• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

surefires- waterproof? a story....

tschiemer

Sergeant
Minuteman
I have a surefire 6P LED which I bought from a member a couple of years ago and I today accidently washed it with the clothes. To my surprise, the batteries were dry when I opened it so I tried it, and it works fine.

Are they waterproof, or "water resistant", and if so how far, if anyone knows?

In this case, the light weathered the washing machine well. I'll see if it still is working in a few days but it is tonight.

Robert

Re: surefires- waterproof? a story....

My experience with surefire is you have to be talented to screw one up and if you do they will fix it. money well spent.

Surefire says "weatherproof" on their website.

I threw my E1B in a 6 foot pool at night and it illuminated the pool, jumped in and retrieved it and still working just fine

I dropped my G2 in a couple feet of saltwater while getting into a duck-blind and it took me a minute or so to fish it out. No water intrusion.

Yeah, I've done the pool thing with my kids a bunch of times with an E1B. They swim around late in the evening with it turned on. No problems.

I've heard of people dropping them in 10-20 feet of water while turned on, and trying to dive down and retrieve the glowing bright spot on the bottom...they're definitely waterproof, although it's hard to say just what depth a given model is good for unless Surefire specifies it.