• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SureFire X400 Zero?

beb0541

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 3, 2014
South Florida
Hello Gents,

I wanted some feedback as far as where you would zero your laser for a defensive / combat pistol setup?

Running a SureFire X400 on a 5in 45. Heard differing opinions and curious if anyone can speak from experience running a similar setup.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Clark

My buddy has an X400 and we set it up for 50yds on an AR15.

He has the green version.

For a 45, I'd guess your best bet would be in the 10-25yd range...Maybe set it up at 15.

I've been thinking about getting one myself but, haven't pulled the trigger yet.

I have also heard the zeroing is tricky with the cant - moves at an angle as opposed to horizontal / vertical.

10 yds is a good distance for a handgun laser. Since you mention defensive/combat, this is a reasonable distance. If you think you would take a longer shot, try it at other distances to validate POI. BTW, nice weapon light!

Yeah I was debating between 10 - 15 yds. Hold over/under seems to be optimal there for closer range and distance shot. Thanks for the insight.

I'd set it for zero at 7 yes on a gun that you plan to maybe use as a defensive pistol. Defense of what? Home? CCW? If for your home I might measure the distance of the longest shot you'd be liable to take, IE back wall to front door and zero it 3/4 of that distance.