• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Surefire SOCOM suppressor trainer

Mr Joshua

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 9, 2011
hawaii, USA
Finally received my Surefire SOCOM suppressor trainer. I know it's a novelty, but we can't own real ones where I live. It's pretty cool though, looks and feels real. The weight supposed to be accurate too.

Attachments

• IMG_3006.JPG
    IMG_3006.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 325
  • IMG_3007.JPG
    IMG_3007.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 261
It is to be used with blanks for training and it cost $300!! I hope it makes you feel really cool for $300. Under the right circumstances it could cause you major grief while the authorities determined that it is NOT a suppressor. GH

Here's some info about them, p19: http://www.surefire-australia.com.au/catalogs-brochures/2013_Suppressor_Brochure_ps.pdf

It's not designed for blanks, it's for using frangible ammunition, Simunitions, etc so it sounds like it has a fairly open core and would likely not be mistaken closer than five feet or one shot if on the range. I can understand wanting the looks and feel, along with the CDI factor as well. Not my thing, but I can understand it. Congrats on the purchase and further proves to me why I live in free states!

Reactions: Jec1903
Red, thanks for the link.

I see that there are three training aids: A Blank Firing Adapter, a Blank Safety Device and a separate SF-Trainer. The Trainer description says, "... for training with frangible ammunition and/or marking cartridges (e.g. Simunition FX)..." I am not sure how the trainer works with frangible ammo. Interesting.

Anyone have experience with a SF trainer?

The Training suppressor is designed to mimic the exact size and weight of the real suppressor but allow you not to have to worry about baffle strikes with frangible ammo. Frangible ammo has a very high tendency of coming apart a lot of times even before it leaves the muzzle. This suppressor has a hollow core so you just shoot through the center. This was designed more for military customers shooting sims ammo and frangible ammo so from a training aspect the weight and length of the rifle is the same but you don't fill your real suppressor full of paint and plastic or shotgun blast it with the frangible round if it comes apart.

Finally received my Surefire SOCOM suppressor trainer. I know it's a novelty, but we can't own real ones where I live. It's pretty cool though, looks and feels real. The weight supposed to be accurate too.

Why do you have a BAD lever on a SR15? You do know there is a bolt release right next to your index finger (if your a righty)?

Why do you have a BAD lever on a SR15? You do know there is a bolt release right next to your index finger (if your a righty)?

I'd bet it's so he can lock the bolt to the rear without swapping hands.

I'd bet it's so he can lock the bolt to the rear without swapping hands.

Why? There is litteraly no reason for that, atleast where you would need a speed/time advantage of having it right there. Add to another devise to get in the way of the trigger guard/weapon and I really don't get it.

The SR-15 has a completley ambi lower.

The only time you need to lock the bolt to the rear is for inspecting the chamber or the old archaic Bolt to the rear/rifles down range bs that most mil ranges still play.

Just curious.

Why? There is litteraly no reason for that, atleast where you would need a speed/time advantage of having it right there. Add to another devise to get in the way of the trigger guard/weapon and I really don't get it.

The SR-15 has a completley ambi lower.

The only time you need to lock the bolt to the rear is for inspecting the chamber or the old archaic Bolt to the rear/rifles down range bs that most mil ranges still play.

Just curious.

Or clearing a malfunction… I personally don't like the BAD lever, but just b/c you don't like it doesn't mean it doesn't have it's place for some.

Understood, tried them and found them to be a waste of money.

Your not making a difference doing SPORTS with a Bad vise without one. Its a gimmick. Plenty of crap on the market is, so its not alone.

Anyone who has run an AR for a while , has(or should have) the muscle memory to initiate a malfunction clearance and its fast. I assume if you are a QP, you are the same.

If they don't have the muscle memory, relying or training with a non standard devise will only instill bad habits and training. When they really are in an o shit moment they may not know what to do.

Its a lose - lose.

Understood, tried them and found them to be a waste of money.

Your not making a difference doing SPORTS with a Bad vise without one. Its a gimmick. Plenty of crap on the market is, so its not alone.

Anyone who has run an AR for a while , has(or should have) the muscle memory to initiate a malfunction clearance and its fast. I assume if you are a QP, you are the same.

If they don't have the muscle memory, relying or training with a non standard devise will only instill bad habits and training. When they really are in an o shit moment they may not know what to do.

Its a lose - lose.

I don't see how having a BAD lever will create "bad habits". I practice with my rifle a lot and don't remove the lever when I get home. If I ever have to use it to defend myself, my rifle is configured exactly the way it is when I train so I'll won't be confused. I hope that everyone who has bought one also trains with it as well. A modified procedure doesn't make it wrong. In the last 20 years CPR procedures have been changed 3 or 4 times. It doesn't make the latest version a "bad habit" or wrong. As far as getting in the way, I have never had a problem. A lot of my friends including some in the Army's SRT that wear 2XL gloves haven't had a problem either.