• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Gunsmithing Surgeon Action

ropewalker1

Private
Minuteman
Jul 21, 2005
texas
20 MOA rail and recoil lug, machined into action, Bolt welded to handle. Good idea or Great idea ? What out there compares ?

Re: Surgeon Action

Are you trying to get someone to talk you in to a Surgeon action, or out of it?

Badger M2008 compares well and is about $270. cheaper, but both are fine custom actions.

Myself I prefer a stock Rem 700 which can be found for around $350. having it trued $250-$275. adding scope bases (Seekins $100) and surface ground lug ($25.). So about $750 for a Rem factory action all done up pretty.

But having choices is a nice thing......buy what you like, like what you buy...

Bob

I would have a threesome with Rosie O'Donald and Nancy Pelosi for a surgeon action, if that tells you anything.

Top of the food chain in my book.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: victory</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would have a threesome with Rosie O'Donald and Nancy Pelosi for a surgeon action, if that tells you anything.

Top of the food chain in my book. </div></div>

I think I just threw up in my mouth at little. The mental picture of that "menage a trois" is very disturbing.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: victory</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would have a threesome with Rosie O'Donald and Nancy Pelosi for a surgeon action, if that tells you anything.

Top of the food chain in my book.</div></div>

that is an extremely disturbing statement

Your refering to the 591, and it is a great action. The Badger M2008 is similar to the Surgeon in features, different style for sure. The bolt and bolt handle on the Surgeon is actually machined as one piece, even better than welding.

Kirk R

I am waiting on a backordered 591 now for a 260 build but I would like to build a Badger in the future maybe a 338 that would be fun

Hey Bob, what ya know about, George " Mick " Cobb. Concord N.C.? " Rifle Gunshop " Builder.

All but 1 of Team Bukakke uses Surgeon 591 actions, there approved for hardcore use, the handle is not welded, its all one piece.

BAT machine makes one just like the surgeon, built in rail and recoil lug along with deeper fluting on the bolt. but both are fantastic actions.

Helen Thomas has to sit in the corner naked rubbing one out while our threesome of pain "GETS IT ON".

Seriously, can Mr. Pritchett set this up for me? I promise I will hate F$%k them both in the most degrading manner I can.