their records at ATF, the Form 3 transfer will be denied. Also, any FFL/SOT dealer trying to sell an illegal suppressor is easily caught and arrested, since they have to pass a multitude of background checks, references and in person meetings.

Relax and just buy the can with confidence. Just make sure you double check the the online dealer has a valid in force FFL license.

I have one Surefire can and really like it. But what drove me to get a SF can was their muzzle brakes. I decided to get the can that fit the brake and am very happy that I did. They are incredibly effective brakes on ARs (probably other guns too, I just don't have that experience).

I did hear directly from a dealer that the ATF delayed a transfer as the serial number submitted didn't show as being in that dealers inventory. It was just a matter of the ATF's paper work catching up. This does prove that they keep track. As others said, I don't think you have anything to worry about.

I am not sure what the OP wanted. We will not turn over a serial number but to only the dealer as they are the ones who is making the purchase from us. It is the dealers responsibility to work directly with the end user since they will need to control the form 4's and what customers serial numbers belong to who. If I gave out the serial number that the dealer had slotted to someone else that had a form 4 going, that would be a huge mess.

I think he's saying he wanted to purchase a Surefire suppressor from an out of state dealer and called Surefire to see if the serial number the dealer gave him matched up with the one Surefire has in their records. Is this correct OP?

This is correct. Before I sent the dealer payment I wanted to verify that the serial numbers were valid. I have also come to find out that some dealers who sell suppressors on this site are not Class 3 dealers themselves. They use a Class 3 dealer to complete their sale as they do not have a license themselves. Much more to follow as the information comes in.

But be very cautious about out of state dealers. Ask for them to send you a copy of their license and the serial numbers of the devices before you send payment. Better to do business with a instate dealer where you can look and handle what you purchase.

[MENTION=45759]kwak[/MENTION], after having made a single and very expensive mistake I have come to rely heavily on vendors who are well reviewed and active here on the Hide. Several of them are active members, as are some manufacturers. This a great feature of this site.

I am not sure what the OP wanted. We will not turn over a serial number but to only the dealer as they are the ones who is making the purchase from us. It is the dealers responsibility to work directly with the end user since they will need to control the form 4's and what customers serial numbers belong to who. If I gave out the serial number that the dealer had slotted to someone else that had a form 4 going, that would be a huge mess.

I never asked anyone at Surefire to turn over a serial number. I asked if the serial number that I gave them was valid and they refused to give me any information what so ever. This is not the case with AAC and SilencoCo they were both more than willing to give me all the help I needed and more within a hour not TWO WEEKS. Again I must say SHAME of SUREFIRE. If Surefire is so concerned about FAKES they must also be willing help potential customers verify their purchases. And they should go one step further and not allow brokers to sell their devices and go through a Class 3 dealer to complete the sale.

kwak, you may wish to consider the possibility that you're crazy.

Sane people just buy the cans they want from reputable dealers and get on with their lives minus this kind of drama.

Certainly sounds like a lot of fake, invented drama that is completely unnecessary.

25+ suppressors in my inventory, including SF and I haven't had an issue yet, must not be shopping in the right places.

Either that or I need to start hunting for a reason to create a problem.

This is an example of what I refer to as "First-can-itis". Want to be sure you don't end up in jail and have to micromanage the situation. ANY discrepancy that the ATF does not like on a Form 4 WILL be changed, on my F4's I have corrections on the format of my name, and no inch sign on a length for a can. So the serial number, which is most arguably the most vital piece of information will get caught by the ATF if there is an issue. I would say that Surefire not giving out their products' serial numbers speaks better about them. It's good to know you can call them and they wont give that information away.

Sometimes I like to sit around, and think of ways to get needlessly angry as well.

2ivbk0l.jpg

Certainly sounds like a lot of fake, invented drama that is completely unnecessary.

25+ suppressors in my inventory, including SF and I haven't had an issue yet, must not be shopping in the right places.

Either that or I need to start hunting for a reason to create a problem.

You have 25+ suppressors Frank?............need a 39 year old son with a job?

As a dealer I won't hand out copies of my FFL/SOT to any joe off the street. If you want to buy a can from me and you're a little leery because I'm out of state do a search on any of the NFA boards and see what others that have dealt with me think. As for checking serial numbers.....I won't give you numbers though I would verify a number you gave me as one I manufactured or not. That still doesn't mean anything. If a dealer is going to screw you he can come up with numbers too. Just having a valid serial doesn't verify anything real. From the dealers side of the fence you'd be amazed at the crap we deal with because our FFL information is posted by the ATF. We get crank calls from anti-gun idiots, sales calls from all manner of idiots and calls from "customers" asking about stock or purchase of a wide range of stuff. When dealing with customers odd requests it is sometimes easier to let an oddball rant and rave on the board than to deal with him. It saves a lot of trouble down the line.....

Frank

I have 9 Surefire Suppresors. Never an issue. They make an excellent product! A bit overpriced in my opinion but their mounting system cannot be rivaled.

This sounds odd to me, but each makes their own decisions. Surefire cans are amazing and that is all I run. Like them so much we ended up going with them fora department wide purchase. Good suppressors here folks.

Be safe,
FourNineThree

10+ cans in my inventory, including multiple SF's.

Love SF cans.

Hate SF customer service. Both reps and telephone customer service folks are total douchebags. Several dealers near my home say the same thing. Try calling them and not waiting 60 minutes, before being transferred elsewhere and waiting another 60 minutes. Why are these guys in CA again????

Thing is: Their product is better than anyone else's. Period. That's why you pay extra for it, that's why you deal with their shitty CS.

The hot chick in high-school never talked to you for a reason. She didn't have to. Same thing with SF.

They're probably more concentrated on keeping our guys alive overseas...which I get.

Thing is: Their product is better than anyone else's. Period. That's why you pay extra for it, that's why you deal with their shitty CS.

Meh.
Surefire cans are usually higher priced and louder than the competition.
If you are willing to take shit from a company you have a different idea of customer satisfaction than I do.

(Or like taking shit)

10+ cans in my inventory, including multiple SF's.

Love SF cans.

Hate SF customer service. Both reps and telephone customer service folks are total douchebags. Several dealers near my home say the same thing. Try calling them and not waiting 60 minutes, before being transferred elsewhere and waiting another 60 minutes. Why are these guys in CA again????

The hot chick in high-school never talked to you for a reason. She didn't have to. Same thing with SF.

They're probably more concentrated on keeping our guys alive overseas...which I get.

I apologize for you having bad customer service when trying to get your questions answered. We had to lay some people off last year and unfortunately it tied up phones because there were less people to answer them and some of the guys that knew what they were talking about in regards to the suppressors left. If you personally ever have any questions ask me and I will get them answered. My personal email is in my signature line and when I reply my cell phone is as well. I get calls and emails from guys on the hide and the other forums I am on and it doesn't bother me one bit because if I make an investment in something I would like to have any questions about it answered as well. While yes we at Surefire and myself strive to make sure the military and first responders are taken care of that doesn't mean I don't care about our other customers because I most certainly do. Seriously if you ever have a question go ahead and ask me and once again I apologize for your bad experience. You can give your dealer my contact info as well.

I made a post a while back about Surefire not taking care of me on several lights. Chuck PM'd me but made no comments in the thread. He took care of the issues and made up for the experience. I realize that this has nothing to do with silencers, but it's just a plug for a good guy.

Thanks for your offer Chuck but I'm not about to get in-between my dealers and their reps. Those are their relationships and I don't want to screw them up for them. I am sure you and everyone else can respect that. If you want feedback, please know some of your Utah dealers aren't exactly impressed by SF's communication skills. You sound like a nice guy but we are on a public forum and you were probably hired to do exactly what's happening on this thread.

Like I said, SF has fantastic products. They're rightly focusing on mil sales. That hurts their civvy CS and sales. I get it.

Keep doing what you're doing and when you make enough money hire some competent civvy CS folks. And get out of CA.

Thanks for your offer Chuck but I'm not about to get in-between my dealers and their reps. Those are their relationships and I don't want to screw them up for them. I am sure you and everyone else can respect that. If you want feedback, please know some of your Utah dealers aren't exactly impressed by SF's communication skills. You sound like a nice guy but we are on a public forum and you were probably hired to do exactly what's happening on this thread.

Like I said, SF has fantastic products. They're rightly focusing on mil sales. That hurts their civvy CS and sales. I get it.

Keep doing what you're doing and when you make enough money hire some competent civvy CS folks. And get out of CA.

They (the dealers) should contact Garin - his response time and service is great.

I totally understand what you are saying but I can honestly say this is not my job. I handle military sales but I have been in the long range shooting game since way before I started at Surefire and I got on this forum in 2006 when I was still focusing on shooting scumbags in far off lands. I will pass off the feedback to Garin Lee who handles the suppressor division though.

This is correct. Before I sent the dealer payment I wanted to verify that the serial numbers were valid.

Not sure what problem you think you were going to solve even if they had verified the SN. A crooked dealer can easily find a valid SN to give you. Look how easy it was for you to get valid SNs for AAC and SilencerCo products.

I have also come to find out that some dealers who sell suppressors on this site are not Class 3 dealers themselves.

Please name a dealer dealing in NFA that does not have a FFL/SOT.

Last edited: