• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Surefire's new 60 and 100 rd mags

Re: Surefire's new 60 and 100 rd mags

That CPL kid is fucked up showing up in uniform on a commercial advertisement

Uh also... getting 200 rds down range in 18.5 seconds is a battle changer? Sure... if you want to burn through all your ammo and be a sitting duck.

Okay to be honest, what I took away from that video is:
-The mags are reliable- mag dump after mag dump <span style="text-decoration: underline">seem</span> to demonstrate proved that.
-The 100rd mag is incredibly <span style="font-weight: bold">LONG</span>.
-There are a lot of guys that think clamping two mags together is a good idea.

And it reinforced what I've already known:
-This really only solves a problem for an automatic rifleman.
-Increases weapon weight.
-Makes weapon more cumbersome.

All said- I see pretty limited use for these. Sure it's nice to have a BUNCH of ammo already in your gun, but if you're burning through 30-40 rounds without a chance to reload... You might be doing it wrong*, and you might run out of ammo a little early. Heavy volume of fire is what you use MG's for.

*best exception I can think of to this would be for break contact.

I want one of the 60's, I wont lie. I only want it cause its more than my 48 round mag and having 60 in the same size of a 30 (for the most part, might be a little longer than a standard 30) kicks ass. And its got a wide base so would be good for monopodding off of.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Outsy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I want one of the 60's, I wont lie. I only want it cause its more than my 48 round mag and having 60 in the same size of a 30 (for the most part, might be a little longer than a standard 30) kicks ass. And its got a wide base so would be good for monopodding off of. </div></div>
Outsy I would want one also but at $129 for the sixty rounder I might have to wait until they come down some.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: strangedays</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Outsy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I want one of the 60's, I wont lie. I only want it cause its more than my 48 round mag and having 60 in the same size of a 30 (for the most part, might be a little longer than a standard 30) kicks ass. And its got a wide base so would be good for monopodding off of. </div></div>
Outsy I would want one also but at $129 for the sixty rounder I might have to wait until they come down some. </div></div>

HOLY SMOKES!!!! I will admit that although I see very, very limited "real world" use for this, if they were more reasonable I'd think about picking one up just for fun. But that price isn't even close to reasonable.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DP425</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That CPL kid is fucked up showing up in uniform on a commercial advertisement </div></div>

How so.....he works for the company & in the video he has no visible patches or insignia. He is just wearing a camo outfit.....what gives..?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mgd45</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DP425</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That CPL kid is fucked up showing up in uniform on a commercial advertisement </div></div>

How so.....he works for the company & in the video he has no visible patches or insignia. He is just wearing a camo outfit.....what gives..? </div></div>

He's wearing a distinctly USMC uniform and made sure to state his service in a a commercial advertisement. The only thing that could have been worse was doing the same for a political advertisement.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DP425</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mgd45</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DP425</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That CPL kid is fucked up showing up in uniform on a commercial advertisement </div></div>

How so.....he works for the company & in the video he has no visible patches or insignia. He is just wearing a camo outfit.....what gives..? </div></div>

He's wearing a distinctly USMC uniform and made sure to state his service in a a commercial advertisement. The only thing that could have been worse was doing the same for a political advertisement. </div></div>
Agree, Cammies are for work only. But damn for the new Automatic Rifleman replacement rifle by HK or similar those mags would be pretty nifty.

If Surefire would drop the price to even 100 bucks I would probably buy one .. but 129 is atleast 29 too much.

Of course if some idiot politician introduces a bill to limit high cap magazine production (in view of the recent Arizona shooting), I don't think they will have any problem getting $129 for the mags.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Unknown</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Of course if some idiot politician introduces a bill to limit high cap magazine production (in view of the recent Arizona shooting), I don't think they will have any problem getting $129 for the mags. </div></div>
I highly doubt anything gun related will come from this. Plus the dumb thing is if they make a ban on it you think the price would stay at where it is now? Has history not proven that things cost more when such laws exsist? Like I said I doubt anything will come from this but if there was it would be more like Surefires two hundred dollar mag.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DP425</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mgd45</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DP425</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That CPL kid is fucked up showing up in uniform on a commercial advertisement </div></div>

He's wearing a distinctly USMC uniform and made sure to state his service in a a commercial advertisement. The only thing that could have been worse was doing the same for a political advertisement. </div></div>

Actually, he never said a word about his job, service in the military or otherwise.....it was the Surefire Rep. Would that still get him in trouble....?

I'd buy one! The sixty rounder looks reasonably sized. I don't buy the LE angle. My Eastside (Seattle) SWAT buddy has never had to fire one round on a call out, thank god. But the Hollywood shoot out comes to mind. Hell, I just want one or two of the 60 rounders. JPG

60 rounder looks useful. Nix the 100 - too long, particularly if you're belly down.

The only people I see getting much use from the 100's are the gamers and those with full auto toys like knob creek shoots. Other than that the 60's seem perfect.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mgd45</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DP425</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mgd45</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DP425</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That CPL kid is fucked up showing up in uniform on a commercial advertisement </div></div>

Actually, he never said a word about his job, service in the military or otherwise.....it was the Surefire Rep. Would that still get him in trouble....? </div></div>

Yes, it should.

I"m going to order a few for the fact that I'm sure one day they will be worth a lot of money when the libs ban hi-cap magazines

The 60 rounds don't look much longer than a mil spec 30rnd mag. Just a little heavier. I actually think the 60rnd is pretty useful.

is the 60 round not going to be too heavy? does this not stress the mag release? id just as soon wait for the magpul version

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kmc0929</div><div class="ubbcode-body">is the 60 round not going to be too heavy? does this not stress the mag release? id just as soon wait for the magpul version </div></div>
If yours can't handle it it might be an airsoft rifle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DP425</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That CPL kid is fucked up showing up in uniform on a commercial advertisement </div></div>

Really?

He's a reservist. You can't see a globe & anchor. He works for Surefire. What's he supposed to wear, urban Tiger Stripes? The PAO won't have a beef here, if anything he's good for the recruiting effort. Good weapon-handling skills and well-spoken. Nice shooting Devil Dog, thank you for your service!

My brother (USMC) gave me one hell of an ear full when I asked him to wear is uniform around once (I didn't know). As far as he was concerned I just asked him to rob a bank.

...and I was feeling bad about my 40 round PMags @ $22

I'm screwed now being a Surefire addict 8>)
a couple each from Midway put me back $600

I'm glad that companies out there are innovating, but I think I'll hold off and see some reviews outside of the SureFire test bubble before I pick any up.

Interesting idea though.

From what I remember, if the Marine has prior concent he is allowed. The script must be preapproved.

the 60 rounder looks like it might let me cram 20-25 458 socoms in a mag. I need one bad.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jwb47</div><div class="ubbcode-body">the 60 rounder looks like it might let me cram 20-25 458 socoms in a mag. I need one bad. </div></div>

This is where I see the biggest benefit.

I like the use of the off set T1 Mount to combat the issue of going prone. Probably wouldn't like shooting like that but still...

Its around 4:31 into the video if you are interested.