• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Surefire X400v

Delta4-3

Gunny Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
May 21, 2013
Arkansas
I have been playing with the new Surefire X400v for a few weeks now on a carbine and pistol. I generally keep pistol accessories on....pistols. However, the x400v has performed surprisingly well on a carbine. The illuminator is good at to 120 yards or so, and the laser and the illuminator are really smooth. The only downside is that it is too tall to run it at the 12:00 position. I am sure there are mounts out there that would allow it to work, such as the tall KAC T-1 mount, but I like having my cheek, not my armpit, on the stock when I shoot with an optic. However, the downside is offset by having white light, IR lum, and an IR laser all in one small, light package. You can run just the white light, just the IR illuminator, Just the IR laser, or both the illuminator and laser. The switch used to select settings is ergonomic and intuitive. The activation switch will activate either up or down, which makes it viable for any position you would use it at on a carbine. There is also a pressure switch available.
On a pistol....it's pure magic. It blows the PEQ-14 out of the water.
AIVmQD5.jpg

Here are some pics of it down range. I need to redo them though, as there were two factors keeping them from being an accurate portrayal (other than the fact that I took them with a crappy iPhone 4). One, it was a full moon. Two, I left the IR filters on both PVS-14's that the pic's were taken with.

All pictures are taken at 90 yards.

The first one is through a high spec Pinnacle tube, and is of the IR laser and Illuminator.
fjbP1Eo.jpg

Just the laser. (I didn't focus well enough here)
viW4UEh.jpg

Next is a Photonis Gen 3 White Phosphor tube, same distance. Laser and illuminator.
JoJxUbt.jpg

Just the laser.
0jsr8nx.jpg

Man I've been looking for something like this for my pistol wanting to do a .45acp hog hunt. Do you have pics of it on a pistol or carbine???

I'll give you a call for the price thanks!

Yep, I've had one for a couple of months and it is very nice! I have not run my on a carbine yet as I have 3 other IR lasers for carbines.

Man I've been looking for something like this for my pistol wanting to do a .45acp hog hunt. Do you have pics of it on a pistol or carbine???

I'll give you a call for the price thanks!
Roger that Lawman. It is awesome on a pistol, I'll post up some pistol pics up tonight!

Sorry for the terrible pictures. There is a light right above my desk and the only camera I know how to operate is on my phone. More pistol pics to come.
G3hzb3f.jpg

4cfmXqP.jpg