• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Surefire Warcomp Timing Issue

dadzic

Private
Minuteman
Dec 2, 2010
Wausau WI
I'm a left hand shooter and bought a Warcomp to have pinned and welded on my 14.5" Sig 516 upper. I told the gunsmith to time it in the neutral position with ports at 12 o'clock position. However, when I brought the upper home tonight I realized that he timed it for a right handed shooter (ports to the top and the right). I'm a little disappointed but I know he made an honest mistake, and it happens to the best of us.

Question now is how this will affect the perceived recoil/balance of the weapon if I'm shooting it left handed. Will this even matter on a soft recoiling platform like the 5.56 or should I be concerned. I really hope that I don't have to complain and have him do everything over again and to purchase a new muzzle device. Did anything like this happen to any of you? Have any of you shot a warcomp that was timed for the hand opposite of your preferred shooting hand? If so, is the difference noticable? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

I doubt youll be able to tell the difference if im honest.

however, you did tell the smith to do something a certain way, and he didnt.....honest mistake or not.......it should still be done properly......its not that hard of a mistake to fix, so ide talk to the smith and have him make it right.

but if you dont want to deal with it or wait...i wouldnt lose sleep over it.

Reactions: Ravenworks
I'm a left hand shooter and bought a Warcomp to have pinned and welded on my 14.5" Sig 516 upper. I told the gunsmith to time it in the neutral position with ports at 12 o'clock position. However, when I brought the upper home tonight I realized that he timed it for a right handed shooter (ports to the top and the right). I'm a little disappointed but I know he made an honest mistake, and it happens to the best of us.

Question now is how this will affect the perceived recoil/balance of the weapon if I'm shooting it left handed. Will this even matter on a soft recoiling platform like the 5.56 or should I be concerned. I really hope that I don't have to complain and have him do everything over again and to purchase a new muzzle device. Did anything like this happen to any of you? Have any of you shot a warcomp that was timed for the hand opposite of your preferred shooting hand? If so, is the difference noticable? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

The braking function of the warcomp isn't that dramatic so I doubt you notice it but I've never shot something that wasn't neutrally timed so it will be interesting to know if you do.

Thanks guys for the feedback. That makes me feel a lot better. I think I’m just going to have to shoot it and see. I usually prefer an A2 over fancy muzzle devices so as long as it does not push to the left more so than the standard A2 I’m going to be a happy camper. Cheers!

If it is pinned and welded I would leave it as is. Otherwise you remove or add shims until it’s in the position you want.

Reactions: Ravenworks
Sucks that the “smith” did the job improperly.
Dont use that “smith” again
Did you inform him of the mistake?