• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Surefire Suppressor on a AR

ChrisNCT

A Connecticut Shooter
Minuteman
Jul 14, 2009
Naugatuck, CT USA
I got to tell you guys..... since I have gotten this Surefire FA556AR can, I hardly go without it. The AR is much more pleasant to shoot. I do shoot regular PMC Bronze supersonic though it but it's still quieter. Very neat little accessory.

The only downfall so far that I can see is that shooting with the can the gun gets REALLY filthy! No joke there.

I am on the road right now getting my 2nd suppressor for a .22 and shouldn't be long till it's approved. I went with a Advanced Armament Element. Here's pics at the dealers:
0519001316a.jpg

0519001316.jpg

0519001315.jpg

Here's some pics and vids of the AR w/ Surefire FA556AR can....

IMG_6543.jpg

IMG_6544.jpg

IMG_6537Large.jpg

IMG_6527Large.jpg

Re: Surefire Suppressor on a AR

Those surefire cans are sweet. Not cheap, but worth the $$.

Mine looked pretty like that once too.

A small stainless brush and a sharp knife solves the carbon build up on the mount and inside of the can just behind the blast baffle.

Enjoy.

Good luck

Im awaiting a Surefire 762 can right now. For a bolt gun! I hope it lives up to the hype, it wasn't cheap!

nice can. Paperwork shot kind of shows allot to the net world just my 2 cents

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYshooter338$</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Im awaiting a Surefire 762 can right now. For a bolt gun! I hope it lives up to the hype, it wasn't cheap! </div></div>
Got to check one at last week at my local shop, but you are right, it was almost 2k. They had the aac thundertrap(think thats what it is called). It must have weighed half a pound more than the surefire, but half the price. Every surefire product i have owned is top notch. Let us know what you think when you shoot it

10-4 with Biggame there are things you don't need to be showing the world. TOO much info on that clip,people don't need to know your digits. If you think the 5.56 is dirty just wait for the .22 cal. especially if you run subsonic rounds through it. My AWC Stalker with Stinger ammo is still deathly quiet.

Nice set up. I really really want to get a can for my AR's. I've got my first suppressor on transfer now......AAC EVO45. I'll have to check into the Surefire's.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Malaga2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">real nice set up....cans are addicting
smile.gif
</div></div>

You can say that again x 40
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Biggame</div><div class="ubbcode-body">nice can. Paperwork shot kind of shows allot to the net world just my 2 cents</div></div>

None of my info is visible on the form 4 paperwork. That's the dealers info which I can careless about. The serial number is not visible nor is any of my info.

The Surefire cans def. are not cheap. Would I buy another one? Yes I would, infact I plan to purchase a 7.62SS model for a bolt gun sooner or later. I will not be shooting .22lr though the Surefire can. That's why I have the AAC Element .22 can coming in. I plan to use the AAC can for my Walther P22, Dedicated .22 AR15 upper, and other .22 items that I may pick up. I have been eyeing a CZ .22 bolt-action.

Hey Chris, do you buy your surefire stuff from k-5? They have the 7.62 can in stock. Im down there all the time.

Nope I got my 2 from Jojo's in Southington. As soon as the 2nd one comes back I am sending off 2 more form 4's for 2 more. I am getting a Gemtech Multimount 9mm setup and a Advanced Armament TiRant9 can. Maybe after that a Advanced Armament M4-1000 or something. Don't know just yet.

I think i am going to set up a trust soon. I can't seem to fight the temptation to buy some cans and sbrs